Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get band gigs??

Comments

• Options
    IsharazIsharaz Posts: 19 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Ive got the same issue. my sim has been in a band since she was a young adult she has skill in all instruments and is registered as being in a band as her job, ahes now 2 days away from being an elder and has never been offered a gig.
    I really hope this gets fixed soon :(
  • Options
    desertrose0601desertrose0601 Posts: 114 Member
    edited October 2010
    I've had two gigs already. They seem to be about once a week, from what I can tell. It might've helped that I just started jamming in the bars - then people recognize me more. Also my main Sim is a 3-star celebrity; I'm sure that helps. My other band members are a zero, a 1-star, and a 2-star. I think a lot of it works like real-life -- the more other people see you jamming and playing your guitar (if you're actually good at playing, that is), the more likely they will be to hire you.
  • Options
    dnranadnrana Posts: 119 Member
    edited October 2010
    Have the same problem. But then again I get tons of opportunities through being a muscian and a celebrity which could possibly get in the way of gig opportunities. Hope a solution is found but til then i'll keep trying. :(
  • Options
    chuamishaelchuamishael Posts: 467 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I've had two gigs already. They seem to be about once a week, from what I can tell. It might've helped that I just started jamming in the bars - then people recognize me more. Also my main Sim is a 3-star celebrity; I'm sure that helps. My other band members are a zero, a 1-star, and a 2-star. I think a lot of it works like real-life -- the more other people see you jamming and playing your guitar (if you're actually good at playing, that is), the more likely they will be to hire you.

What I wanted to know is whether that opportunites appear on the middle list or
    on the bottom where the Celebrity opportunity is listed?
  • Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited October 2010
    1. Make SURE if you get opportunities for celebrity things you either do them very fast or cancel them. This is where the gig opportunity slot will go, if the slot is in use, you won't get offers!

No they don't. Celebrity opps go in the third slot, and Gigs go in the second slot.

HOWEVER...I do think there is a glitch there, because when my Sims started to get Celebrity opps they got less Gig opps.

simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    ald702ald702 Posts: 191
    edited October 2010
    Im a five star celebrity, and i get alot of celeb opps, but i finish them right asway and still get no gigs, so i think just gigs themselves have a bug, i dodnt think anything else has to do with it.
  • Options
    one_shoeone_shoe Posts: 2 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I have the same problem...I have two 5star celebs and two 4star, they have all mastered in their instrument, two are self-employd in a band and the other two are superstar actors. They all live together, they jam every day in front of the film career building(it's always really crowded there) and get loads of tips but no gigs whatsoever!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    UUUUGGGHHHHHH :evil: I HATE GETTING NO GIGS!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 2,114 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Since the bars are apparently hierarchal, meaning you can only get gig offers from lower end bars at the beginning of the career, will building more lower end bars help since there is only one or two venues available?
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    maybe, but i dont think you should have to do that, i think EA shouldve just done something about it.
  • Options
    lui777lui777 Posts: 21
    edited October 2010
    can someone send a letter to ea report this bug????
    this bug is annoying
  • Options
    Kage_GensouKage_Gensou Posts: 42 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I came to the forums to see if anyone else was having this problem. It's been 5 sim weeks now since my first and only gig. As soon as I formed a band I got a gig at the bar by the warehouse on a Monday at noon. My band members showed up, however during the gig they kept stopping and tried to leave so in 4 sim hours I needed to play at least 2 hours for the gig and only succeeded in 1.95 b/c I had to keep wrangling the band members to come back and finish playing. After that gig I received no more requests. after 3 sim weeks I disbanded that band..b/c the other 3 members were now elders and started a new band with my sim wife and two YA daughters. They are all maxed in every instrunment skill. They are all registered self-employed band and I force them to go to every bar and jam. It's been over 2 sim weeks and still nothing. They do not get any other opportunities aside from music related ones because I don't allow them to do anything except music related stuff.

This is very frustrating. I'm going to go search and see if I can't force a band gig opportunity with a cheat or mod now.
  • Options
    edited October 2010

This is very frustrating. I'm going to go search and see if I can't force a band gig opportunity with a cheat or mod now.

good luck ive been looking all day.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    ald702 wrote:

If I find one I'll come back and let you know...but if you've already searched I might be out of luck then.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    ald702 wrote:

If I find one I'll come back and let you know...but if you've already searched I might be out of luck then.

thanks. ive searched the sims 3 late night mods, late night mods, the sims 3 late night gigs mods, and tons more variations on bing, yahoo, and google. i hope you find one though, i think that would make so many people much happier.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    ald702 wrote:
    ald702 wrote:

thanks. ive searched the sims 3 late night mods, late night mods, the sims 3 late night gigs mods, and tons more variations on bing, yahoo, and google. i hope you find one though, i think that would make so many people much happier.

I don't know if this will work or not it's supposed to generate an opportunity 0-1 a day, but the creator posted this:

UPDATE: Updated to work with the newest patch. The newest patch seems to enable multiple opportunity calls per day, so this mod might not be as useful as it used to be. Any feedback is appreciated.

I'm going to test it out and see if it works since I don't get very many opportunities in any given sim week anyways even with a house of 4. BTW It's called More Frequent Opportunities mod.

I'll come back and let you know if it works for me or not.
  • Options
    BlingjohnnyBlingjohnny Posts: 355 Member
    edited October 2010
    At least i'm not the only one having trouble with the band gigs. I'm gonna play now and keep on trying to see if i get any luck with the gigs. There must be a solution for this.
  • Options
    SakuraAmayaSakuraAmaya Posts: 64
    edited October 2010
    Sorry I'm just wondering while you was talking about bands and gigs do you know how to practice with them. I invite them over but they just stand there and talk.
  • Options
    wondersueakwondersueak Posts: 963 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I'm frustrated about this problem too.

How do you get into the band career?
  • Options
    sumertelsesumertelse Posts: 1 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I have'nt read through all of this thread so I apologize if I'm repeating info.

Ok here's what I have noticed. I did'nt get any gig offers until my sim's job performance was at level 4. As a test I used "testingcheatsenabled true" cheat to improve my sims job level. Ay level 4 the little pop up info told me I was now able to gig at dive bars & sure enough I now get offers, although they are very few of them at the moment.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    ald702 wrote:
    ald702 wrote:

I don't know if this will work or not it's supposed to generate an opportunity 0-1 a day, but the creator posted this:

UPDATE: Updated to work with the newest patch. The newest patch seems to enable multiple opportunity calls per day, so this mod might not be as useful as it used to be. Any feedback is appreciated.

I'm going to test it out and see if it works since I don't get very many opportunities in any given sim week anyways even with a house of 4. BTW It's called More Frequent Opportunities mod.

I'll come back and let you know if it works for me or not.

Okay I tried last night to come back and let you know that it worked but the forums would not let me reply at all...kept wanting me to sign in even though I was already signed in :shock:

Anyways...that Mod worked for me. I've had two gigs pop up so far. I've noticed it really helped that all four of them was in the same house as different members got the calls.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    how many gigs did you get in a sim week?
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Well my gigs for some reason are always on Monday's. I installed the mod at it was on a sim Friday. I got the call on Saturday and the gig was on Monday. The second gig and I apologize I was half asleep so I didn't pay attention to the day (I just wanted to see if it would happen again before I came back here an post) so it was either Thursday or Friday and I haven't played it yet (too sleepy!) but it's also on a Monday. I think it's random though when you get the call and the day you play a gig since I've seen other posters state that thier gigs were on other days. It might be directed by the venue. All three gigs I've done have been at that dive bar by the warehouse.
  • Options
    RawSiennaRawSienna Posts: 7
    edited October 2010
    Like all of you I am having trouble getting gigs....I have a 4 member band, two are 5 star celebs (married). One is registered as self employed...I'll register the other one too. So far, only one gig. I'm going to try building a couple of more gig venues...see if that works...as per the instructions under Lessons for creating more venues. I'll let you know if it works!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    RawSienna wrote:
    ... I'm going to try building a couple of more gig venues...see if that works...as per the instructions under Lessons for creating more venues. I'll let you know if it works!

Please do I never did go that route. If it does I'll make some and see if I get even more opportunities with this Mod. :-)