Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about player created worlds

I just started playing in March of this year and I am very interested in trying the Legacy challenge. There are legacy islands available on the exchange which look amazing. My question is, if I'm missing an expansion or stuff pack that is built into the world, will it still run properly? I'm under the impression that missing items will be replaced with something similar or just not at all. Just want to check with others to see if it still works.

Comments

• Options
    FuzzySlipers45FuzzySlipers45 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited July 2014
    If it's a stuff pack, chances are you'll be fine, but with expansion packs you run the risk of it crashing. Some people have no problems, others have nothing but problems.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited July 2014
    I tried installing half a dozen worlds or so a few months ago. Quite a few required EPs I didn't have (mainly Pets). Some loaded up fine and a few lots missing, others wouldn't load up at all. I don't remember my game crashing.

One of those I customized, replaced the one missing lot, edited almost every lot in the world, and eventually moved in sims. Seems to be doing alright, but I haven't played long in that world.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    AmoaraAmoara Posts: 106 Member
    edited July 2014
    Totally forgot I can edit it if needed :oops: hehe. Thank you for the input. Sounds like it's worth a try :)
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi :D

Hopefully you have the bridges needed... It might cause a few problems if the Sims can't swim around. :)

Most of the time there will be problems depending on the expansions or how many expansions are missing. I've tried (forgotten I didn't have them all installed) and they didn't install at all. :)
  • Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited July 2014
    For a legacy world, RfLong has a few that are wonderful! I had all of them before my pc got infected and I had to reformat. I should really stroll over there and snag them again when I start really playing ts3 again. I highly recommend them. 8)
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Rflong7's worlds are the ones I'm trying :) Going to start with legacy II. I am missing WA and showtime though, so we'll give it a go and see what happens. Worst case, I wait 2 weeks so I can get the expansions I need because those worlds by RfLong really are kinda perfect ;)
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited July 2014
    The world I mentioned above is actually Rflong7's Bellatrix. I don't have Pets or Showtime but it installed and loaded up. I went in and looked at and tweaked every lot, and bulldozed one (maybe the equestrian center?). Anyways, so far so good. I did wait until I bought Lunar Lakes for that one though.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited July 2014
    I've got a long lasting game in a custom world called Winfield and it's the town legacy challenge game I started while I was testing the world out.It's very easy to edit the town to suit because it has no lots when a new game is started there though it will require both the base game and World Adventures.It won't need anything else except for Riverview content and I have a great deal more than that and had almost as much when I was making it in CAW.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Great news! It's working fabulously :) The only issue I've come across so far is that I can not queue up actions while my sim is in transit. It forces her to get out of the taxi or whatever transportation she's using and she seems to get stuck on the sidewalk. I think that is a game issue though, not related to the world. Other than that, it's great! Thank you so much.
  • Options
    FuzzySlipers45FuzzySlipers45 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited July 2014
    Glad it's working! :mrgreen: