Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

total cost

The total cost of ownership currently to buy The Sims 3 and then everything in the store is around $250-270 dollars. I didn't meticulously make sure there weren't duplicated items when tallying. Outrageous.

Comments

• Options
    nextfatalbreathnextfatalbreath Posts: 345 Member
    edited June 2009
    This is what I've been saying from the get-go.

How can they hackin make us pay even MORE money for stuff that should have been in our 50 dollar game [or 70 in my case]

it's absolutely MESSED UP, and ridiculous.
  • Options
    RakeeshRakeesh Posts: 670 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It's so clear that EA completely missed the idea of what micro-selling is meant to be. It's supposed to be easily selectable items for MUCH cheaper, to ENCOURAGE people to buy.

It's this, twisted backwards-logic they're working off that keeps turning people off. Items should be priced to encourage buying, at LEAST one quarter cheaper than they are now.

I can guarantee that until pricing becomes more reasonable, I'll stick to free items from the store only, and look to the fan-base for anything else.
  • Options
    ElmawaElmawa Posts: 2,281 Member
    edited June 2009
    I stocked up on cards at best buy today. they were half price, but i wasn't aware that I would lose 70 points or so when redeeming them...I thought they were each going to be worth 1000pts, but when I redeemed each one it came up as something around 938 pts...then they charged me another penny (insult to injury)for some odd reason...I've already paid for those cards, granted it's only another dime after redeeming all 10 cards, but still...like I noted, insult to injury after taking 70 pts from each...or maybe they didn't take 70 pts away from me, maybe that's how it was supposed to me and I just didn't know. but anyways, I agree w/ you i'll be sticking to user made, free downloads after this, that is once my pts run out now. Wonder how long it will take them to finish that workshop tool?
  • Options
    OMFGItsVicoOMFGItsVico Posts: 478 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Elmawa wrote:
    I thought they were each going to be worth 1000pts, but when I redeemed each one it came up as something around 938 pts

Yeah, what's up with that??? So far, my game runs great, everything is downloading perfectly, and I have no complaints--EXCEPT for this Cash Card problem. They GAVE us $10 for FREE, which totaled 1,000 Points ... so why am I not getting 1,000 Points total for this $10 Card? Should we call and demand an answer?
  • Options
    OkashiHeartOkashiHeart Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It's insane.

I can't be sure if this is what they're replacing expansion packs with or not. If they are, then it's reasonable. But really... It's much more expensive than expansion packs once you figure everything else in.

Love the game. haha. Big fan.
  • Options
    CptbunnyCptbunny Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    If 100 sim points was 10 cents I'd go for it. :lol:
  • Options
    nextfatalbreathnextfatalbreath Posts: 345 Member
    edited June 2009
    It's insane.

If they are, then it's reasonable.

I know you said it's much more expensive than an EP.

It's so silly though, they expect you to pay 19 dollars for 30 little items, when you get HOW MUCH more with an EP for that price?

SERIOUSLY, COME ON.