Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to make sims continue with their lifes in game?

It would be Nice if the sims i have in the game would continue With their life a little more then they do now, even if i dont play With Them. The way it is now, I allready know who will stay single after some gameplay With my sim, and i know who will have a baby. Is there some way to make them have even more free will? So that the game could be a little exiting? :) ( not that i dont like the game now, just liked the idea of more suprises in the game )

Comments

• Options
    sammymcgoffsammymcgoff Posts: 1,358 New Member
    edited February 2013
    There's the Story Progression feature. The only downside is if you want them to have children without controlling them, it won't happen.
  • Options
    kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited February 2013
    Ok, i will Google that then :)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Has anyone uset this mod, and what did you think of it?
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited February 2013
    Nraas story progession, cant live without it and neither can my sims
  • Options
    L3ann3L3ann3 Posts: 154 New Member
    edited February 2013

I never used mods. Didn't think it was necessaire. BUT!
    Like your game, mine was flat. I wanted people to move in my town! Marry, have lots of children!

And then I installed the SP mod. My game is now alive and buzzing.
    People get married, they move into town. Get children, so your children will have friends.
    Townies will get a job and improve their skills
    You dont have to make your own Sims to marry your current sims ( :P )

Just do it :wink:
  • Options
    MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited February 2013
    I was really attached to the first family I ever played (I think I played them like 6 months real time). I was playing on epic so it took them forever to age but finally the daughter aged up to YA and married Mortimer Goth so I built them a house next door to her parents and changed them to the active household. I was shocked when I had her go visit her parents and her mother was pregnant! The baby ended up living (shocking, EA!) and aged up right along with the daughter's baby. It was really neat. That's the only time I've had anything exciting happen after I stopped playing a family though.
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited February 2013
    EA's story progression is really lame once you compare it to Twallans story progression.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Hm.. Have to read how i install i correctly..
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited February 2013
    kiwi84 wrote:
    Hm.. Have to read how i install i correctly..

Would love the SP mod, it's the installing that makes me run in the other
    direction. Do this, don't do that, install this, remove that, turn this on,
    turn that off. Rrrrrrrr! :cry:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Well i am trying to do it now but cant say i quite understand what i am doing!
  • Options
    shandabe4rshandabe4r Posts: 119 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I look at it everyonce and a while, then i get scared and close the window ;o;
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I have downloaded everything, even a program to open the nraas file With, but my pc still cant find it. May have to give up..
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited February 2013
    kiwi84 wrote:
    Well i am trying to do it now but cant say i quite understand what i am doing!

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/217955.page
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited February 2013
    kiwi84 wrote:
    I have downloaded everything, even a program to open the nraas file With, but my pc still cant find it. May have to give up..

If you dont set the settings for where your computer downloads or a setting where your zip reader unzips, itll just go to your downloads folder. Start > name > downlods.

I have it set so anything I download goes right to the desktop.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    ok, so i Guess i can just move it from downloads to desktop then. I will give it a try!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Ok, now i have it almost, but when i am going to paste the nraas package in to the packages folder, i just cant find it?? I mean i created the mods folder, and then packages, everything in order, but not thats gone? GRR! I Guess i am not very good at this :) :oops:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Tried forever yesterday, but in the end i gave up. I could not get the nraas file to copy/paste into packages. And i did everything step by step as the instructions said. But thank you all anyway for Your help! I am wondering if it could be something about me having win 8?
  • Options
    geeterrorgeeterror Posts: 6 New Member
    edited February 2013
    awh sorry you are having a hard time. I'm actually about to attempt to add the nraas one, if i can... xD

Whooo I think I did it! I used this site

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/StoryProgression

Hopefully it works for you!
  • Options
    AlitoniAlitoni Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited February 2013
    I would suggest going to http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files and following their tutorial on setting up your mods folder. It even has pictures :wink:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thank you both! I will try again now :)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Alitoni wrote:
    I would suggest going to http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files and following their tutorial on setting up your mods folder. It even has pictures :wink:

This made it so easy! Thank you! Now i am going to try to install the nraas story progresion again!

Thank you! :D
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    geeterror wrote:
    awh sorry you are having a hard time. I'm actually about to attempt to add the nraas one, if i can... xD

Whooo I think I did it! I used this site

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/StoryProgression

Hopefully it works for you!

I will give it a try as soon as the site is up and running again, now i cant upload the link you gave me, it did not upload when i used Google either. So exited to give it a try!!

But can i ask another question, if i want to download cc, what program is the best to use if i want to check if it is virus on different cc`s?