Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When were you introduced to The Sims?

Share your stories of when you first fell in love with The Sims :)

I started in High School. The Sims 1 and from there it just grew on me.

Comments

• Options
    lilhunnylilhunny Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited July 2014
    gamecube
  • Options
    LBellLBell Posts: 3,511 Member
    edited July 2014
    The very day 'The Sims' was released. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    brittanyleahbrittanyleah Posts: 1,919 Member
    edited July 2014
    I remember I started playing at the age 11. The very first sims game.
    My dad bought it for himself to try it out and I ended up taking it over ever since haha

I'm currently 23 now so I've been playing for a very long time :mrgreen:
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 956 Member
    edited July 2014
    Christmas 2000, I started on the very first Sims game. I was 19 then, now I'm 33 so it seems forever ago. Now my 14 year old daughter and my 9 year old daughter are both hooked onto the game. They both started on TS2 and I know the years will go by fast for them as well. Before you know it the 3 of us will be playing The Sims 10 together. :D
    Check out my latest Let's Play! James Turner's Every Life Stage challenge.
    thumbnail-ELC001.jpg
  • Options
    da13371amada13371ama Posts: 78 Member
    edited July 2014
    I started out with Sims1, I remember finding the censoring, whenever they bathed or used the toilet, hilarious.

The Sims really amazed me, it was a really unique game back in the days.
  • Options
    MoochersCoochersMoochersCoochers Posts: 11
    edited July 2014
    I believe I was 8 or 7 when my cousin introduced me to The Sims. It was just so exciting and it became even more amazing when the expansions packs came out. Like Superstar, Vacation, Makin Magic and even more!

I'm now an adult and I still love the Sims franchise games
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited July 2014
    The first Sims 1 game. So long ago.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    kcroxrkcroxr Posts: 49
    edited July 2014
    I used to watch my teenage brother play The Sims 1 when I was five, and I would sneak downstairs before anyone got up to play it by myself.

( If you could help me, I'd appreciate that... http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/766532.page )
  • Options
    CatrillaCatrilla Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited July 2014
    My older sister bought Sims 1 when it first came out and we figured it out together. We've been through Sims 2 together too. Sims 3 has mostly been on my own. Sims 4 will most likely be hers. Gosh, I feel old.
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    edited July 2014
    Had an auto wreck and had to stay home to re-coop, was bored and son-in-law was talking about Sim City. Didn't know what he was talking about but it sounded ok for a try. So in 2006 I bought a laptop and Sims2, thought it was the same thing he told me about. Soon found out how wrong I was, but became hooked. Re-coop went by toooooooo fast then. Lost job cuz I couldn't walk any more but it didn't bother me, Sims was and still are there for me. Sad huh? When Sims3 came out I bought it but the computer couldn't handle it, no job so I couldn't play so I gave away. When things were closed down on Sims2, I bought a new computer and new game, couldn't handle Sims3, got an inheritance bought a great laptop and have been with Sims3 ever since, hope this computer can handle Sims4 if I decide to try it.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited July 2014
    Bought TS1 because I played SimCity which said you could create your own sims to put in the town - that was right around the time Hot Date came out. Love at first sight. :)
  • Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited July 2014
    TS1 in high school, many years ago. My father worked at IBM and they were testing how it ran on their machines, and he brought me home a copy. :wink:
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    RedDestiny9RedDestiny9 Posts: 202 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't remember the order they came out in so don't grill me lol. My first game was sims 1 for the ps2 I think it was. Then tried bustin' out, sims 1 for the computer, sims 2, I played the urbz, a couple of sims game for hand held and the wii and of course the sims three. I started before I was even technically a teen. I've been playing for years :D
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited July 2014
    about 10 years ago. My mom found out about TS1 from a co-worker, played it, thought I'd love it. Been hooked since. I had no idea about TS2 for a couple years though, until I went to a friends house and she had it, but I had a blast playing ts1.
  • Options
    nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited July 2014
    Toward the end of March this year, I went to one of my favorite blogs (which I won't name here, as it's primarily a political blog and politics is a subject we're supposed to avoid), and I saw they had posted a Goat Simulator preview video from YouTube.

I watched it, and had a good laugh. When it was over, the "related videos" screen included several Sims 3 Let's Play videos, and I clicked one of them on a whim.

I wound up spending the rest of that day watching various S3 LPs, just fascinated by the storytelling aspects of the game. I'd been feeling the urge to create something, but I didn't feel like writing or drawing, the standard art forms in which I've developed some marginal ability. Those videos made the game seem like just the thing to scratch that itch.

So, the next day I went out and bought the Starter Pack.
  • Options
    loony134654loony134654 Posts: 12
    edited July 2014
    I started playing when I was around eight. To this very day I'm still addicted!! :D:D:D:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    LyndieFoxLyndieFox Posts: 220 Member
    edited July 2014
    I heard about it from a cousin when I was about 7 or so, but wasn't allowed to play because of the rating. Then around 13 I was interested in playing but not enough to get the game. I only started actually playing this December.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited July 2014
    (comment deleted; no longer applicable)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    MommylandMommyland Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited July 2014
    I was on bed-rest when I was pregnant with my son, I was playing pharaoh and my husband got sims 1 for to get some variety in my days. Haven't stopped playing
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited July 2014
    I discovered the sims during the sims 1 days when I used to play rollarcoaster tycoon but I didn't play sims until ts3 in 2011.
    I soon switched to TS2.
    6JSxk49.png?1