Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lag and struggling to get on.

Hey,So before i had ts2uc my computer was pratically fine (except the normal lag i get). Then since i have downloaded ts2uc, my computer has messed up big time. The downloading was to much for my computer and the fan couldnt cope. Then when i go on my computer it is always freezing. When i go onto ts3 its either 1) impossible or 2) freezes every other second. When i go on ts2uc its not to bad though. I cant even get on the internet now (im having to use another computer) But im assuming it must be ts2uc i downloaded because my pc was fine before and now its not. I really want to keep the game, but if i unistall it my pc should be fine. If i uninstall it i wont be able to play it. Help?!

Comments

• Options
    RedDestiny9RedDestiny9 Posts: 202 New Member
    edited July 2014
    you should check your computer specs and see if you can run the game. Some older computers cant handle having both ts2 and ts3.
  • Options
    lucymj2000lucymj2000 Posts: 400 Member
    edited July 2014
    bump.
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm also having a similar problem so I'm feeling your pain and frustration.
    Mine just started happening yesterday. Firstly in Isla Paradiso and now in Sunset Valley.
    New sim, new house - but it took ages to do it all up as the lag was terrible! I'm going to go on there today and see if it's any better.
    I don't have the sims 2 installed so I don't have a clue what mine could be.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited July 2014
    I've been having issues preventing me from playing my games that started earlier when my AVG PC Tune Up decided to lock me out and somebody has to get this fixed since I can't even shut my computer off or restart it until that issue is resolved.I didn't play much except to fix my Mod settings earlier because I didn't want to risk lag or an overtheating computer with the hot weather we've been having.
    I think those of us with lagging should check for overheating on our computers and try not to run them for too long in hot weather.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    My laptop fan already overheated >.< and my computer stopped. I am considering to delete ts2uc because i didnt pay for it so im not missing out on much seeing as i didnt pay. Where as i did pay for ts3, and a fair bit. Anyway the plus side to this is if i delete it i can get ts4 demo when its out for everyone.
  • Options
    TerseRat5204TerseRat5204 Posts: 3,701 Member
    edited July 2014
    Two people gave you some great tips you could have tried, like RedDestiny who suggested to check your specs which is a really good thing to do before buying/downloading a game...

Banner%2BFor%2BSims.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2014
    I've looked in every single inch possible on my laptop (live with someone who is a computer genius). Even they dont know, so me deleting this game might be my only choice.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Unistalled ts2uc but the game is still so laggy, gonna have to uninstall ts3 games now
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited July 2014
    lucymj2000 wrote:
    I've looked in every single inch possible on my laptop (live with someone who is a computer genius). Even they dont know, so me deleting this game might be my only choice.

You don't live with a computer genius if they can't pull a log and see why your computer overheated. More than likely, your system can't handle the game. Sorry, try again on a desktop. Laptops need more cooling and dedicated graphics, neither of which you can prove you have despite several requests to attempt to help you here. So, maybe uninstalling is the best solution.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    MinDtriKz wrote:
    lucymj2000 wrote:

You don't live with a computer genius if they can't pull a log and see why your computer overheated. More than likely, your system can't handle the game. Sorry, try again on a desktop. Laptops need more cooling and dedicated graphics, neither of which you can prove you have despite several requests to attempt to help you here. So, maybe uninstalling is the best solution.

We have looked at all the logs etc. My laptop overheated due to there being loads of dust in it and because i was running to much. I might just leave it for a while and hope for the best
  • Options
    We solved it at last! (this was over a week ago now)
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Just keep it clean of dust and don't play for a long time in one go and you should help keep the laptop from overheating.

The more it overheats the quicker it will die.
  • Options
    Ok thanks :)