Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question regarding the music career

Recently I read on here somewhere that you can use any instrument now towards the music career but when I make my sim take the job it still says guitar, my game is to the latest version of updates, any advice?♥

Comments

• Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited September 2013
    theres two ways to have the music career 1st is the base game rabbit hoe type and the second is when your sim go to town hall after gaining some skill with the instruments and becomes self employed and then forms a group with some simmie friend and then goes on giggs but you will need to have showtime for this
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,865 Member
    edited September 2013
    calmorezoo wrote:
    theres two ways to have the music career 1st is the base game rabbit hoe type and the second is when your sim go to town hall after gaining some skill with the instruments and becomes self employed and then forms a group with some simmie friend and then goes on giggs but you will need to have showtime for this

If you want to just be part of a Band which is a four-Sim band using a drum set, the bass, the piano (the electric, portable type) and a guitar, that came with Late Night. This is where you register to be a band. Gigs are supposed to come to your band after this. The system never really worked well and I simply gave up. Don't know if it's been fixed. Once Showtime came out and we could have an honest singer (which is what I wanted in the first place)I've never returned to the all-instrument band. As for whether or not your singer can elect to play other instruments on stage, I've not read that anywhere or even been offered, via the menu, the choice. Since Showtime came out I've always had a singer in my active family.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited September 2013
    Cauz wrote:
    Recently I read on here somewhere that you can use any instrument now towards the music career but when I make my sim take the job it still says guitar, my game is to the latest version of updates, any advice?♥

Any instrument? I doubt EA would allow it. Jetta is STILL waiting for her saxophone! :wink:

Playingontheswings_zps62dfec5a.jpg"size=640"
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    FearlessButterflyFearlessButterfly Posts: 336 Member
    edited September 2013
    That only works as far as i know if you have Twallan's careers and work tones mods.
  • Options
    CauzCauz Posts: 457 Member
    edited September 2013
    I just meant instruments already in game, my sim has maxed out the piano skill and shes done a art degree.. And I was so sure that I saw someone say that you can use any instrument to further in the career and it doesn't come up with guitar anymore after a recent patch but that isn't the case for me.

I suppose I'll look in to the mod then.

Thanks everyone♥