Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My guy is suddenly attracted to men!

The whole time my sim was at college he kept seeing guys that he "wanted to get to know better"! Is this like an "experimental" phase? What will he tell his wife when he gets back to SV?

Comments

• Options
    LetterM2013LetterM2013 Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Well, if he has a wife I'm guessing he wasn't born that way?
  • Options
    beastcam1beastcam1 Posts: 952 Member
    edited March 2013

There are a lot of complaints with the bluntness of the new attraction system right now, so it's not very picky and choosey. The attraction system has nothing to do with gender, but with traits, so all you can do is enjoy that eye candy and decide whether or not you want to let him do anything about it :P

11214097_1612418725701927_822627218776693780_n.jpg?oh=127705e00ae1fd059d1e5266630299b5&oe=5619A988
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    edited March 2013
    What the poster above me said! Also I heard, and correct me if Im wrong, that during Uni you go thru an experimental phase...So go for it if you want if not just ignore it lol
  • Options
    PixieStixPixieStix Posts: 1,956 Member
    edited March 2013
    Also if by chance he has done any romantic interactions with guys when you weren't looking it can affect their automatic in game sexuality :lol:

Example: I made a guy in LP he was a cop and his partner was a guy they became real good friends and he hadn't met a single woman yet so I sent him to the wishing well to wish for love and every frog turned into a man! I did that like 9 times and it was always a man, and always old... the game decided he was gay since he had never flirted/met a female yet. Then I had him flirt with a random chick and the next time he wished for love it was a woman! :)

It also happens with the online dating, if you flirt with the same sex but not the opposite sex and then make an account it will set it up so the same sex interacts with your sim more than the opposite. Weird but sort of cool little feature! :P
    LadySmitanbanner_zps7eszqcmq.jpg
    YouTube:Lady Smitan Twitter:@LadySmitan Gallery:LadySmitan
  • Options
    Jayson422Jayson422 Posts: 209
    edited March 2013
    Maybe your sim is trying to tell you something ;)
  • Options
    Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited March 2013
    PixieStix wrote:
    Also if by chance he has done any romantic interactions with guys when you weren't looking it can affect their automatic in game sexuality :lol:

Example: I made a guy in LP he was a cop and his partner was a guy they became real good friends and he hadn't met a single woman yet so I sent him to the wishing well to wish for love and every frog turned into a man! I did that like 9 times and it was always a man, and always old... the game decided he was gay since he had never flirted/met a female yet. Then I had him flirt with a random chick and the next time he wished for love it was a woman! :)

It also happens with the online dating, if you flirt with the same sex but not the opposite sex and then make an account it will set it up so the same sex interacts with your sim more than the opposite. Weird but sort of cool little feature! :P

Wikipedia seems to think all worlds are initially heterosexual, but if you make a Sim do some romantic interactions with the opposite sex, that save is then marked as homosexual friendly and the game will create homosexual couples and the online dating does what PixieStix says. I don"t know if that's entirely true or not, but I haven't seen any homosexual couples unless one of my active Sims was/are in a homosexual relationship. Didn't like it at first, but I suppose it keeps the homophobes from trolling.
  • Options
    PixieStixPixieStix Posts: 1,956 Member
    edited March 2013
    Come to think of it I haven't ever seen a homosexual couple appear in games were my main couple is heterosexual :? I will have to make my sims have experimental phases to generate more same sex couples.

I had nothing against him being gay but it was the founder of my Legacy and I had sort of intended him to be straight for the start of it to have bloodline babies.

I wonder if the gay couple who are actually just best friends when you play them (weird!) in Aurora Skies will make the game generate same sex couples there?
    LadySmitanbanner_zps7eszqcmq.jpg
    YouTube:Lady Smitan Twitter:@LadySmitan Gallery:LadySmitan
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited March 2013
    Perhaps he's bi? My sim went to UNI and about 3 of his frat brothers are gay. I've accepted he's either bi or just going though an experimental phase since he does want to marry his girlfriend. Despite his one makeout with a random guy.
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited March 2013
    PixieStix wrote:
    Come to think of it I haven't ever seen a homosexual couple appear in games were my main couple is heterosexual :? I will have to make my sims have experimental phases to generate more same sex couples.

I had nothing against him being gay but it was the founder of my Legacy and I had sort of intended him to be straight for the start of it to have bloodline babies.

I wonder if the gay couple who are actually just best friends when you play them (weird!) in Aurora Skies will make the game generate same sex couples there?

That is exactly what happened in my game. All my sim's children (there were three of them) became attracted to same sex sims autonomously. This was without mods. I had to temporarily turn my heir's husband into a woman so they could have the next generation. This was in Sunset Valley.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    Mychro5Mychro5 Posts: 3,243 Member
    edited March 2013
    Jayson422 wrote:
    Maybe your sim is trying to tell you something ;)

jaja ^^ that
    hs3c.png
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited March 2013
    I am seeing the same thing, but mine started after I installed the 1.50 patch.
  • Options
    loileeloilee Posts: 614 Member
    edited March 2013
    The attraction thing can get a bit screwy, for example, when my sim family moved towns she suddenly became gay and got loads of date requests and letters from ladies - which I wouldn't normally mind except she was already married to a man. :shock:
    A bit of woohooing later and she was straight again, yet the ladies still go wild for her. *shrug*
  • Options
    Mychro5Mychro5 Posts: 3,243 Member
    edited March 2013
    loilee wrote:
    The attraction thing can get a bit screwy, for example, when my sim family moved towns she suddenly became gay and got loads of date requests and letters from ladies - which I wouldn't normally mind except she was already married to a man. :shock:
    A bit of woohooing later and she was straight again, yet the ladies still go wild for her. *shrug*

:lol: 8)
    hs3c.png
  • Options
    lupusrex180lupusrex180 Posts: 644 Member
    edited March 2013
    College is a time for experimentation. =P