May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looks like an inside job...

Just thought i'd mention that one of the gurus has been price tampering to let their friends get sims content for crazy cheap, then removing their purchase from the system and resetting the price.

Comments

• Options
    Only1whtrbbtOnly1whtrbbt Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited November 2013
    I like how you back up your statement with hard facts and proof...
  • Options
    PutowtinPutowtin Posts: 559 Member
    edited November 2013
    Don't feed the troll people, reported.

Oh and your signature is really offensive and distressing to those that have had to live with cancer.
  • Options
    rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited November 2013
    Keltboy wrote:
    Just thought i'd mention that one of the gurus has been price tampering to let their friends get sims content for crazy cheap, then removing their purchase from the system and resetting the price.

:hunf: :thumbdown:
    edit to add the humph and thumbsdown is for the op for posting such a thing and i agree with Putowtin
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    acidsugar112acidsugar112 Posts: 733 Member
    edited November 2013
    I like how you back up your statement with hard facts and proof...

LOL! :thumbup:

the_joker_illustration-t2.jpg
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited November 2013
    And when we get employee discount at my brothers restaurant? Or when I worked at blockbuster 10 years ago and watched movie pre official release date with friends? Or paid no bank fees when I worked in the bank? Jobs have perks, digital goods are not tangible and well doesn't give an unfair strategic advantage like in competitive player vs player games, if this was true a and Someone was on the team that created such said digital good for the store I do not see any issue at their friends/family get a big discount. But that is in my opinion.
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited November 2013
    I believe it. I was in Oasis Landing and my Sim put his iPad down while he went to get a snack and Emit came over, picked it up, started using it (probably using his minutes up) and then put it in his inventory and walked off with it.

Thieving Sims... :D
  • Options
    pkboopkboo Posts: 218 Member
    edited November 2013
    Chimark wrote:
    I believe it. I was in Oasis Landing and my Sim put his iPad down while he went to get a snack and Emit came over, picked it up, started using it (probably using his minutes up) and then put it in his inventory and walked off with it.

Thieving Sims... :D

Emit does have the Klepto trait. Had one of my sims chat him up since was thinking of having her marry him but turns out cant do romantic stuff with him so found someone else for her.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,931 Member
    edited November 2013
    I've seen him doing romantic stuff withe NPCs. Shame about the klepto trait though. I just find Emit difficult to catch up with as one of my sims needs to befriend him. I decided to do that later in the game. Or not at all.
  • Options
    KeltboyKeltboy Posts: 111 New Member
    edited November 2013
    ok...
    1) I thought this would be something serious. If I was to say I hacked the store, i'd probably get banned. (of course, gurus get away with it, but that's another story)
    2) I couldn't give a **** if my sig offends you. It's my signature, i'll stick whatever I please in there. Besides, It was really hard to condense my 2 paragraph signature on comparing the sims to a form of cancer into barely 1 line.
    3) How does ITF tie into this?
  • Options
    GoddessHekateGoddessHekate Posts: 1,517 Member
    edited November 2013
    Keltboy wrote:
    ok...
    1) I thought this would be something serious. If I was to say I hacked the store, i'd probably get banned. (of course, gurus get away with it, but that's another story)
    2) I couldn't give a **** if my sig offends you. It's my signature, i'll stick whatever I please in there. Besides, It was really hard to condense my 2 paragraph signature on comparing the sims to a form of cancer into barely 1 line.
    3) How does ITF tie into this?

1. You'd be getting a different reaction if you said a Guru was temporarily raising simpoints to see which people would buy it and then lowering it. Something that would actually cost people money. And maybe if you had proof because some people like to just come in and be trolls.
    2. "Besides, It was really hard to condense my 2 paragraph signature on comparing the sims to a form of cancer into barely 1 line." That made me laugh. I'm not being sarcastic. Cheeky comments are funny.
    3. It doesn't except that lowering simpoints would be like robbing the store sort of. Which reminded some people of kleptos in the game.
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited November 2013
    1. You'd be getting a different reaction if you said a Guru was temporarily raising simpoints to see which people would buy it and then lowering it. Something that would actually cost people money. And maybe if you had proof because some people like to just come in and be trolls.

I agree, because this forum does get its share of trolls as well as people who pull nonsense out of thin air and try to convince everyone it is fact.

From the information the OP supplied, it is hard to take this serious, and I have never seen evidence of dishonesty by any of the gurus, or any price fluctuations that could not be explained as simple human error. I'm inclined to file this thread along side all the other 'EA is the devil' threads until proven otherwise.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited November 2013
    Keltboy wrote:

1. "If" a guru did that, and "if" it is against the rules, they will be found out and punished. It's too hard to cover digital tracks; there will be a record of it, and an "inside" job will be dealt with internally -- in which case, it's none of our concern.

2. If it's not against the rules -- then it's none of our concern.

As far as I can tell, this is none of our concern....
  • Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited November 2013
    This thread offends me. Our Gurus work hard for us. You made a statement that you can't or won't back up. Prove it, or retract it. Next time, keep it to yourself.
  • Options
    MSladyTSOMSladyTSO Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited November 2013
    This thread offends me. Our Gurus work hard for us. You made a statement that you can't or won't back up. Prove it, or retract it. Next time, keep it to yourself.

Exactly.
  • Options
    Gramz777Gramz777 Posts: 111 Member
    edited November 2013
    This is something that should be taken up with the company, not the forum..use some common sense :arrow: :idea:.... :hunf: