Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How's everyone enjoying their Sims 2?

:) Is everyone enjoying their game?

I finally got my college students Jeffery and Roxanne engaged. I am just now letting them study until the term is done (still in freshman year).

Comments

• Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm loving it. I started a new legacy family and my generation 2 son just finished college and married his sweetheart from there. She did not graduate, but seems ok with that.
  • Options
    RedDestiny9RedDestiny9 Posts: 202 New Member
    edited July 2014
    It's just the best, I heard some had trouble installing it and I wasn't even sure I would get it to work. There is way too much to check on that I missed out on. :)
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited July 2014
    I quite like it.

I like the interactions of TS2 - the deeper gameplay, but I would like it all in open-world.

I couldn't find a way to lengthen their life-stages, like in TS3 - so I just freeze time every so often to play the game fully, enjoy all the interactions - then unfreeze time.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited July 2014
    plopppo wrote:
    I couldn't find a way to lengthen their life-stages, like in TS3 - so I just freeze time every so often to play the game fully, enjoy all the interactions - then unfreeze time.

You can't without a mod.

And the mod only takes affect after an age transition or creation.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I do it myself - I just track the second value of the clock - find the variable and then just keep writing it to 0. So, the game plays out as normal, but time is frozen.

I often do this in the morning before the Sims work/school, to play for as long as I like, then unfreeze time. Also at night, just to do all the things I want my Sims to do, then unfreeze time again and they can wind down for bedtime.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    If you have an idea of what your ideal lifespan is, I'd be glad to find the mod and adjust it (I've got the technology :P).

70 days seems to be the baseline life expectancy in Sims.

Anything too different from the point that adults become elders already will affect any mod that determines fertility by the number of days old a Sim is. ACR is one of them.

This goes for anyone. The mod itself is found here: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Aging.htm

Also on that page is a little shrub whose purpose it is to let you know how long your elder has left.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Well, with my way I technically lengthen a second in their time to days/weeks/months, until I am ready to let them get a day older.

So, I can freeze time at 18:00 Sims 2 time - then sit at my computer and play for 8 real-life hours - do everything in game, skill them up with tons of stuff - go to lots of different places in town - all with time frozen.

I save an 8 hour game-play session, then play the game the next day and re-freeze time - so could play another 8 hours real-time and my Sims would be still living and breathing in a world where time is frozen, but they can still do everything.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Ah, you more want a mod more like Twallan's Relativity.

Unfortunately, I don't think I've seen a mod for that one in Sims 2.
  • Options
    take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited July 2014
    college in TS2 is TOUGH! omg you basically have to study, write your report and assignment do your midterm and that's it. i moved into the sorority house and every single sim except mine was kicked out of college. and that was with me doing my best to keep all their grades up and moods filled.

unless you cheat with the testing cheats enabled thing..i don't see how its possible. :XD:
    DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Yeh, I use Relativity for TS3.

Which reminds me to try my idea of simply freezing time. I'm sure it will work exactly the same way as with TS2 - it doesn't affect animations, etc - because I am not slowing time, I simply stop it.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    college in TS2 is TOUGH! omg you basically have to study, write your report and assignment do your midterm and that's it. i moved into the sorority house and every single sim except mine was kicked out of college. and that was with me doing my best to keep all their grades up and moods filled.

unless you cheat with the testing cheats enabled thing..i don't see how its possible.
    I've yet to try college; however, I have a sneaky feeling that freezing time will pay dividends here. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    take0nme wrote:

unless you cheat with the testing cheats enabled thing..i don't see how its possible. :XD:

Set the college's seasons to all fall.

Term paper done in 1.5 hours vs 3 hours. Fills up 2/3 of their progress bar when it's fully open.

Going to class once gives the other 1/2.
  • Options
    take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited July 2014
    Seera1024 wrote:
    take0nme wrote:

Set the college's seasons to all fall.

Term paper done in 1.5 hours vs 3 hours. Fills up 2/3 of their progress bar when it's fully open.

Going to class once gives the other 1/2.

thank you! i had to not save my progress because that's just nuts. all the girls were gone. how do i adjust college season? though? i feel like a noobie with Ts2 all over agian!
    DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited July 2014
    take0nme wrote:

You don't have to do all that. Before your kid goes to college, try to get four levels of each skill unless you know exactly what you want them to major in. In that case, you can search around and see which skills they need for your degree and do that before they go. term papers are not required. Do a couple of assignments and go to class. That's all I do. I'm currently playing Dustin Broke in uni now. He started with very minimal skills, so I do work on those. Still, he has time to romance a girl in his dorm, go out to the gym, work as a barista and still comes in with top honors.

I wouldn't worry about sororities or fraternities. That's an extreme challenge. Unless you plan to play them all after graduation. I did at one time take the Pleasant sisters, Dirk, and Dustin Broke and move them in together and had them all become friends and graduate with honors. They still had time for play. Not a lot, but they did.

I didn't use any cheats, didn't change seasons, though I like the seasons idea.

To do this, you can't take your eyes off them for a minute. But it is doable.