Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can Not get my sim to die in cold weather, no matter what.

They always either unfreeze themselves, or they get saved by another sim, I even got him in his swim wear and fenced him in, but no luck, any suggestions, I hate killing my sims off in the first place, but I am trying to get my badge freeze to death and over heating. grrr... HELP please thanks.
sigsims%20copy_zps4jb8b2a9.png

Comments

• Options
    CatLandCatLand Posts: 760 New Member
    edited February 2013
    It takes ages but there is a quicker way.

Watch them like a hawk and eventually they'll freeze. Once they're frozen enable cheats and pull their hunger bar down. That's how I did it.
  • Options
    purpleto280purpleto280 Posts: 949 Member
    edited February 2013
    But won't they die from hunger, rather then freezing?
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited February 2013
    guess you can always have a water balloon fight in winter. That may make them freeze.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Still to this day I have had no luck... My Sims are to good, they always rescue my freezing sim or he they just thaw out on their own, I even have tried fencing them in so no other sim can thaw them out.. Grrr how will i ever kill my sims of freeze if game won't allow it!.... Am I not the SIM GOD they expected! he he he when I can not even kill off my sims with freeze?
  • Options
    GoddessHekateGoddessHekate Posts: 1,517 Member
    edited March 2013
    Have you tried Catland's method? It's the only way I'm able to get my sims to drown. By putting them in the pool, lowering their energy bar, and then lowering their hunger. And yes, they turn blue as though drowned.
    I wouldn't be surprised if you could use the same method for the freezing to death with the walls around the sim. And if it doesn't work, just return to the main menu and don't save it.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Well I am gonna try these ideas here, we will see what I can do .. with them lol thanks for the help everyone.
  • Options
    asdfthesimsasdfthesims Posts: 295 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I've heard somewhere that all of the sim's need bars must be low-in the orange to red zone- while they're frozen then they'll die.
  • Options
    corneliabyrnecorneliabyrne Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    I have exactly the same problem! I have tried with at least 3 different sims in different saves. I am running out of options. I do not know what to do next... :/
  • Options
    WolfauraWolfaura Posts: 615 Member
    edited May 2013
    If you don't want your other sims interfering, turn their free will off.

I only got my sims frozen using cheats. you click on the lot and set the temperature very low. keep the sim in a small fenced area that no other sims can get to and wear swim wear and drag all bars down low. They will die when frozen then.
  • Options
    rachealcuterachealcute Posts: 3
    edited August 2013
    i have the same problem. im trying to write a sim story for it though (don't ask)
    1st i locked my sim in a room, with no ceiling, a bed and bath room, with a vending machine (from the university pack) locked the doors, so no one can get in or out.
    then after a couple days of the "teeth chattering" icon thing, i final got the frost bitten icon while my sim was asleep.
    i woke her up,
    she froze,
    and i lowered her hunger bar.
    that was a long time ago. i forget if she died from freezing.
    hoped this helped :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SariyuSariyu Posts: 24 Member
    edited August 2013
    Just managed to get this achievement. Put her out in the snow with a fence around her, leave her till she gets frost bitten and then build a snowman or something, make sure all the bars are down low orange or red and she should freeze solid and fall to the ground and die.
  • Options
    DrkHrtAngelDrkHrtAngel Posts: 102 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Just a suggestion. I have not tried it. Could always have them play in the sprinkler on a winter night.
  • Options
    sophiexhisophiexhi Posts: 9
    edited August 2013
    Heres Some Help Change Your Sim Into Swimsuits And Take Them Outside Into The Snow, Then Pause The Game Go Onto Build Mode And Make A Fence, Wall Or Put Furniture All Around That Sim Eventually The Sim Should Die :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited August 2013
    What traits does your Sim have? Does it matter? Also does it matter what town you play in?
  • Options
    peper203peper203 Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    Ugh I'm try to get my sim to freeze but every time frostbite counts down she turns back to her normal color I just don't understand how to do it :cry:
  • Options
    marloestnmarloestn Posts: 17 Member
    edited May 2014
    I just managed to do this, make sure your sim is not saved by others, keep them busy. Get enough space to make snow Angels and snowmans. Put the swimsuit on. Make sure Hunger bar is really in the red (stArving). When hunger icon reaches 0 minutes she/he dies when frozen on the ground. No achievement though, 3 other sims already died by stove fires (asyllum challenge is hard!).

Good luck! Took me two sim days to kill her.