Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Another Supernatural EP.

TgudTgud Posts: 202 New Member
Okay just by reading the title you can see I'm a supernatural fan. I understand that some people don't really like the EP, but i think all of us have an EP that we don't enjoy, that's just life (Mines being Showtime). For me Supernatural was the best and added new content into the game that wasnt present before. If another Supernatural EP is created (Which would be heaven for me) i would like for witches to have extended lifespans just how they portray witches to be in the Tv shows/Movies where witches live for thousands of years. I'd also like for witches to present some type of magical interactions as children, same with the other life states.

Post your suggestions and/or opinions below.

Comments

• Options
    TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited May 2013
    I liked the expansion. Mainly because of the content it contained. I wasn't too keen on the occults. However, I do find it fun to throw an odd ball into the mix.

I would be all for it... only if it had quality items like the one we got. :-)
  • Options
    JacobRuehlmanJacobRuehlman Posts: 495 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Supernatural was fun but my favorite fantasy themed expansion pack was Makin' Magic from The Sims 1.

I really hope they bring some of the elements back that were missing in Supernatural that made Makin' Magic so much fun and exciting!

As for Showtime... if they remake that expansion for The Sims 4, it better be more like Superstar (Sims 1). I loved how Superstar was more focused on the singing, acting and modeling rather than just being famous for no reason. I just didn't get into Showtime much, I didn't like making a band and the singing wasn't really there. It was so much fun singing karaoke recording the jingles, songs and music videos and being to do different things as you slowly (but surely) climbed the ladder to stardom (in Superstar). :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Supernatural was fun but my favorite fantasy themed expansion pack was Makin' Magic from The Sims 1.

I really hope they bring some of the elements back that were missing in Supernatural that made Makin' Magic so much fun and exciting!

As for Showtime... if they remake that expansion for The Sims 4, it better be more like Superstar (Sims 1). I loved how Superstar was more focused on the singing, acting and modeling rather than just being famous for no reason. I just didn't get into Showtime much, I didn't like making a band and the singing wasn't really there. It was so much fun singing karaoke recording the jingles, songs and music videos and being to do different things as you slowly (but surely) climbed the ladder to stardom (in Superstar). :)

I completely agree, if they can incorporate things from older generations of the sims and still preserve and add new things into the game that would be perfect.
  • Options
    shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    edited May 2013
    I want them to bring back supernatural as well. It was my favorite expansion.

I would like it if the vampires were more like they were in TS2 as opposed to TS3 I mean they look great in Ts3 the tattoolike bite mark and the glowing eyes were cool but the TS2 vampires were a lot more fun. And I loved how they could turn into bat that was fun. They were invisible in mirrors when standing in front of them they slept in coffins and would scare the daylights out of any sim foolish enough to disturb their rest.
    The werewolves could be better too. Werewolf packs should permanent. They also need to make townie werewolves turn back into human form after spending a certain amount of time as a werewolf. Hopefully they will be able to fix how werewolves transform into ugly default wolf whenever they transform rather than the appearance you choose for them

I also wish they would bring back the spectral cat from TS2 appartment so witches could have it as a familiar.
    The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 matchmaker would be fun to have back as well.

Supernatural was a really fun expansion but there is still a lot they could add to it.

As for Showtime I hated it. The only thing I liked about it was the clothes and hair. My neighborhoods were overrun with invisible sims everywhere! :evil: At least until I discovered mastercontroller and overwatch from twallan. I don't remember much about Superstar as that was a long time ago and I didn't play it much. But it sounds like it would have been fun.
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited May 2013
    Witches don't necessarily live forever in almost any literature, movies or folklore. However, the magical quest for immortality by those who study magic IS a common theme. So witches should perhaps be able to discover a spell that grants them an extended lifespan. Alchemy pretty well covers this in TS3's Supernatural and I kind of hope they leave this the same way in TS4.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    All of these ideas are great. Feel free to add suggestions for other lifestates like Shadowcat85 did.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited May 2013
    My witches do live forever. I have them drink the potion from the LTR.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    NarcissaNarcissa Posts: 811 Member
    edited May 2013
    Oh look, another place where I can express my strong desire for a Makin' Magic remake! :mrgreen:

I loved that EP. They didn't just add witches and wizards, they added so many more themed objects, places, music, and clothes to the game. It's my favorite game in the entire Sims series. Supernatural was different, but I loved it as well.

Ugh, now I'm all emotional! So many feels. :lol:
  • Options
    SebastianUKSebastianUK Posts: 19 New Member
    edited May 2013
    To be honest Supernatural was the first EP I ever actually disliked. There have been a few where I've rarely used any of the new features they introduce (I bought all the pet EPs even though I rarely give my Sims pets for example), but Supernatural is the only one that actually made the game worse for me. Namely because of the zombies that pop up everywhere, attacking plants and crashing my Sims' parties every full moon.

I *love* most of the occult life states in the Sims series, but I prefer ones that are more mysterious, and you have to go looking for them if you want to meet them (not ones that pop up in your garden every week - see above). Also I like ones that are more classically-inspired (zombies that are the resurrected undead, rather than zombies that are living Sims with a temporary affliction for example) and ones that have real weaknesses (e.g. vampires that can be killed by sunlight) - Supernatural was just a bit too Twilighty for me.

My favourite occults are TS2 aliens, TS2 vampires, TS2 zombies, TS3 mummies and TS3 genies (I think I'll like the mermaids in the next EP a lot too though). So in summary if there's a supernatural-themed EP for TS4 I hope it's more like Making Magic with TS2 occults. :)
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,377 Member
    edited May 2013
    I love Makin' Magic ^& Supernatural ep's, AL from ts2 was a fail. Just not enough to it. Love to see more like MM & SN
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    loyallyroyalloyallyroyal Posts: 353 Member
    edited May 2013
    SebastianUK
    btw you can turn off the zombies by making the moon cycle static, that's what I do.

Supernatural is actually my favorite expansion, which is funny because I didn't intend on buying it. I never played the occults before, but being able to make them myself in CAS really changed how I play.
  • Options
    MattjamHoMattjamHo Posts: 206 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Narcissa wrote:
    Oh look, another place where I can express my strong desire for a Makin' Magic remake! :mrgreen:

I loved that EP. They didn't just add witches and wizards, they added so many more themed objects, places, music, and clothes to the game. It's my favorite game in the entire Sims series. Supernatural was different, but I loved it as well.

Ugh, now I'm all emotional! So many feels. :lol:

Haha I'm the same Narcissa! When Supernatural threads pop up I'm straight in there with a sloppy word kiss about Makin Magic. It was just so good.

TS4 team, head back to the original game and take notes :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Also i'd like to add that ALL occult life states should be created in CAS, as some life states were left out such as, Simbots, Plantsims, Imaginary Friends(Didn't really ccare for it but still), etc...