The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

stopped aging in the present since traveling to the future?

So, I had my Sim's entire family travel to the future, and when they returned to the present I noticed that on a Sim's birthday they never aged up, and then I noticed three or so sim days had passed since their birthday and they still hadn't done so, which made me notice NOBODY's age meter was rising... in the present, that is.

They went to the future... and lo and behold, their age advanced. Went back to the present... stopped. Went back to the future... yup, they aged. :?

Anyone else with this problem? Solution?

Don't get me wrong, my family spends most of their time in the future, but when I want them to go home for a little while I'd like them to age normally.

Comments

• Options
    StephenTMStephenTM Posts: 908 Member
    edited November 2013
    So I'm the only one? :?
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,613 Member
    edited November 2013
    I haven't played with it that much yet, but here's a free bump :D
  • Options
    Morgan1979Morgan1979 Posts: 8
    edited November 2013
    I noticed that on my game the extra years added by life fruits didn’t seem to carry across to the future.
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited November 2013
    When you go into the future you age in the future, however Sims in your base world do not age. So you could grow old in the future while any family you left behind would not age a day.
  • Options
    StephenTMStephenTM Posts: 908 Member
    edited November 2013
    Bronwin2 wrote:
    When you go into the future you age in the future, however Sims in your base world do not age. So you could grow old in the future while any family you left behind would not age a day.
    I know that...

... That's not the problem I'm describing, though.
  • Options
    AngelSpice4121AngelSpice4121 Posts: 8
    edited November 2013
    I've had it happen multiple times. I have to save the game and restart it once they're home and they start aging again.
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited November 2013
    After installing this expansion my sims came home from University with Aging Up: Never. No need for the Age Freeze LTR or the potion from the Chem Set.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    JonBBoy84JonBBoy84 Posts: 5
    edited November 2013
    StephenTM wrote:
    So, I had my Sim's entire family travel to the future, and when they returned to the present I noticed that on a Sim's birthday they never aged up, and then I noticed three or so sim days had passed since their birthday and they still hadn't done so, which made me notice NOBODY's age meter was rising... in the present, that is.

They went to the future... and lo and behold, their age advanced. Went back to the present... stopped. Went back to the future... yup, they aged. :?

Anyone else with this problem? Solution?

Don't get me wrong, my family spends most of their time in the future, but when I want them to go home for a little while I'd like them to age normally.

I have a same problem as you with that, I don't know the answer how to stop the aging in the present since traveling to the future, I am trying to found the answer myself.

Do you have nraas mods?