Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does Anyone Else Think TS4 Should be Set at the same time as TS1?

Hey everyone! It's so nice to be back to the forum and regular Sims-time after a long year of school! :D

I've seen some posts wishing that TS4 would be set after TS2, or before TS3. I personally REALLY want the TS1 families back. Like, really really. I miss Bella Goth!

I do know that TS1 is a game of its own and the developers of TS4 are not out to re-create it. But I think it would be cool to see TS1 Sims updated and refurbished.

What do you all think?

4e1a3ed1-d170-4171-8f9d-80eb54cd6987.jpg

Comments

• Options
    IcarusIcarus Posts: 916 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't know. I kind of want them to stop time-jumping. It's making for some weird technological paradoxes, like how every Sim in TS3 has a smartphone when it's set before TS2, and when TS2 came out, smartphones barely even exist in the real world yet. I wouldn't mind if they started doing something a bit more linear. Maybe have TS4 set after TS2.
  • Options
    SebastianUKSebastianUK Posts: 19 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't mind that (I'd just be glad to have Cassandra back mainly). It would be nice to be able to play all the old service people finally. :) Especially Chip and Bunny from House Party. :)
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited May 2013
    Icarus wrote:
    I don't know. I kind of want them to stop time-jumping. It's making for some weird technological paradoxes, like how every Sim in TS3 has a smartphone when it's set before TS2, and when TS2 came out, smartphones barely even exist in the real world yet. I wouldn't mind if they started doing something a bit more linear. Maybe have TS4 set after TS2.

Yes, I noticed this too! They said sims 3 was set somewhere in the 1950s and yet you see sims driving cars resembling lamborghinis, smart phones like you said, iPads, flat screen tvs, clothes that NOBODY wore back then, virtual reality video games .... I was always confused by that and assumed that they just decided not to be in that time period anymore. :(

I would love for it to be in ts1 time, if they actually kept it in that time period. But I feel like it would be hard because of all the new stuff constantly coming out in the store.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    Only1whtrbbtOnly1whtrbbt Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited May 2013
    Icarus wrote:
    I don't know. I kind of want them to stop time-jumping. It's making for some weird technological paradoxes, like how every Sim in TS3 has a smartphone when it's set before TS2, and when TS2 came out, smartphones barely even exist in the real world yet.

Oh... my... GOD. How have I never thought about that before now?!?!? :shock:

You just blew my mind man, that's some full on Doc Brown stuff right there.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think they need to keep it consistent and have TS4 set after TS3.

Although i didn't know TS3 is set before TS2...strange
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited May 2013
    I bet Sims 4 will have inter-neighborhood travel, so maybe to showcase that, they could set it after TS2, and Bella was found in strangetown.

Also I think it would make it set after TS2, because I think the town for TS4 will be much bigger, pretty much a city, so it only makes sense for there to be large population growth in between TS2 and TS4.
  • Options
    NarcissaNarcissa Posts: 811 Member
    edited May 2013
    Why not just be at a different time altogether? Like the other users said, it's not like they are actually keeping the same time period. So the only indicator would be the townies, which I could not care less about.

But if we had to change times, I'd want to go back to Sims 1. It'd be awesome to go back to our origin, since TS3 got waaay out of control. Plus, I want to have the Goths and the Pleasants back. Mary-Sue Pleasant was probably my favorite pre-made sim ever and I'd love to see her meet and fall in love with Daniel. :wink:
  • Options
    Nigerian373Nigerian373 Posts: 673 Member
    edited May 2013
    Icarus wrote:

Yes, I noticed this too! They said sims 3 was set somewhere in the 1950s and yet you see sims driving cars resembling lamborghinis, smart phones like you said, iPads, flat screen tvs, clothes that NOBODY wore back then, virtual reality video games .... I was always confused by that and assumed that they just decided not to be in that time period anymore. :(

I would love for it to be in ts1 time, if they actually kept it in that time period. But I feel like it would be hard because of all the new stuff constantly coming out in the store.

WHOA. I'm pretty sure I heard that at some point but I completely forgot when I got the game! Yeah... I don't get that 1950s feeling from Sunset Valley at all, haha.

You raise an interesting point--to me, TS1 seems as though it could be in modern day. The oldest that I can place the neighborhood in TS1 is the 90s!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    aprilrose wrote:
    I think they need to keep it consistent and have TS4 set after TS3.

Although i didn't know TS3 is set before TS2...strange

Yeah I know--strange! TS3 is set before everything, which is why Bella and Mortimer are kids. It took a bit of re-adjusting for me (being so used to seeing Bella as an adult).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    niac1234 wrote:
    I bet Sims 4 will have inter-neighborhood travel, so maybe to showcase that, they could set it after TS2, and Bella was found in strangetown.

Also I think it would make it set after TS2, because I think the town for TS4 will be much bigger, pretty much a city, so it only makes sense for there to be large population growth in between TS2 and TS4.

Oh--that's a very interesting idea! I think I could be cool with that, as long as Bella was featured in some way, haha. And you (and some other posters who have said this) are right--if they wanted to go chronological, it would make the most sense to set the neighborhood after TS2...I didn't think about the large population growth either. Ugh, can 2014 come any faster?!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Narcissa wrote:
    Why not just be at a different time altogether? Like the other users said, it's not like they are actually keeping the same time period. So the only indicator would be the townies, which I could not care less about.

But if we had to change times, I'd want to go back to Sims 1. It'd be awesome to go back to our origin, since TS3 got waaay out of control. Plus, I want to have the Goths and the Pleasants back. Mary-Sue Pleasant was probably my favorite pre-made sim ever and I'd love to see her meet and fall in love with Daniel. :wink:

Narcissa, the Pleasant family was my second favorite family! (Or maybe tied for second with the Newbies). I would LOVE to see the Pleasant family back to the way they were as an interracial family, the way they were in TS1. Haha, TS3 did get out of control with the time warp IMO!
  • Options
    Pandora189Pandora189 Posts: 2,394 Member
    edited May 2013
    I like the interlocking stories and paradoxes, even though I haven't played The Sims 1 and 2 much. I always thought it was more of an alternate universe, especially because of Claire Ursine/The Bear. I think having young Bella is neat.
  • Options
    MiloBeanMiloBean Posts: 770 New Member
    edited May 2013

When TS2 came out, I made a custom neighborhood of Old Town complete with houses, buildings and Sims. It was a lot of fun at the time.
    I'd like to see another Old Town template sometime. I can make the characters and houses myself, but I'm not smart enough for the TS3 world building tools.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Pandora189 wrote:
    I like the interlocking stories and paradoxes, even though I haven't played The Sims 1 and 2 much. I always thought it was more of an alternate universe, especially because of Claire Ursine/The Bear. I think having young Bella is neat.

True, it is a wonderful, alternate world :D And I miss Claire the Bear!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    MiloBean wrote:
    When TS2 came out, I made a custom neighborhood of Old Town complete with houses, buildings and Sims. It was a lot of fun at the time.
    I'd like to see another Old Town template sometime. I can make the characters and houses myself, but I'm not smart enough for the TS3 world building tools.

That's AWESOME. Did you upload it? If you did, could you post the link? I'm planning on re-installing TS2 sometime soon *nostalgia*
  • Options
    DejiDenjaDejiDenja Posts: 218 Member
    edited May 2013
    I just wish that Sims 4 is 4 or 5 years after Sims 2... or whatever one is the most "recent" (in the series). I don't like how Sims 4 is between one of the two games...I get very confused and I don't know which game is "first" and which is "second", etc. ;(
  • Options
    Only1whtrbbtOnly1whtrbbt Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited May 2013
    Try keeping up with the previous gen GTA series then!
  • Options
    MiloBeanMiloBean Posts: 770 New Member
    edited May 2013
    MiloBean wrote:

That's AWESOME. Did you upload it? If you did, could you post the link? I'm planning on re-installing TS2 sometime soon *nostalgia*

It was uploaded to a site that I can't remember the name of, :roll: and I'm not sure that site is even around anymore, but I'll look around. I had a story album series for awhile called, the Big Cheese that involved the Goths and Newbies etc. but it disappeared with the old TS2 web site purge of a few years back.