Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm about to go 'Total Annihilation' on all the Sims in Sims 2! >:(

I'm am seriously fed up right now. I just put Danny and Sarah Crittur in with a family I made in CAS. They are both hungry. I had bought them both dog food dishes and filled their bowls with dog food. But instead of eating the dog food, the stupid dogs decide to keep eating trash and drinking puddles and starving themselves. The bowls are accessible to them and it doesn't help that every 2 freaking minutes I get a notice that 'Sarah is starving' UGH!!!!

You know what, I don't give a **** if Sarah starves anymore because she refuses to eat. I've had enough for this crap for tonight. I've been fighting with them for 30 real life minutes trying to get them to eat. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Comments

• Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited July 2014
    :lol: They are strays and accustomed to eating people food. You have to train them to eat dog food. I haven't played pets in TS2 in ages, but I do remember that. You have to scold them for getting in the trash and eating your Sims food. It takes some training, but they will start eating dog food eventually.

ETA: Found some old info on them for you.
    http://modthesims.info/t/468760
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,913 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, but they are starving as they eat trash. It's not working. :(

Edit: yeah, I'm not going to put Sarah and Danny in any families or even try to play them anymore. It's really annoying that they were taught all these bad behaviors that I don't have the patience to try to undo and them starving themselves and it's just a bunch of bull. So while I would have like to play them, it's not worth it to me.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited July 2014
    Don't blame you , I played with pets very little in Sims 2 had just as little in Sims 3. Just not my thing, I like pets in real life but Sims pets , what a pain.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    The Critturs take a lot of work. You can hire an animal trainer to come to the house if you don't want to work with them yourself. If they are too starving to be trained, I might use the maxmotives cheat. That will affect everyone in the house, but it might get your through a rough time.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,552 Member
    edited July 2014
    I haven't played TS2 in ages.

The only issue I ever had with pets eating were their silly bowls had to be turned a certain way, or couldn't have any kind of interference by other objects, walls, etc.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I think I will give them another try. But I'm hiring an animal trainer. My Sims can't hang out at home all day while these two dogs decide to act up. :D
  • Options
    LyndieFoxLyndieFox Posts: 220 Member
    edited July 2014
    I had a similar problem the other day, except my cat wouldn't eat, period. She slept until it was time for her to go to work, and left hungry. When she came back, I got a "Leona is starving" message, and her bowl is full, yet she's too busy complaining about how hungry she is to go eat. Both cats then got taken away.

I think it may have been because I was trying to make two cats eat out of the same bowl (at different times, of course) since we were low on money, because as soon as I pulled the money together to adopt them both back, I gave them two bowls and they were fine.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,438 Member
    edited July 2014
    There are some cheats that will let you play TS2 pets the same way you do in TS3. This will turn them into something you can control. I use this especially on those two dogs, they drive me NUTS otherwise. The cheats are

boolprop ControlPets on/off ~~~~~ You will be able to control the pet and tell them what to do.

boolprop PetActionCancel true/false ~~~~~ With this cheat you will be able to cancel any action that the pet is getting ready to do.

After that female dog caused me to loose every single pet in the household, because she refuses to eat from her dog dish, it was either this or to strangle her.

Also if you have roommates you want to control, you will use the first cheat on them as well.
  • Options
    turtlestturtlest Posts: 160 New Member
    edited August 2014
    I always placed Sarah and Danny with that one guy with the small dog? Name's escaping me. They were my breeding dogs and I sold their puppies to the whole neighbourhood :P
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Thanks you guys for the tips. I am going to give them one last try and use the cheat to control them.
  • Options
    Snakefire30Snakefire30 Posts: 473 Member
    edited August 2014
    Boolprop controlpets true
    Boolprop petactioncancel true
    boolprop controlpets true

is how you control cats and dogs, but even with controlling them they drove me crazy. I finally uninstalled the Pets EP so my Sims wants panel would stop getting clogged with obtain pets wants.
  • Options
    RedDestiny9RedDestiny9 Posts: 202 New Member
    edited August 2014
    I just registered the name of that pet, I thought Sarah was a sim guess I should pay more attention lol. Be careful playing with her at all, I don't know if the game was fixed up before they gave it to us but Sarah is one of the characters with a glitched pregnancy. The birth of her puppies has corrupted player's games in the past. I just read about that the other day.
  • Options
    Snakefire30Snakefire30 Posts: 473 Member
    edited August 2014
    Her pregnancy is only glitched if a player does not use the Seasons patch before starting their hoods. Same with Samantha Ottomas. That is why the Seasons patch is the most important patch.
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited August 2014
    Her pregnancy is only glitched if a player does not use the Seasons patch before starting their hoods. Same with Samantha Ottomas. That is why the Seasons patch is the most important patch.

This /\
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]