The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Safaris Zoos Wildlife Pets - Sims 4

I was very impressed with how the cats dogs and horses turned out in 'Pets,' The 'spot on' behaviour in the game was amazing and there are some fantastically realistic player-made animals too. I'm very fond of my in-game pets.

I'd LOVE to see this theme expanded upon in Sims 4.

If I had my ultimate Sims 4 wish come true, it would be a huge expansion pack, with wide variety of animals. Perhaps sims could be involved in breeding programmes to save rare species or run a zoo, having to satisfy the priso...ahem...animals needs to keep them happy. Sims could have careers as biologists, wildlife photographers, zoo keepers, wildlife TV programme makers, pet shop owners etc. They could have wildlife-based skills like bird-watching, tracking, identification, animal husbandry etc.

I REALLY miss this game called Zoo Tycoon (perhaps you can tell) and the games industry hasn't produced a really good wildlife game since. It's up to YOU *points*
Maxis/EA to make this happen via Sims 4.

It would be brilliant

EDIT: Oh and btw EA/Maxis - just think of the networking possibilities. In order for your zoo to get the best animals for your breeding programmes, you could exchange/buy animals from other players zoos and port them into your own.

Comments

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,874 Member
    edited July 2013
    I would like to see everything in this post in the game.

Except maybe.....*looks over post again*...Nope. I want see it all :lol:

Edit: just adding that Zoo Tycoon 2 is one of the four computer game series I play with any kind of regularity (as in yearly :lol: ) I wish they had gone through with ZT3.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    artlove1artlove1 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited July 2013
    I would by this in a heartbeat!

I LOVED Zoo Tycoon, I have Zoo Tycoon 2 Complete Collection, and maybe about 10 times a year, I go through my cds, install them, and play!

I would love to have my sims be able to visit Zoos...

NEW CAREER- ZOO KEEPER!!
  • Options
    JacobRuehlmanJacobRuehlman Posts: 495 New Member
    edited July 2013
    As a primate owner (IRL) I say yes to this!!! :thumbup:
  • Options
    Tarante11aTarante11a Posts: 186 Member
    edited July 2013
    @JacobRuehlman - Oh my word! Photographic evidence too! Although the 'chest-burster' on the far right is rather alarming. You should get that looked at! ;) (sorry, in my haste to reply, I forgot to say what cute pictures they are too :) )

Sadly I can't get ZT2 to work on my desktop or laptop now. It always was a bit glitchy/flakey and now it refuses to play. Very sad.

V glad at least three people like my suggestion! 3 now, soon...an army!

We can dream...we can dream.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited July 2013
    sounds good to me, i loved zoo tycoon too. Wonder if it works on windows 8 if so i might have to dig out my collection :D
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    allie1723allie1723 Posts: 12
    edited July 2013
    I love playing Zoo Tycoon! This would be a very interesting idea. I'd certainly buy an expansion pack like this.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited July 2013
    I agree with everything you said. Zoos would be an awesome way to put a new spin on an animal themed expansion pack. :thumbup:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Hopefully zoo tycoon 3 coming out on xbox one will also mean it comes out for the PC :D

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/06/10/zoo-tycoon-e3-2013-announcement-trailer
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    MunnieSimsMunnieSims Posts: 235 Member
    edited July 2013
    I loved zoo tycoon! I still play it when I'm bored. I totally agree we need an EP like this for the sims 4!

I hope they make a Zoo Tycoon three for pc. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, I was momentarily v excited about ZT3. Admittedly it's early days but there doesn't look like they'll port it any time soon. Boo.

However ALL the more reason to have an amazing wildlife/zoo based expansion for Sims 4! ^^
  • Options
    ChainChain Posts: 126 Member
    edited July 2013
    Oh gosh yes! This is such a good idea! I'd be all over a "Sims 4: The Animal Kingdom" or a "Sims 4: Great Safari" EP! It's something new that's not been done before, but also makes use of tools that would be at a Simmers disposal anyways and would (probably) be easy to implement!

And combining it with Pets is just SUCH a good idea!

In all seriousness; +1 Internets to you, good madam!
  • Options
    SalemSalem Posts: 316 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Oh Yes! I love ZT!

That would be an awesome EP

• Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited July 2013
    That'd be nice and great! It also will be something new and different than those 1 to 3 of TS :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ooo I'm glad more people like the idea. I've been thinking about how it might work. I reckon you could have 'The Safari' part and 'The Zoo' part as sub-neighbourhoods - I think building a zoo in the main world where your sims live might be a bit memory heavy.

The Safari bit could have different zones/countries - so a savannah type, a rainforest type, an alpine type. When you arrive in one of these zone it would work very much like WA, with adventure quests but maybe you'd also have tasks to study the wildlife/natural history of the place, and you'd gain skill points and Visa points or something. No collecting wild animals for zoos or study though!

The Zoo bit would involve building and animal husbandry - maybe as you increase revenue you could also start exchange/breeding programmes with other zoos (maybe other PLAYERS zoos too) and that's the way you get hold of more animals. BUT THEN once you've got a successful breeding population of a species you can release them back into wild, taking them to the appropriate zone/country and letting them go! Hurrah!

Obviously I haven't thought it through in great detail and I'm sure I've overlooked some completely unplayable aspect but I reckon I'd enjoy playing this kind of thing.

:)
  • Options
    MadMan5126MadMan5126 Posts: 366 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I love Zoo Tycoon!

Now i hate you all.

Now i must install it.

And Play it all night.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    @MadMan5126 - Hahaha! See! It would be brilliant wouldn't it! You'd buy a Safari/Zoo expansion in a millisecond wouldn't you! ;)

And you'd never have to play any other game ever again...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Tarante11a wrote:
    @MadMan5126 - Hahaha! See! It would be brilliant wouldn't it! You'd buy a Safari/Zoo expansion in a millisecond wouldn't you! ;)

And you'd never have to play any other game ever again...

YES! I would love the sims 3 forever. But like it would have to be like the resort setup, where you can buy your own zoo lot, and just make a zoo. Better yet make it a replica of Zoo Tycoon :D:D:D
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    @MadMan5126 - well I've been thinking about that! See my post above your first one. ;) What do you reckon?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Tarante11a wrote:
    @MadMan5126 - well I've been thinking about that! See my post above your first one. ;) What do you reckon?

:D:D I missed this game so much, now i have to get back into and get better at it. Only if i knew what these animals like to eat XD
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Is it bad i played Zoo Tycoon until 4 AM the other night? :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

But Hey,
    What was the one with the aquatic animals? I think that one was my favrite but i can't rember the name of it..
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    MadMan5126 wrote:
    I love Zoo Tycoon!

Now i hate you all.

Now i must install it.

And Play it all night.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I re-installed it yesterday :D:D:D:D
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Shhh! You two!! If you keep going on about ZT in a Sims 4 thread they'll move it or close it down! :lol:

Safaris! Zoos! Farms! Wildlife! For SIMS 4!
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited July 2013
    I loved Zoo Tycoon 2 too. I have not played it for a very long time.

Being a animal nut, I would love to see more animals in the game. Farm type animals, zoo type animals, and wild animals. I miss the skunk in sims 3. Animals provide both fun and mischief.

I think the zoo idea would be fun. You could also add a petting zoo with farm type animals. You could send your sims to the zoo either on dates or with their families. That would also be great for story telling or movie making. You could also add more jobs such as animal trainer, zoo keeper, etc, and work yourself up to the top. Good idea.

We also need a llama, since it is the sims mascot.
  • Options
    kama674kama674 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited July 2013
    Yes, to this idea! I would love a greater variety of animals in TS4, not just pets!