The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What should be brought back

Brought Back:
I feel in general the Sims 2 is the best of the Sims series. And hope that the Sims 4 will bring back missed content from that game.
Specifically.....

Create a Neighborhood tool in base game,
more heated social interactions,
The face and body structure. (I think there should be way more custom tools for the Sims appearance than the Sims 2, but I noticed that there posture there body structure are way better than the Sims 3),
Babies with limbs, but having clothes for them to change in.
Kids being able to jump on beds,
A OPEN FOR BUSSNIES!!!!! :shock:
Music Videos, for a added on expansion like the Sims 1 Superstar
Less rabbit holes
Animals having careers, such as police dog or show cat.
Being able to pull out of your driveway, your house phone not being useless, ect.

Altogether I hope they bring back the old detail that made the game so great. So please leave your feedback, options, and what you miss from the previous Sims games that you want to come back.

Comments

• Options
    FimbeFimbe Posts: 129 Member
    edited July 2013
    I agree :) I uninstalled my sims2 game when we got Seassons in sims3, and I´ve missed it since. When I played sims 2 I missed some things from sims3 :? I think the perfect simsgame would be a mix of the best interactions from both (harvestbles from S3, OFB S2, Opend world S3, Skillbuilding S3, Attraction system S2, Sex of the baby S3). Both games have a lot of nice things and some thing we like better in the other :roll:

What I would like to return from the sims 2:

1. Singing/learning lullabies
    2. OFB
    3. The attraction system where zodiacs ment something with turn ons/offs
    4. Want´s and fears instead of moodlets from S3
    5. Sickness where you had to take care of your sims to get better
    6. The sims behavior - they seemed more alive/personal to me
    7. Subneighborhoods - no routing issues/lag/freezing
    8. Townies didn´t need a house = more space for simmers / game did not move your sims out when not watching them/playing another familie.
    9. Fridge - no free snacks and no cooking without food in it
    10. serving food and eating together
    11. Making out in couch
    12. Underwear section
    13. Dating (it was better in S2)

What I would like to repeat from Sims 3:

1. All the collectables stones/gems/seeds/flowers
    2. All the harvestble and fish
    3. the recipe system to learn dishes
    4. Skill building
    5. Able to choose sex of the baby
    6. Cas sliders and recolor clothes/hair
    7. Live stages
    8. turn on/off aging and SP
    9. Boats
    10. Rabbit holes (yes I like them)
    11. Weather (it is better in S3)
    12. Open neighborhood - gives more freedom for the sims
    13. Horses
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited July 2013
    Of course, all 3 sims games have good points. for me mostly on sims2, but anyway if you cant see it just go make a tour over simswikia.

I would want from Sims2 :

.OFB
    .Bon voyage hotels (they are better than IP resorts in my opinion)
    .capacity to build a condo able to put 4 selectable familys in one lot
    .ability to create a real apartment building without any "shells"
    .Open Restaurants,stores and supermarkets to sims interact
    .Return of crazzy characters such as social bunny,mad doctor,pickpocket,penguin,superheroes,bigfoot,ninja etc.
    .more freewill wich is what i mostly miss on sims3 when the characters you not controlling act basically as real persons and what make the game more intersting.
    .to enter on the car and not just been ported inside it and other stuff
    .Strangetown stories from PC,PSP,Gameboy and DS

Sims3 :

.Open World to me is not great stuff but i like it a bit
    .World adventures tombraiding improved
    .Horses and unicorn
    .Imaginary friend
    .showtime conectivity between players (since the careers are copy from sims1 superstar)
    .a great graphic but is not my main point either.
    .Controllable genie and ghost
    .IP ocean features (erth features are copy from Sims2 and Castaway stories)like houseboats,boats,diving,mermaids and kraken.
    .Some abilitys and objects such as street art,cience,and other stuff
    .CAS upgrades such as body and voice modfying and separated clothing
    .Fairies and mixology and Froggsims from Supernatural (other stuff is also copy)
    .Ambitions careers, but except for the medic improves cuz it is horrible

Sims1 :

.Basically is the stuff from Superstar and Makin Magic, wich also included Actor-Actress career more developed.
    .Crazy characters, the sick drunk gardening gnome,the flamingo dancer,tragic clown.
    .Some objects sets wich are real cool and could be included
    .Also this game have a great freewill on NPCs.
    .hability objects like the Gargoyle sculpting...and that was a rollercoaster right?

Dude, btw, sims Castaway stories and Sims Medieval

.Castway stories have a lot of things such as New animals as a monkey and jaguar and waterfall and taking a bath on a lot lake wich i didnt see in any other game, idk why.

.Sims Medieval,yes it is boring, but is the proof that not just the game can have a good graphic but it can also have dinamic characters, it also have elements that do not apear in other games such as cleary seen Religion,Fight,Politic Moves and Music Making, also have the freaking sickness and injury moodlets. it also have some pretty sims. and i like the elfs idea.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    JacobRuehlmanJacobRuehlman Posts: 495 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Yes to most, if not about all, of these!!!!! :thumbup:

I want The Sims 4 to be perfection. ;)

Although I won't be getting my hopes up to high just to be disappointed. :P

lol

Can't wait until Gamescom! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited July 2013
    yes, a lot of player miss the good parts of Sims1 and Sims2, of course i could stay all day talking about what i dont like on Thesims3, but is already dying so i wont spent my time with it, just to want Thesims4 be Awesome.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    KDR222KDR222 Posts: 56 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Lol, yes that house phone is completely useless. I also would like for my sims to not get full after eating a freaking cookie. I mean I like for my sims to learn recipes and make desserts for after dinner. But in the sims 3 even if their food meter is low eating one thing makes if tull, so there is no need for my sim to bake that pie for dessert. :(

Oh and yes setting the table was awesome.
  • Options
    MunnieSimsMunnieSims Posts: 235 Member
    edited July 2013
    I haven't played the sims 2 in forever. I honestly don't remember much about it. However the things that do stick out in my mind are: Children being able to practice on the piano, the townies stories were so funny and amazing, and the interactions between sims were cute.

I hope that in the sims 4 they improve interactions between family members. I feel like in the sims 2 the interactions were more alive while in the sims 3 my family members what nothing to do with each other.

:D
  • Options
    limegreenqueen101limegreenqueen101 Posts: 260 Member
    edited July 2013
    I hope they have apartment buildings available for the sims to live in along with more music instruments and possibly some new career opportunities!
  • Options
    superpurple1superpurple1 Posts: 187 Member
    edited August 2013
    KDR222 wrote:
    Lol, yes that house phone is completely useless.

Lmao that's real life, no one uses their home phones anymore. Welcome the wireless age.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited August 2013
    Things to bring back:

Make out animation was way better in Sims 2, especially on the couch/bench. (Wouldn't even mind the new iteration of Miss Crumplebottom for PDAs!)

Wasn't all that crazy about OFB, but bring back some of the functions of OFB but also have the Consignment Store from Sims 3 Ambitions, so those people who like to craft but don't want to start their own businesses can have a place to sell their wares. Or maybe a Flea Market lot where people can just set up a booth once a week to sell their stuff.

Actual vacations that don't involve adventures but that have plenty of activities for the whole family.

Children playing instruments, at least piano, or maybe child size versions of instruments like guitar or violin. Most people start music lessons at very young ages, and will have child-sized instruments that they replace as they get bigger.

Diving board/pool slides in base game, not waiting till close to the end of the franchise.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)