Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New survey about whether we like to start new games in CAS or not!

mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,987 Member
I was so happy to see this survey pop up in my game main menu!

It asks whether we are happy with the current flow of starting a new game, or whether we would like to see changes. I was very glad to say that I would prefer to start a new game in Manage Worlds, because I often like to play with premade characters! Please take the opportunity to share your feedback if you get the survey option in your main menu :)

Comments

• Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 552 Member
    I haven’t seen this in my game menu yet but I do tend to play offline most of the time. I’ll try playing online to see if I get it as it really annoys me having to start in CAS each time.

Is this really about the possibility of this being changed in TS4, or is it more likely they’re trying to find out our preferences for Project Renee or another future Sims game? If it’s for TS4, that feels to me like quite a big change to be making at this late stage in the game’s life. But that would be great if so!
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,470 Member
    I hope that survey is still available when I get to my game again next week. I would like for a new game to start on the world screen, not in Cas
  • Options
    Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,268 Member
    Oh I REALLY hope I get this survey too! I'd MUCH rather start a game on the world screen than in CAS!
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,414 Member
    About the time! I'd much prefer starting in world view.
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited May 3
    I'm glad that this is on their radar. I wrote about it in this thread https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1003408/why-does-starting-a-new-save-force-you-into-cas

Za8OFvo.png
    HrteAXO.png
    h7juWGj.png
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 757 Member
    Better late then never. I really hope they change this. It is one of the things that still surprises me about the game.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,056 Member
    edited May 3
    I don't start new save often
    (I stay in my old save I love)

so in a way minor issue

but yeah I would much prefer to start from manage worlds screen it would be much easier than to create sim put sim into lot and then go to manage worlds

and I never really know what kind of sim to create before I know which world/lot I want to play in so it feels odd to start in cas

also possibly i just want to grab build for different save or play premade family in which case i don't have reason to load to cas other than game forcing it

but also I worry if this can cause save breaking bugs if altered so if that is possibility I must vote against changing it cause its not so bothersome that I would sacrifice my old saves

just small annoyance I run into approximately 3 times a year

I haven't seen survey in my game but I also haven't really seen game this week either due to being busy with other activities
    will check tomorrow maybe
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,499 Member
    I'm probably the only person who doesn't mind it the way it is. I often like to go into a new game to the CAS screen just to make new Sims and save them to my library. Creating Sims is one of my favorites things to do so sometimes I don't even get around to playing because I'm fiddling around in CAS.

I don't think I'd mind though, if it took us straight into map view as long as the option to jump into CAS from there is available, and I don't see why it wouldn't be. I get why people want it changed if they want to play premades (I very rarely play them unless under special circumstances). I played a lot of Sims 2 so it does seem natural to start in the map.

But I also strongly agree with @Simmingal that if it risks breaking people's games, I'd rather they didn't bother.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,088 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I'm probably the only person who doesn't mind it the way it is.

You're not the only one. I don't mind it either. All my sims are either born in game or downloaded from the Gallery.

Last week was the first time in years that I'd entered CAS to create a new save. I wanted to grab some of the original townies and lots. Since I'd deleted most of them.

I did comment in the survey that I'd prefer to start on Manage Worlds but it really doesn't matter to me.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,459 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I'm probably the only person who doesn't mind it the way it is.

You're not the only one. I don't mind it either. All my sims are either born in game or downloaded from the Gallery.

Last week was the first time in years that I'd entered CAS to create a new save. I wanted to grab some of the original townies and lots. Since I'd deleted most of them.

I did comment in the survey that I'd prefer to start on Manage Worlds but it really doesn't matter to me.

I don't mind either. I'm more bothered by the fact that Resume button no longer loads the last played household anymore.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,088 Member
    @crocobaura
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I don't mind either. I'm more bothered by the fact that Resume button no longer loads the last played household anymore.

It takes me to the last played household. What happens in your game?
  • Options
    edited May 4
    @crocobaura

It takes me to Brindleton Bay neighbourhood screen. :smile: Most often it shows a sim I have there as last played even though I didn't, and when it loads it either loads her household or Brindleton Bay neighbourhood.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,131 Member
    To be honest, I like it the way it is. I like to start off every new save in CAS so I can create a memorable character, someone that sort of sets the tone for the new save
  • Options
    grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 306 Member
    I didn't get the poll. :'(:'(:'(
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,047 Member
    My response was give players a choice. Ask players whether they want to go to the world screen or CAS. The current setup works for me but I enjoy creating sims.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,157 Member
    I mentions in the Survey to be able to go right into build or gameplay without having to go through CAS.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,898 Member
    My response was give players a choice. Ask players whether they want to go to the world screen or CAS. The current setup works for me but I enjoy creating sims.

This is what I want, really. The Sims should always be all about player choice. I'd like to be asked how I want to start that new game.
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 643 Member
    Oh I REALLY hope I get this survey too! I'd MUCH rather start a game on the world screen than in CAS!

This ^ Period!
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,871 Member
    I"m more of a builder, so I would definitely like the option to start in the world map. I stress option. Having options is always a good thing. I wouldn't want it to replace the start in CAS. You could be able to select which in settings, or for every new game even.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,082 Member
    edited May 6
    @crocobaura

It takes me to Brindleton Bay neighbourhood screen. :smile: Most often it shows a sim I have there as last played even though I didn't, and when it loads it either loads her household or Brindleton Bay neighbourhood.

@crocobaura What was the last thing you did before exiting? I find that if I end a game in world mode, especially after editing sims (or just deleting all the new townies) I will be returned to Willow Creek the next time I start (the first sim I played in the save live there), but if I end the game in live mode resume will take me back to the family I last left.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,056 Member
    edited May 6
    @crocobaura

When I load a game my game often opens Sulani even though I last played in Moonwood Mill :sweat_smile:

I never use resume button though because I just like to take look around manage worlds first and it doesn't really bother me to look at pretty Sulani when I open my game
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    JAL wrote: »
    @crocobaura

@crocobaura What was the last thing you did before exiting? I find that if I end a game in world mode, especially after editing sims (or just deleting all the new townies) I will be returned to Willow Creek the next time I start (the first sim I played in the save live there), but if I end the game in live mode resume will take me back to the family I last left.

I never delete townies and rarely edit my sims, except to just give them some new clothes when playing them. I do tend to build a lot, maybe it could be because of saving on a community lot? But sometimes it says resume with a sim I haven't played at all in the last session, and even in the couple of sessions before that, so this is why it makes no sense to me at all. I just use the load game option nowadays, as I can choose from there which lot to load first.
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    @crocobaura

When I load a game my game often opens Sulani even though I last played in Moonwood Mill :sweat_smile:

I never use resume button though because I just like to take look around manage worlds first and it doesn't really bother me to look at pretty Sulani when I open my game

I don't mind using the load button and looking through manage worlds, it's just that resume button was handy for just that function of resuming where you last played.
  • Options
    wildflower42wildflower42 Posts: 39 Member
    edited May 6
    Haven't gotten the survey, but I would love it if I could just jump to a world when starting a new game instead of loading in CAS. When you load in CAS and place a household, you don't have a choice in not saving the household. I understand why it's done like this, but having to save households every time tends to bloat my gallery with copies of the same household, which I'd rather not have to deal with unless I've actually changed something within the household.

Perhaps there could be an option in menu that loads into worlds instead of CAS for new games, but I will suggest this option should be not be the default setting, as it might be hard to navigate for new players with no prior experience.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,800 Member
    I made mention of the fact that sometimes I just want to build. I was hoping they could give us a way to bypass CAS in this instance. I hope I'm not the only one who wants this. I asked for a button to be able to bypass the process and go straight into a world.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/