Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New survey about whether we like to start new games in CAS or not!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,987 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    JAL wrote: »
    @crocobaura
    I don't mind either. I'm more bothered by the fact that Resume button no longer loads the last played household anymore.

It takes me to the last played household. What happens in your game?

It takes me to Brindleton Bay neighbourhood screen. :smile: Most often it shows a sim I have there as last played even though I didn't, and when it loads it either loads her household or Brindleton Bay neighbourhood.

@crocobaura What was the last thing you did before exiting? I find that if I end a game in world mode, especially after editing sims (or just deleting all the new townies) I will be returned to Willow Creek the next time I start (the first sim I played in the save live there), but if I end the game in live mode resume will take me back to the family I last left.

I never delete townies and rarely edit my sims, except to just give them some new clothes when playing them. I do tend to build a lot, maybe it could be because of saving on a community lot? But sometimes it says resume with a sim I haven't played at all in the last session, and even in the couple of sessions before that, so this is why it makes no sense to me at all. I just use the load game option nowadays, as I can choose from there which lot to load first.

@crocobaura Does that happen to be the sim with the first-in-the-alphabet name?
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,178 Member
    It doesnt bother me TBH . I have only ever started two saves in over 2000 hours of play . I personally delete 99% of all premade townies and more important for me would be EA stopping the game randomly spawning more and more unnecessary townies every single game session
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,056 Member
    It doesnt bother me TBH . I have only ever started two saves in over 2000 hours of play . I personally delete 99% of all premade townies and more important for me would be EA stopping the game randomly spawning more and more unnecessary townies every single game session

I play premades but I agree on randomized townies I need toggle to turn it off because at this point of game I have enough sims for everything without constant spawning of randomized ones
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,459 Member
    JAL wrote: »
    @crocobaura
    I don't mind either. I'm more bothered by the fact that Resume button no longer loads the last played household anymore.

It takes me to the last played household. What happens in your game?

It takes me to Brindleton Bay neighbourhood screen. :smile: Most often it shows a sim I have there as last played even though I didn't, and when it loads it either loads her household or Brindleton Bay neighbourhood.

@crocobaura What was the last thing you did before exiting? I find that if I end a game in world mode, especially after editing sims (or just deleting all the new townies) I will be returned to Willow Creek the next time I start (the first sim I played in the save live there), but if I end the game in live mode resume will take me back to the family I last left.

I never delete townies and rarely edit my sims, except to just give them some new clothes when playing them. I do tend to build a lot, maybe it could be because of saving on a community lot? But sometimes it says resume with a sim I haven't played at all in the last session, and even in the couple of sessions before that, so this is why it makes no sense to me at all. I just use the load game option nowadays, as I can choose from there which lot to load first.

@crocobaura Does that happen to be the sim with the first-in-the-alphabet name?

No, I don't think she is, her first name starts with an E and family name with a V, I am pretty sure there are other sims out there before her.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 968 Member
    Will have to check for this survey. I frequently play with existing characters, specially in custom saves (I have a really good Sims 2 in Sims 4 one).