Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quick Question about Empty Lots!!

Why is it that every time I try to place a household from the family bin all of the empty lots disappear from the map and I cant click on them??? How do you move a family into an empty lot?? Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    giggler36giggler36 Posts: 838 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thats what I was going to ask... everytime you click on the family you wish to play the lots disapear and you need to place them with existing family's.

I searched the forum for this question but it came up with there could be a patch soon for this problem. I also am frustrated abit at this. (not by much cause I love the game) and have been playing it for hrs on end lol nearly got RSI from it :))
    h8U3C4c.png
  • Options
    kellan_xkellan_x Posts: 42 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I had this problem yesterday when i tried to move a newly created family onto an empty lot.

There is an easy way to get around it. Go into build/buy mode on the lot and build something. I'm assuming anything will work. I only put a couple of fences in. When i went back to the neighbourhood i could then select the lot.

Not as simple as a fix in a patch but it only takes a few seconds to do
  • Options
    carlosjuerocarlosjuero Posts: 172 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thats odd - I can move into empty lots no problem. Of course I turned off 'Lessons' - maybe it is putting you in tutorial mode even if you have done it before? Try turning off Lessons in the Options menu
  • Options
    hippie607hippie607 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i can move into empy lots but how do u place them into the neighbourhood? u cant place houses next to the road unless its in an empty lot but all my lots are taken :( how do i put more empty lots?
  • Options
    flameflash82flameflash82 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Have had the same issue on my Mac. I'll try the lessons checkbox tip since my wife has been able to build on empty lots.

Thanks.

Could this also be linked to running the game with story progression mode disabled? Wife has her's disabled and is able to build on empty lots.