Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4: Hot Mess

The Sims 4 has a great concept behind it. All I've heard even from Gurus is that some things had to be removed to improve the game play, which is ok, but come on really?

I sometimes feel like the release date is becoming more important than the game itself. I understand some stuff has to change all games come with disadvantages, but right now it just feels like they are trying to finish the game ASAP even if it means that the final product will be mediocre. :cry::cry:

I don't hate the game like I still love a lot of the new features! I mean CAS does look great! The genetics did improve! It just needs more time :/ It's a shame that so much work is kind of being ignored because of a couple of big things that are still missing.

I don't want to turn this into a hater thing, because like I said i do LOVE some stuff but the game is not being as good as it could be with a bit of more time.

Comments

• Options
    pandabearroxpandabearrox Posts: 2,295 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hot Mess: Emotions edition.

• Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    I sometimes feel like the release date is becoming more important than the game itself.

No bigger truth has been written tonight.

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IS HAPPENING!
  • Options
    ClaudiaElzoClaudiaElzo Posts: 1,120 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Lol xD I love the emotions! But its not enough to replace toddlers or basic things like pool! It cant be the only thing!!!!
  • Options
    DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    edited June 2014
    It really is a shame that things have been taken out, especially the things that have been there for such a long time.
    I think there is a lot that will make the game good, and I think a lot of people will still play it, but right now people just don't know what to think. Every week it's "Oh, this has been taken out BUT LOOK AT THE EMOTIONS." How much is being sacrificed for these emotions?
    I think that the creators are also forgetting about the people who DON'T play the game for the actual gameplay. That may sound silly, but there are many people who prefer to build over anything else, and leaving pools out of the base game will probably cause issues for them.
    I do think the game will be good. Unfortunately, though...probably just that. Good. I don't think there will be anything really revolutionary in this entry of the series. But hey, I have not played it...maybe I am wrong!
    We'll just have to wait and see.
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited June 2014
    At this point I believe nothing they say. They backpedal, say this is in then its out 2 months before hand. They need to prove whats even in the game at this point. Their words are meaningless at this point. Why should we believe them. All that was originally supposed to be in the base game is getting butchered out so they can rush it to the shelves. :roll:
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    ClaudiaElzoClaudiaElzo Posts: 1,120 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Just got really mixed feelings about this game. It's just messy to even think how toddlers are gonna come back to the game and how on earth are we gonna get pools again... EP? SP? Overprized store item?