Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simstivus for the Rest of Us - a winter wonderland lot, and Santa!

Merry
Christmas, happy Snowflake Day, merry Simsmas, and happy Holidays everyone!

The pictures below are of “Simstivus for the Rest of Us,” a hangout lot I designed after being inspired by this Winter Wonderland contest by leep45508, http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/717254.page. I couldn’t finish in time to enter the contest but really enjoyed making it.

Simstivus (Can you find the hidden Simstivus pole?) can be downloaded here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7869516.

I also made Santa Claus and his helpful elf twins, Clarence and Felix to test the world and take photos. They can be downloaded here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7869519.

No custom content in the lot or the Sims; tested with Custard. Tons of expansion pack and store content.

Screenshot-104_zps3825c795.jpg

Screenshot-119_zpsa6ecf3ba.jpg

The Tannenbaum Arcade
Screenshot-101_zps16da9503.jpg

Screenshot-9_zps109ea1c0.jpg

Screenshot-25_zps568f4e02.jpg

Screenshot-22_zps4b451f32.jpg

Screenshot-27_zpsd94527be.jpg

Screenshot-33_zpse9f8b46d.jpg

Screenshot-30_zpsd3902ca0.jpg

Comments

• Options
    FleeraFleera Posts: 313 Member
    edited December 2013
    The Candy Café
    Screenshot-103_zpsbb6dcd83.jpg

Screenshot-82_zps29fa2c10.jpg

Screenshot-83_zps5d2a02d5.jpg

Screenshot-18_zpse27f815c.jpg

Screenshot-146_zps7ebf759a.jpg

Screenshot-147_zps685628c3.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2013
    The Gift Shoppe
    Screenshot-3_zpsdd952b5f.jpg

Screenshot-2_zps95fb316f.jpg

Screenshot_zps2d7156bc.jpg

37_zps76cb412b.jpg

Screenshot-106_zpsdbef427b.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Santa’s Cottage
    Screenshot-114_zps048679de.jpg

Here comes Santa Claus!
    Screenshot-90_zpsdef17a97.jpg

Screenshot-96_zpsff31e8d2.jpg

Screenshot-98_zps1c932e52.jpg

For winter weddings
    Screenshot-113_zps3581d69e.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Santa and his elves…
    Screenshot-137_zpsad091d4a.jpg

Screenshot-130_zps5bbc4526.jpg

Screenshot-134_zps4cb6aa7f.jpg

Iceskating on the pond
    Screenshot-144_zpsbbcdff2e.jpg

Screenshot-141_zps819093fc.jpg

Visions of Sugarplums?
    Sugarplums_zps405e4eac.jpg

Happy Simming!!!
  • Options
    nonyabizznazznonyabizznazz Posts: 693 Member
    edited December 2013
    WOW this is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I love everything... EVERYTHING!
  • Options
    JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited December 2013
    This is SO awesome! Its a shame you didnt get to submit it, but Im glad you finished it anyway :)

~EDIT~ Both of your download links give me the "Error 404: Page Not Found", just so you know.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,704 Member
    edited December 2013
    Your lot and the Christmas sims are very nice! :) It looks great how you done the buildings in the shapes of a Christmas tree, presents, and a candy sweet! It looks very nice! It looks nice how you have done the bow and wrapping on the top and sides of the present. Nice overhead photo of the lot at night time . It looks great how you have done the Christmas tree building exterior. Nice shade of green and wall panelling that you have used. It looks great how you have done the fenced levels and lights. The bow garlands on the exterior look nice. Great to have the plumbob star on the top. Sims will have fun playing the arcade games and darts inside the building. The red flooring and the pattern on the wall looks great. Santa looks like he is enjoying being in the plasmapunch conductor! Great festive recolouring of the arcade machines and other furnishings. The candy café looks great! Great exterior of the building! The floor tiling at the front entrance to the building looks great and great to have the candy coloured seat outdoors for sims to enjoy eating outdoors too. Great furnishing of the interior of the café. Sims will like buying a snack from the barista bar. The wreaths on the wall behind the counter look festive and nice. Great floor pattern. It looks great how you have done the barista bar area using the fencing. The ice cream stage props look great . Sims will enjoy having food from the chocolate fountain. Great to have the coffee machine and snowcone machine in the café. It looks great how you have set up the displays of toys to buy in the gift shop. The green coloured shelves/counters/tables and the red of the walls look very festive. The nook area where all the teddies and other toys are sitting together looks cute! It looks great how you have placed a red doll toy and a green doll toy either side of the door. Great entrance door to Santa's cottage. It looks great how you have done the barrier roped pathway and steps to the cottage. The red carpet aisleway both outdoors and inside looks great. Santa's golden throne looks great. Child sims will like coming to see Santa there! It looks nice how you have set up the wedding area with the seats for guests to sit and watch the wedding.. It looks nice how you have recoloured the seats blue to suit a winter wedding. The balloons near the arch look great, and the tree lights look pretty in Wintertime. Great creating of Santa sim and his elves! Great photos that you have taken of them in the various areas of your lot! Great design of and furnishing of the buildings of your lot!
    It is a great Winter wonderland lot! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Wow, thanks everyone! I'm so glad you like it! Hooray! :D

JBAG521, thank you so much for telling me about the links. I evidently forgot to make sure to use the URL around the link. Whoops...

Rosemow, thank you for the lovely review! You are always so thoughtful!
  • Options
    PolysporinPolysporin Posts: 945 Member
    edited December 2013
    So cute, Love how you did the buildings, my favorite is the christmas tree one. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Thank you, Polysporin! That building started the whole style of the lot.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited December 2013
    Cute build! Such a lovely winterland! Love the way you have decorated. Recommended. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Thanks, Yanti68! A recommendation, even!