Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Don't buy it, it's a waste of money.

I was kinda excited for this pack. I remember asking in the ideas & feedback forum for a decade kind of pack and was thrilled when I saw that they actually did a pack for it. I didn't realize how little of content was in it though. I was expecting more hairstyles and items. You buy this pack thinking you'll get the big hair from the 80s, the afros from the 70s but you didn't get any of that. Only a few items.....I mean really??? EA please put more effort into your stuff packs. Like master suite, that pack was good cause it had a lot of items and I felt like I got my money's worth.

Comments

• Options
    CrazycatldyCrazycatldy Posts: 4,588 Member
    edited February 2013
    I was expecting more too. It's a bit of a disappointment.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited February 2013
    I really like this stuff pack, it's got some great stuff in it :D

But then, I did watch the Live Chat they did on it and looked at plenty of screenshots etc before I bought it - so I knew exactly what I was getting and didn't expect any more.
  • Options
    SimCarlexSimCarlex Posts: 349 Member
    edited February 2013
    Along with Town Life Stuff, it's one of the worst stuff packs ever... :(

But to be honest, I wasn't expecting much to begin with :)
    I once started a Sims blog called My Sims Pieces (snapshots and stories from the lives of my Sims) and maybe I'll get back to it one day...
  • Options
    lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited February 2013
    I really wish they had added shoes with this expansion. At least we can get an afro for males in the EA store.
    er0s4g.jpg
  • Options
    Tazlady19Tazlady19 Posts: 299 Member
    edited February 2013
    There was so much of the 70's(loved that era)-90's they did not even touch. I really feel they dropped the ball on this one. If you had to base 70's part alone with Bellbottoms(jeans for men), platform shoes of different kinds, and Afros, and easy rider jackets with the current furniture and clothing I am sure they would have made the majority of us more satisfied with the pack than it is now.
  • Options
    samsonkflaisamsonkflai Posts: 883 New Member
    edited February 2013
    For me i just got it for the music to be honest but yea i really didn't buy anymore stuff packs after outdoor living stuff since i knew there is not ever going to be much stuff in it.
  • Options
    SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited February 2013
    Honestly, some of the stuff could have been sold as store items if you ask me. And women wore bell bottoms too as I lived in them. I was disappointed in the entire pack. And what's with the hair?
  • Options
    DawnLBrownDawnLBrown Posts: 9,193 Member
    edited February 2013
    I haven't got the SP yet; is it really that lacking? I was waiting for it go on sale after the release. Kinda like every other one does in the past.
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited February 2013
    This is only the second SP I didn't bother purchasing, the first being that Katy Perry monstrosity. I did check out all of the reviews before making that decision and decided there wasn't enough "stuff" in it that I would use in my game so I decided to pass.
    From what I have been reading on the forums I am glad I didn't bother with it.
  • Options
    CrazycatldyCrazycatldy Posts: 4,588 Member
    edited February 2013
    DawnLBrown wrote:
    I haven't got the SP yet; is it really that lacking? I was waiting for it go on sale after the release. Kinda like every other one does in the past.

Waiting for a sale is probably your best bet. It is surprisingly lacking for a SP that's supposed to span 3 decades. :roll:
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited February 2013
    I agree with you the retail price in Australia is $30 and is just not worth it the clothes are really ugly with a few exceptions but all the hairs are just hideous no exceptions to me the hype for the stuff pack is just not worth it.
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited February 2013
    DarkMirage wrote:
    This is only the second SP I didn't bother purchasing, the first being that Katy Perry monstrosity. I did check out all of the reviews before making that decision and decided there wasn't enough "stuff" in it that I would use in my game so I decided to pass.
    Your right Katy Perry was a monstrosity I collect all the Sims games and when it came to Katy I was like there is no way i'm having her crappy content in my game it would be a waste of space.
  • Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited February 2013
    A grown person telling other grown people what to buy and what not to buy.

Mhm, mhm. :hunf:

Thanks for the advice, anyway. :)!
  • Options
    CatLandCatLand Posts: 760 New Member
    edited February 2013
    My only problem with it is that the hairstyles weren't that great to me. I mean, AN AFRO WOULD BE NICE. And how about a mullet?

That is all :mrgreen: .
  • Options
    xenoviewxenoview Posts: 336 Member
    edited February 2013
    Very disappointing SP! One formal outfit, no shoes, and not enough variety of clothing! Dropped the ball on this one! I was excited about it, then got it and was let down! Wished i hadn't got it. Guess i should look more at future SP(s) before buying!
  • Options
    9sunshine99sunshine9 Posts: 4
    edited February 2013
    We were really disappointed with the nearly next to nothing that was added. I mean not a single afro? Egg chair? Platform shoes? Come on... And for some reason for us the new music doesn't work. I wished I hadn't bought it. :x
  • Options
    shanathechoochshanathechooch Posts: 161 Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm waiting for it to go on sale because the main reason I want it is the music. Hopefully it will work by the time I get it.
  • Options
    clairoeclairoe Posts: 62 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Not going to buy it. Sale or no sale.

It really should of been a online store pack, like the circus pack.
  • Options
    TrynkytTrynkyt Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    I couldn't agree more! I was very disappointed. :( Where are the big afros from the 70s, big hair from the 80s, and platform shoes? I could go on and on. My point is, please add more stuff to the stuff packs. Thank you.
  • Options
    MAnatomyMAnatomy Posts: 460 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I want to buy it for the new guitar

R.I.P Jimmy "The REV" Sullivan : Feb. 9, 1981 - Dec. 28, 2009
    Avenged Sevenfold foREVer.
  • Options
    ericbatchelderericbatchelder Posts: 734 Member
    edited February 2013
    lovejess2 wrote:
    DarkMirage wrote:
    Your right Katy Perry was a monstrosity I collect all the Sims games and when it came to Katy I was like there is no way i'm having her crappy content in my game it would be a waste of space.

I'm with you on Katy Perry. I really wanted more from the decades pack, but I would gladly shell out $20 for half of what we got in decades than one cent for ten times as much Katy Perry...

...although, now that I think of it, if it included a Katy Perry Sim that I could lock in a room with her own candy furniture, but no room to sit down, I would enjoy watching her cry. lol. Just me, I guess.
  • Options
    Nick457862Nick457862 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I bought the pack because it was on sale on origin. Im enjoying the styles they have in it but there really arent that many.
  • Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Nick457862 wrote:
    I bought the pack because it was on sale on origin. Im enjoying the styles they have in it but there really arent that many.

Finally something positive. :thumbup:
  • Options
    conundrum_dragonconundrum_dragon Posts: 794 Member
    edited February 2013
    I was unsure at first, but find I use a lot more of stuff from this pact than I though I would, the wrap around couch is great.

• Options
    GothicansGothicans Posts: 129
    edited February 2013
    I was so disappointed with this and wish I had waited until a sale :( I would quite happily spend £5 on this (maybe pushin up to £10) but certainly not £15 like I did! There is such a massive amount lacking is unbelievable. They were making it out as if there were so many cool items and clothing, but there isn't. Yeah ok, everything in it is awesome but seriously. The hairstyles are 🐸🐸🐸🐸 as hell and the men get pretty much nothing. :(