Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WASD Movement?

Dear all of The Sims 4 Gurus,
I have a request. May you please add an option to the game, for movement with the W,A,S,D buttons?
That will be really comfortable like many other games, and will be much more realistic.
The arrow buttons will be fine too.
Thank you very much! :)

Comments

• Options
    YumedustYumedust Posts: 572 Member
    edited May 2013
    Movement such as? Moving the Sims? Pets? Objects? I don't think it can get any easier than point-and-click or click-and-drag. I also fail to see how adding those keys would be more "realistic."
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited May 2013
    cant you set them up in options anyway as hotkeys ?

I personally find it much easier using just the mouse
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,874 Member
    edited May 2013
    How is continually pressing W (or appropriate key) any easier than just clicking "go here"? What I really want to see instead is when you click "go here" the Sim doesn't go and decide to do 20 different things on its own instead. :roll:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    YumedustYumedust Posts: 572 Member
    edited May 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    What I really want to see instead is when you click "go here" the Sim doesn't go and decide to do 20 different things on its own instead. :roll:

^ Yup. Sims are so derpy when it comes to routing.
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited May 2013
    No thanks, that makes it seem like more of an RPG to me.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited May 2013
    I must admit i do wish i could control my sims with my laptop touch pad
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    NarcissaNarcissa Posts: 811 Member
    edited May 2013
    What I THINK the OP is talking about is camera movement. I'm sure most of us move the camera with the mouse, but I know you can move it with the arrow keys as well. I'm not sure about the WASD keys. It's probably more comfortable for the OP because many pc games use those keys for movement and the mouse for other things at the same time.
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited May 2013
    I am not sure how WASD makes the game more realistic. Personally, I prefer the Sims to move just like they are now. It's not really like you're trying to move the character and click on combat moves at the same time.

That's just my preference. If it were optional that you could toggle on or off I wouldn't object to it.
  • Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited May 2013
    As you can change the camera styles, a WASD (instead of a point and click) for sim movement option would be a cool idea!

I would see through a better camera angle, and it really would add a perspective to the sim, versus a doll-house view. But I would still like the classic option.
  • Options
    DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited May 2013
    the OP is talking about moving the sims. In RPGs and MMORPGS and pretty much any game ever on the PC, you move your character with WASD or the arrow keys.
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited May 2013
    Narcissa wrote:
    What I THINK the OP is talking about is camera movement. I'm sure most of us move the camera with the mouse, but I know you can move it with the arrow keys as well. I'm not sure about the WASD keys. It's probably more comfortable for the OP because many pc games use those keys for movement and the mouse for other things at the same time.

I think they meant the sims walking around with the arrow keys, not the camera.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited May 2013
    I am pretty sure WASD already controls the camera movement in TS3
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??