Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My game wont save

I've been playing the sims for a while, but I've never had this problem before. Today, I loaded up my game and tried to get two sims to marry. The merge household window came up, and I chose to move the guy into my sim's house, then it got stuck on "processing". I left it for about 30 minutes, and it didn't do anything, so I had to use task manager to end the game.

I loaded the game back up after reading on the forums about this problem, and decided I was going to use the edit town screen to merge the households instead. I got the sims to propose, and then just before the marriage, I clicked on save, just in case something was going to go wrong. But then it got stuck on the save screen and I had to task manager to end the game again.

Now I cant save my game at all, I've tried using "save" and "save as" and naming it something new, but the same thing happens everytime. I even left the game "saving" for an hour, and nothing happened.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Comments

• Options
    DawnLBrownDawnLBrown Posts: 9,193 Member
    edited June 2013
    You might try reverting to the backup save file. You might lose a little progress doing that but that could actually be good in this case. Backup both games first.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Restoring_Backup_Saves
  • Options
    EvilVamp667EvilVamp667 Posts: 15 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the reply, that solved it. I assumed that it wouldn't work because it was loading the game with no problems, so I thought the save file itself was ok. I guess it wasn't!
  • Options
    DawnLBrownDawnLBrown Posts: 9,193 Member
    edited June 2013
    Glad to hear that solved it. Thanks for letting me know. Happy simming!