Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Error code 12

i almost always get this while saving, but only on this computer, not on the other 2 computers i play on, its really annoying, does anyone have an explanation or soloution? :!: :!:

Comments

• Options
    Trish1966Trish1966 Posts: 1,010 Member
    edited June 2014
    How much RAM do you have on your computer? 4GB of RAM is the minimum requirement. 8GB of RAM is better. Error code 12 is a memory error and it's a royal pain in the neck. Also, have you adjusted your DEP settings on that computer? If not, you can Google it and it will tell you how to do it properly. I'm not sure what else to tell you to try. Whenever I save, about 97% of the time, I pause my game and save it while I'm on map view. I also try to save often so I don't lose too much gameplay. Good luck to you!
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2014
    Try the solutions listed here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/error-save-errors-error-12-13-or-16.html

If you have no luck with them, you could post your dxdiag here for someone to look over.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    horseyhazelhorseyhazel Posts: 13
    edited June 2014
    ok, thanks for the info, i will try it soon
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited June 2014
    Not just physical RAM but VRAM (virtual RAM/memory). The two are tied to each other somewhat it just depends on your rig.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thanks, im not really that smart with computers, where do i find how much ram i have?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    never mind, i found this video and it worked for me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4hlmtvilaI
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited June 2014
    If you're running Windows, all you have to do is the below.

Hit Windows Key + R to open the RUN box. Type in dxdiag and let it run (run in 64-bit if you have a 64-bit rig). Save the information as a text file to your desktop. Then cut/paste the information from the text file into a post here.

Note: If you're running Win 8 or 8.1, the report is too big to put in one post. You will have to post half in one post and the 2nd half in another.

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).