Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aspen & Rose: Two Sisters, Ten Generations, A Hundred Descendants

Aspen & Rose: Two Sisters, Ten Generations, A Hundred Descendants

This is an adaptation of the “100 Baby” challenge.

In the beginning there will be two sisters, Aspen and Rose.

Each sister will have five babies, for a total of ten children in generation one.

Then for the second generation, two children – one from each sister, so cousins – will be selected as heir to continue the line, with each of them again having five children.

This will repeat for ten generations, making a total of 100 descendants for the sisters. The children will take their surname from their own matriarch’s name (Aspen or Rose) and they will all be raised under the same roof.

The sim’s partners will be chosen by readers. If there are multiple partners suggested, I’ll take them all and create a new sim in CAS using genetic material from everyone. The heir will also be chosen by readers. This is so that there is a wide variety of genetics, instead of always being geared toward my own preferences.

In addition to the human sims, there will also be dog and horse lineages. The two sisters will have a dog and a horse to begin with. They will be bred, and a single puppy and a single foal will then be chosen as heir to the next generation along with the human sims. However, the dog and horse cannot have their litters until the tenth and final child of the current generation has already aged up to the teenager stage. Once again, readers choose the mates and heirs.

RULES that I must follow:

1. Aging will be on “Normal” setting.

2. Babies of each generation may either have a single father/mother, or many. Depends on how the story plays out. They all must be born in-game as well – no adoptions.

3. Readers choose the mate. If multiple sims are suggested, they will be combined into one individual via CAS. If NO partners are suggested within 24 hours of a request, I'll either: pick that day's four most downloaded sims from the Exchange and blend them; or pair the heir up with a townie.

4. Heir may be female or male, doesn’t matter. Readers choose who the heir will be.

5. Children must be taught all the necessary skills – walking, talking, potty trained, driver’s ed, etc.

6. Children born in-game cannot have their genetics edited in CAS. However, I reserve the right to adjust the puppies and foals in CAS, since the animal genetics are awful.

7. NO MONEY OR MOTIVE CHEATS OF ANY KIND ALLOWED. If an heir dies before the necessary number of children are born, the following heir must make up the difference. I.e., if the heir dies after only having three kids, her/his daughter or son must have seven children instead of five.

8. Sims CANNOT have an outside full-time job. Only one sim in the household may hold a part-time job. Income is otherwise acquired through growing crops, producing wine, collecting wild resources, writing books, etc. This will basically be a farming household.

9. Each generation will add to the landscaping of the yard, be it through a garden, vineyard, whatever. Most importantly I want a family cemetery large enough to eventually contain the graves of Aspen, Rose, and their 100 descendants. I also hope to acquire every variety of plant for the family’s garden. This will mean traveling abroad in some cases, which will require the family to save up quite a bit of money.

10. Puppies and foals may only be born after the tenth and final child of the current generation has become a teenager.

Comments

• Options
    WasatchWasatch Posts: 27 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Once upon a time, there were two people in love: Casey and Bethany Norwood.

BethanyandCaseyNorwoodsmall_zps8fd0710b.jpg

Their love produced two daughters, Aspen and Rose.

Generation0_zps603728e7.jpg
    [From left to right: Aspen, Rose, Casey, and Bethany. The two dogs are Piper and Chauncey.]

Aspen and Rose are as close as sisters ever can be – yet the two girls looked so unlike one another that people rarely realize that they actually related. Aspen and Rose truly are best friends, and the world treats them as such.

AspenPortraitsmall_zps19c749ee.jpg

Aspen, the eldest, is a nature-loving vegetarian who’s clumsy in that endearing sort of way. She loves to collect things, especially wine, and dreams of owning her own vineyard.

Her little sister Rose is sweet-hearted and spineless – she’s terrified of virtually everything – and yet she secretly longs for adventure in her life and hopes to one day travel the world. She also wants a very large family.

RosePortraitsmall_zps8cc2e238.jpg

Once the girls had grown up, their parents Casey and Bethany decided to move into a smaller retirement house, leaving the family home to their daughters. Aspen and Rose have no desire to move out, and so they have chosen to live their lives together under the same roof.

They have also inherited a dog, Sophie, and a horse named Dandelion. Sophie is the daughter of their parents’ dogs, Piper and Chauncey, whereas Dandelion was adopted.

Bellatrix2_zps16b7742f.jpg
    Sophiesmall_zps802f03c5.jpg

The house has been re-sided, the furniture restored, all the surfaces scrubbed clean, and now all the women need are their very own families to fill up the empty beds. Aspen and Rose are ready to meet their one true loves! (Or even just a satisfying one-night stand.) They have both subscribed to the Sims 3 Forum Dating Service, their profiles are uploaded, and they now eagerly await some compatible results!

House1_zpsead08532.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    PARTNER REQUESTS:

None right now!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    CHAPTER ONE

Moonlight Falls is a beautiful place. It really is. But it has one fatal flaw: their nectar selection is pitiful. Seriously pitiful.

To most sims, this wouldn't be that big of a deal. Nectar is nectar, right? But to Aspen, this was catastrophic. She lived for nectar, she BREATHED for nectar. How could she survive on common grape grocery store nectar FOREVER?! And how could she ever fill that beautiful cellar she'd begged and begged her father to build?

There was only one sensible solution.

"Rose," Aspen announced abruptly one early morning. "I need to go to France!"

Story1part1_zps0e1988c9.jpg

Rose, who had just finished her breakfast, looked up at her sister with astonishment.

Story1part2_zps16464105.jpg

"France?" she repeated, puzzled. "Um...where are you going to get the money to go to France?"

"Money? Who cares about money?!" Aspen exclaimed. "It's France! Besides, I've already booked the flight, and I'm leaving in a few hours. I'll be gone for about a week, and I just thought you ought to know!"

Story1part3_zps3c5cfa06.jpg

"Oookay," Rose said hesitantly. There was no use arguing with Aspen once she got her mind set on things -- it only ever served to make her more determined. Rose got up from the table and with a shudder, thought about their dwindling bank account.

Story1part4_zps7d46b988.jpg

Could she trust Aspen to not completely demolish their savings? Rose knew all too well of Aspen's obsession with good quality nectar... With a thrill of foreboding, Rose wondered if Aspen would be capable of exercising any restraint whilst surrounded by the world's very best supply of the stuff.

Story1part5_zps4d4af8e4.jpg

If she couldn't...well, that could be very bad news for their household. Neither of them had jobs, after all. And their little farm was barely surviving as it was. Any reasonable sim would know that this wasn't the right time for travel and exorbitant spending. But Aspen wasn't thinking about any of that. She had room for only two thoughts in her mind at that moment, and neither of them concerned frugality.

Story1part6_zpsc5296ed9.jpg

FRANCE! NECTAR!!! And FRANCE!!! AND NECTAR!!!!!

Rose was quite right to worry.

If love could ever be turned into a physical place, it would be called France. Aspen became certain of this during her first day there, as she rode her bike through all the rolling hills and fragrant vineyards.

Story1part7_zps38351fe4.jpg

Being in town only magnified this impression.

"I LOVE YOU, O BEAUTIFUL FRANCE!" she unabashedly proclaimed, as she pranced through the country's streets and parks.

Story1part8_zpse55ccc76.jpg

"I love you too, French people!" she quickly added, gazing adoringly at the random woman sitting beside the park path.

Story1part9_zps422c1fce.jpg

Finding ways to spend her days there was a cinch.

She enjoyed all the delectable drink and food in the cafes.

Story1part10_zps21feadcf.jpg

She explored the magnificent art galleries and museums.

Story1part11_zpsd88712c8.jpg

She harvested all the specialty varieties of grape she could find.

Story1part12_zps25947034.jpg

And of course...she drank nectar.

Lots of nectar.

Story1pt13_zps0c88be1a.jpg

Lots and LOTS of nectar.

Story1pt14_zpsbdb984c0.jpg

Story1pt15_zps33efd0a6.jpg

What can she say, she loves nectar.

(She also bought as much of it as she could possibly hide in her hotel room.)

Story1pt16_zps821efd87.jpg

Even with all of this richness, there was one last surprise in store for her.

On her very last evening in France, she found...love. Or at least, a brief loving embrace.

His name was Jean Luc Beaumont. He was standing outside the cafe, and he was singing the most beautiful French song Aspen had ever heard. It was, quite fittingly, about love.

Story1pt17_zps8e253533.jpg

He wasn't the most attractive man on the planet...but Aspen was simply enchanted by his voice. So velvety, so deep. He taught her all the words, and she sang the song back for him.

Story1pt18_zps0d2d3259.jpg

She must have done well, because he then invited her back to his place for some more "rehearsal." At least, she thinks that's what he said. Her French is a little rusty.

Story1pt20_zps2b630510.jpg

Jean Luc's home was large and roomy. He led Aspen into the kitchen, where he serenaded her again.

Story1pt22_zpsfd6bc452.jpg

As his very French voice filled her ears, a sudden passion exploded in Aspen's chest. She couldn't help it -- she grabbed him and smooched him before she realized she'd even done it.

Story1pt23_zps5158936f.jpg

Fortunately, he received it quite well. Before long they were upstairs in his bedroom.

Story1pt21_zps09f4ae38.jpg

Story1pt24_zps3432bc1c.jpg

Story1pt25_zpsc081146c.jpg

The WooHoo didn't last very long, but Aspen felt fulfilled all the same. It had been a wonderful end to her already wonderful vacation.

In the morning, Jean Luc sang to her again and then bid her farewell. It was time for her to return to Moonlight Falls.

Story1pt26_zpsdd9d1708.jpg

Sadly, Aspen didn't receive a very warm welcome back home.

"YOU BOUGHT 50 BOTTLES OF NECTAR?!?!? ARE YOU INSANE?!?!"

Story1pt27_zpsd6388bde.jpg

Rose was shouting so loud that the walls were shaking.

"We could have paid rent for MONTHS with that money!" she continued shrieking.

Story1pt28_zpsebbc5352.jpg

Aspen couldn't see what the big deal was.

"So? We can age the nectar and then sell it! We'll make more money in the end that way!"

But Rose only groaned.

Story1pt29_zps901d68fa.jpg

"Oh really?" she spat. "And just what are we supposed to pay the rent with until then? How are we going to afford groceries?"

"That's a bit dramatic," Aspen replied defensively. "We live on a farm. We're not going to starve."

"A failing farm, Aspen," Rose retorted. "Dad killed the orchard off, remember? We have almost no crops left. And zero income! HOW can you be so selfish?!"

Aspen had no response. She was too exhausted from being on an airplane all day and all she could think of was sleep.

"Let's fight tomorrow," she said dismissively. She then brushed past her sister and hurried upstairs to bed, leaving Rose seething with anger behind her.

Story1pt30_zpsa37f5992.jpg

Once she was in her bed, with her dog Sophie snuggled up next to her, Aspen could feel at ease again. Rose was just being dramatic. Wasn't she? She had to be. How could wonderful, delicious nectar ever cause problems for them?

But with a twinge of guilt, Aspen admitted to herself that perhaps she had gone a teensy bit overboard on her purchases.

Nevertheless, if they WERE in financial trouble, at least it was just the two of them they had to worry about. And Aspen was suddenly grateful that neither of them had children.

And with that reassuring thought, she fell into a deep sleep.

That is, until about 3 a.m.

Story1pt31_zps8d0839e5.jpg

It was then that she was suddenly woken up by horrible nausea, so intense that she immediately leapt out of bed and ran for the bathroom.

Story1pt32_zpsf4236290.jpg

Aspen was completely baffled. Why was she so sick? It couldn't be food poisoning -- the only thing she'd had to eat that day were stale peanuts during the flight home.

And then she remembered...the night she spent with Jean Luc. It had been so spontaneous, they had completely forgotten to use protection.

Could she be...?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Okay, that's Aspen's first baby taken care of. ^_^ Now Rose is going to need a partner! Any ideas? Since the game is set on normal aging, they're pretty much going to need to have babies back-to-back lol.
  • Options
    meghanundeadmeghanundead Posts: 885 New Member
    edited December 2013
    "Money? Who cares about money?!" Aspen exclaimed. "It's France!"
    I busted out laughing.
    That's totally something my sister would say :roll:

I loved your start :D
    May I suggest Tyler Nix, my werewolf Sim from my 100 BC? (You can change him however you'd like)
    May I also suggest that you peruse people's studios on the 100 bc mama hangout thread ;) Just suggestions for people with gorgeous Sims!
    ~ Best of luck!
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    edited December 2013
    Intriguing adaptation, a kind of shared 10 x 10 legacy. Your variation has a great deal of potential for story-telling, and you write very well. :)

I'm totally empathizing with Rose right now, and Aspen is kind of making me crazy with her spendthrift ways, haha. I'm curious to see more of Rose's personality and perspective of things as well.

Lol, nectar-baby on the way! :XD: Aspen better get to planting those specialty grapes she harvested in France and start making some simoleons!

Great start! :D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    May I suggest Tyler Nix, my werewolf Sim from my 100 BC? (You can change him however you'd like)

He looks great, thank you! :D
    May I also suggest that you peruse people's studios on the 100 bc mama hangout thread ;) Just suggestions for people with gorgeous Sims!
    ~ Best of luck!

Thanks :) However, I'm worried that if I depend on my own choices for sims, I'll end up with 100 clone babies. That would get boring very quickly. That's why I prefer others to select the partner(s), to mix things up and keep things interesting.

starguru wrote:
    Intriguing adaptation, a kind of shared 10 x 10 legacy. Your variation has a great deal of potential for story-telling, and you write very well. :)

I'm totally empathizing with Rose right now, and Aspen is kind of making me crazy with her spendthrift ways, haha. I'm curious to see more of Rose's personality and perspective of things as well.

Lol, nectar-baby on the way! :XD: Aspen better get to planting those specialty grapes she harvested in France and start making some simoleons!

Great start! :D

:D Thank you! I hope to explore Rose's character more soon. She's a much more serious person than Aspen, she carries more responsibility on her shoulders, so it'll be more of a challenge to get her to choose parenthood at this point in her life.
  • Options
    sammymcgoffsammymcgoff Posts: 1,358 New Member
    edited December 2013
    May I suggest Tim Best, who was born in one of my failed 100 Baby Challenges? Here's the link.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7455723
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    May I suggest Tim Best, who was born in one of my failed 100 Baby Challenges? Here's the link.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7455723

Awesome, thank you! :D:D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Okay, I've blended Tyler Nix's and Tim Best's DNA and I am very pleased with the result! Rose's future partner retains features from both of his fathers but he also looks like an individual of his own. I've not altered his genetics and he will keep the traits he was "born" with.

Introducing:

Charlie Flynn!

CharlieFlynn_zps1c982488.jpg

His Traits: Bookworm, Clumsy, Excitable, Overemotional, Snob

He'll appear in the story soon. But first Aspen's baby needs to be born. ^_^ Thank you meghanundead and sammymcgoff for your sims!