Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Recolorable Patterns Turn Black in Game

I am a newbie with CAP, but fairly handy with images in general, and I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong!

I'm trying to make a recolorable pattern from an image... I have separated it out each color into a grayscale layer, and imported each layer into CAP, and then built my pattern with each stamp, specifying the color of each layer in CAP. It isn't a complicated image, and when I test it in CAP it looks great... When I export and install it in game, it turns black and white, with the grays either becoming black or white (not gray) and there are no colors at all.

I can't post pics right at this moment but if it would help clarify the problem I will later...

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? I've searched for tutorials but none of them address this :(

Comments

• Options
    babs3232babs3232 Posts: 19
    edited September 2013
    I'm not quite sure if this will help, but I hope it does...

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/info/create-a-pattern.php

I'm pretty good at CAP, but I don't think I have ever run into that problem, I'm not sure what it could be :?:
  • Options
    aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi Babs! Thank you so much for your reply.
    I actually hadn't seen that guide! I'll take a good look at it... there aren't many guides that go through the layers, so maybe it will help :)