Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teen won't stop sneaking!

Oh my gosh this is so annoying! Ever since I got generations, my teen just constantly sneaks everywhere...

She sneaks around the house, sneaks to the park, to school, everywhere! When she goes for a jog, she sneaks. When I tell her to run, she sneaks.

She sneaks from the fridge to the oven while cooking, from the toilet to the sink... You get the idea.

Is anyone else out there having issues like this? Is there a way to stop it?
resetsim doesn't work either, it's driving me insane...

Comments

• Options
    RedRain913RedRain913 Posts: 75 Member
    edited June 2011
    Did you try moving the sim out of the house and back in? Does it do it even after quitting the game and loading? I've had this before, I think it was with running rather than sneaking. My sim did it for a few days then it finally stopped. Was very annoying though. Moving the sim would be my only other idea if you've tried resetting already. Good luck.
  • Options
    x_Kinomi_xx_Kinomi_x Posts: 194 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I'll give it a try when she comes home from school :?
    Thank you ^^
  • Options
    smartbabe6smartbabe6 Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    Okay so i had this same problem, and no matter what i did, she wouldn't stop. I even tried moving her out and back in and it still didn't work. I figured out a way to do it that should solve everyone's problem. Send the teen off to boarding school and when he/she's gone just use your phone to remove her from the boarding school so there are no changes. You can do this all in one day and he/she will come back sneak free!
  • Options
    DizzyDoozleDizzyDoozle Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I have been having this problem too... so annoying! I have tried the others, but not the boarding school thing so I'll try that one today.
  • Options
    IsharazIsharaz Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2011
    My sister had the same problem with her teen and we tried everything we could think of to stop him doing it (never tried the bording school thing though) but he continued to sneak, he is now an elder and still sneaks everywhere its quite funny really :D
  • Options
    SomeoneSneakySomeoneSneaky Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    I was having this same trouble. Tried breaking curfew again, went on a vacation, begged for forgiveness, anything I could think of. A search of the problem brought me here.

The boarding school trick worked, thank goodness! Enrolled and removed on the same day. It DID reset his 'mood' and 'homework' in school to neutral, turned his homework into 'Old Homework', and made him quit his part-time job, but he's still a straight-A student.

Thank you for the solution!
  • Options
    ChristineeveChristineeve Posts: 17 Member
    edited September 2011
    I thought transitioning my sim teen to adult would solve the problem. My teen sim started sneaking when her parents went on a free vacation. The free vacation broke and only one parent came home. She also didn't have the party which like a good sim teen she wouldn't.

So, the only way I could fix her from sneaking was to move her out of the house. It was a pain.
  • Options
    Trufan1Trufan1 Posts: 4,425 Member
    edited October 2011
    smartbabe6 wrote:
    Okay so i had this same problem, and no matter what i did, she wouldn't stop. I even tried moving her out and back in and it still didn't work. I figured out a way to do it that should solve everyone's problem. Send the teen off to boarding school and when he/she's gone just use your phone to remove her from the boarding school so there are no changes. You can do this all in one day and he/she will come back sneak free!

I'm sooo going to try this! My sim got grounded, snuck out to go to school...I thought that alone was weird, so realizing that she never actually stopped sneaking even when she got home was just a double-whammy! Are grounded sims not aloud to go to school or did it have to do with the field trip that was planned that day.

I just hope my sims can afford boarding school...if not then I'm sure they don't need their windows and chairs right? *kaching!* LOL
  • Options
    ebevan91ebevan91 Posts: 81
    edited October 2011
    Can you make the sim "pass out" and see if that works?

One of my Sims got stuck in the "talking on phone" position and wouldn't move, so I sped up the time until he passed out from being tired, and that fixed it.
  • Options
    AHR404AHR404 Posts: 564 Member
    edited October 2011
    I had this problem with one of my Sims - she kept sneaking even after she aged up into Young Adult. Very annoying. I finally went to Edit Town, split her out of the household, then immediatly put her back in. It gets rid of your wishes, but it fixed my sneaking problem, which was totally worth it. The sneaking was getting on my nerves.

Someone also suggested moving out the whole family to the clipboard, then moving them back http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/442090.page#6550381. This would get rid of wishes for your entire family, but is worth a try if other options don't work.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,693 Member
    edited October 2011
    Whenever a sim gets stuck in some animation, I direct them to repeat the action that caused it. If stucked in the sneaking walk, try direct her to scare someone or to sneak out (or any other action that include that kind of movements).
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Trufan1Trufan1 Posts: 4,425 Member
    edited October 2011
    Okie dokie guys, I tried sending my teen sim to private school then removing her from it and that fixed her! Thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    Ali399Ali399 Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    smartbabe6 wrote:

THIS WORKS! But can be annoying because you have to pay for boarding school. If however, you know the money cheats, like moi, you can usually sort it out using the 1,000S cheat
  • Options
    QueenpieloverQueenpielover Posts: 11
    edited January 2012
    I totally had this prob but the boarding school thing worked!!! add me too!
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited January 2012
    it only works if you 'evict' the family rather than move them via the cell phone...

it works everytime for me
  • Options
    meganaudriemeganaudrie Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    I tried the boarding school thing, but my Sim's birthday is today (to become a young adult) and the prep school picks her up tomorrow morning! Any help??
  • Options
    AgentChickenAgentChicken Posts: 33
    edited February 2012
    Type resetsim into comsole and she will stop sneaking, if not remove her from the house then move her back into that active household
  • Options
    littemissluckylittemisslucky Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    Hi! I have the whole "sneaking problem" with my teenage Sim. It's really annoying, it all started when my Sim was grounded by her Grandmother for not going to school, but when I tried to get her to go, the Grandmother wouldn't let her. I made the teenage Sim go to school anyway, but she never stopped sneaking... I don't really want to do the whole boarding school tick, as I've been trying really hard to have my Sim get a grade "F" - is there any other way to stop the sneaking?
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited May 2012
    The solution is to got to the "edit town" screen, and move her out of the house, and into the bin to the left. And then place her back again. I hope this was helpful.
  • Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited May 2012
    my sister had the same problem, but she googled it and one of the suggestions said to send them to boarding school and bring them back home and it worked, she's totally fine now. it's annoying and inconvenient, yeah, but at least your teen will stop creeping you out!
    44444.gif
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited May 2012
    That's the two solutions to the problem. AS I don't want the boarding school for my sims (yet), I prefer the first solution.
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited May 2012
    That's the two solutions to the problem. AS I don't want the boarding school for my sims (yet), I prefer the first solution.

if you have world adventures just take your sims on vacation and back this solve the sneaking around to no need for boarding school.
  • Options
    jennymayqueenjennymayqueen Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    I had to search for this, it was doing my head in, thank you so so so much! Looks like lil Xav's off to boarding school then :p
  • Options
    TiffanySouzaTiffanySouza Posts: 301 Member
    edited September 2012
    I had this problem too! It was driving me insane! The boarding school trick worked for me though.
  • Options
    happyscrubhappyscrub Posts: 101
    edited November 2012
    Over a year and this bug still is ruining my fuun.