The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Emit The Time Traveller

How do we actually even get a house if we go to the future and he already gives you his house first?? I really don't understand how we are supposed to get a house when there isn't even an option and I haven't heard anything either. Does somebody mind telling me how we buy a house in the Future do we have to freaking visit there first? if so that is disappointing.

Comments

• Options
    StephenTMStephenTM Posts: 908 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm not quite sure what you are asking.

From what I understand, the time traveler's house is kind of like a base camp, and you have the option to purchase a house should you choose to do so.

No idea whether you have to visit the future first, but it makes sense that you'd have to physically be in the future to purchase a home there - the future has not occurred in the present, so you cannot purchase a home from it, since it does not currently exist.
  • Options
    Simmerfreak44Simmerfreak44 Posts: 1,641 New Member
    edited October 2013
    StephenTM wrote:
    I'm not quite sure what you are asking.

From what I understand, the time traveler's house is kind of like a base camp, and you have the option to purchase a house should you choose to do so.

No idea whether you have to visit the future first, but it makes sense that you'd have to physically be in the future to purchase a home there - the future has not occurred in the present, so you cannot purchase a home from it, since it does not currently exist.

That's not what I meant if you read carefully, I meant can we go into the future from the edit town thing and then click on the future and buy a home from there or does it have to be activated
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited October 2013
    You could probably go into the future from Edit Town to edit it, just like you can University or any of the World Adventures worlds, but just like in World Adventures, you have to physically go to the world to actually buy property (except with Oasis Landing you won't need to wait till you're the right visa level, you can do it right away). It'll be tied to a specific game save like University and the WA worlds -- you can't just start a new game in Oasis Landing -- but there's no time limit to staying there; you can pop back and forth as much as you want between times. And you'll actually age in Oasis Landing while family and friends back home will be frozen in time, so you might want to pick up some Age Freeze or Young Again potions just to be on the safe side. 8)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited October 2013
    How do we actually even get a house if we go to the future and he already gives you his house first?? I really don't understand how we are supposed to get a house when there isn't even an option and I haven't heard anything either. Does somebody mind telling me how we buy a house in the Future do we have to freaking visit there first? if so that is disappointing.

Hmm yes.

Oasis landing is a sub-hood like World Adventures worlds and University from University life.

You can not start a new game there. You can start a game only in normal world, then travel to the future from that world.

After that you can live in Oasis Landing permanentley.

After you go there you can buy a house like in every other world.

But you will go first in Emit house. :wink:
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited October 2013
    What Greenya says. It works very similar to the WA worlds. The first time you get there you move into a hostel (in the case of Oasis Landing it's Emit's house) but then you can buy a vacation home (in Oasis Landing a permanent home) via computer or phone and the real estate menu.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    Jacek83218Jacek83218 Posts: 603 New Member
    edited October 2013
    He is Emit or Emmet?
  • Options
    Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited October 2013
    Jacek83218 wrote:
    He is Emit or Emmet?

Emit. His full name is Emit Rellevart. (Time Traveller backwards)
  • Options
    trek186trek186 Posts: 52
    edited October 2013
    Jacek83218 wrote:
    He is Emit or Emmet?

Great scott!
  • Options
    powerhousepowerhouse Posts: 931 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Jacek83218 wrote:
    He is Emit or Emmet?

That is really cool , i never even noticed that lol
  • Options
    jujudanijujudani Posts: 4
    edited October 2013
    I bought a house in Oasis Landing...
    You must be in the future to do it though! :wink:

▪️ Go to you iventory
    ▪️ Select your phone
    ▪️ Select Real Estate / Real Estate and Travel services (If you have world adventures, click real estate and travel services)
    ▪️ Select Purchase future home
    ▪️ Choose the lot you want to buy

And your Sim should go there immediately.

I have a question as well... Can we purchase multiple homes in Oasis Landing?
    Post edited by Unknown User on