Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,932 Member
    After like a month of hand recovery, here's another update on the busy life of Emmeline Sterling-Rico, my 24-in-24 (or 23 since I don't have the required pack for one item) checklist challenge sim!

Having her parents come to visit when her twins were born was a great comfort to Emmeline.

But maybe a week is too long a visit. After all, by then a baby is almost a toddler.

Jules was getting gray hair
    03-16-24-8-18-17-PM.png

Emmeline's kid sister Alaina aged up
    "Mom? Dad? I can't remember what our house looks like anymore. And shouldn't I be going to school?"
    03-17-24-12-23-42-PM.png
    Abram's mother-in-law was being a little too intrusive about his private life
    Screen-Shot-2024-03-17-at-2-31-38-PM.png

So it was time for them to go back home to Evergreen Harbor.
    03-17-24-12-54-05-PM.png

Emmeline and Abram were okay. They were in a good groove with parenthood by now
    03-16-24-7-28-38-PM.png

And it was nice to have their home to themselves again.
    03-17-24-1-58-05-PM.png

(Hmm, it seems the in-laws weren't ready to be done with baby care though...)
    Screen-Shot-2024-03-17-at-6-35-04-PM.png

Emmeline continued to love her job. Plus, being the lab manager means you can put a bed in your office and no one can tell you not to.
    03-17-24-12-47-15-PM.png

While working on a rocket Emmeline suddenly had two great ideas about what it could be used for.
    Screen-Shot-2024-03-17-at-12-49-24-PM.png

The first was immediately achievable
    Screen-Shot-2024-03-17-at-3-23-56-PM.png
    Screen-Shot-2024-03-17-at-3-25-00-PM.png

The second would take some more work.
    03-17-24-3-12-54-PM.png

The designs looked like they might possibly allow for rapid interstellar travel. Emmeline felt like she should test it out herself before revealing it to her labmates or writing any papers though. It was potentially a scary prospect.
    Screen-Shot-2024-03-17-at-3-12-37-PM.png

She and Abram got a sitter to "go to the Spice Festival".

They did attend the festival long enough to have a quick dinner
    "But what if you were on the cusp of doing something truly scary? How would you cope with the prospect of death then?"
    "Lady, I don't know you..."
    03-17-24-5-58-31-PM.png

Since the whole neighborhood was at the festival, the docks were pretty quiet.
    Perfect place for some unofficial testing.
    03-17-24-6-00-23-PM.png

The center of the device whorled into action. Emmeline's stomach churned.
    03-17-24-6-02-28-PM.png

"What's wrong?" asked Abram.
    "I just can't get it to go into the next mode-- the math should work but nothing is happening--"
    "I hope you don't mind if I fish while you work on that. Consider me emotional support. Also I want to know what kind of terrifying mutant fish we might be able to catch here."

She couldn't get it working. They went home exhausted. Abram didn't even catch anything.
    Screen-Shot-2024-03-17-at-6-03-02-PM.png
    I found out that Emmeline actually needs to be level 10 in the scientist career to make this work.

But one of Emmeline's unofficial experiments did bear fruit! Or, flower
    03-17-24-1-18-49-PM.png

Hah. Now they can try some truly scary stuff.

Abram was still not completely satisfied with the stay-at-home dad life
    Screen-Shot-2024-03-17-at-1-07-35-PM.png

But he did have a chance to get out to Alien Night at the bar on his own and meet some other members of his species. He had always kept himself apart from the other alien kids in school, preferring to blend in, but now that he had two little blue children to raise, he was starting to feel differently.
    03-17-24-1-08-41-PM.png

Twinning is winning! Leo and Ivy became toddlers <3
    03-17-24-6-38-33-PM.png

I think only one of them likes grilled cheese, but Emmeline will keep them both.
    03-17-24-6-37-31-PM.png
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,482 Member
    @mightysprite
    Lol the “” around Kickboxing in Bess’ text makes it even funnier. Love that shot of them on the couch in front of the fireplace.
    "Lady, I don't know you…"
    🤣 Bess and Jules with another child on the way😲
    Very fun update, and glad your hand is recovering
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,997 Member
    @BlueSeaWaves ,
    mmm , Im not sure Pico is so impressed over the ladies now, they seem to think only about eachother.. I think he has certain words to share with Tal, when they meet next ... Or Mochi too will do...
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,104 Member
    edited April 24
    @Brd709 I thought the bug was that she was constantly calling households with no infants in them, didn’t know she was refusing to leave too

@BlueSeaWaves A few times prior to the update, she would call the same day after the previous stayover had finished. I took the chance and let her stay although she didn't arrive until midnight the next day (instead of the start time 3.25pm start time) she was actually a good helper. I just hope i haven't re-ignited this old bug!
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu
    But they haven't seen each other in a while, Pico 🥹 They still love him. He's taking notes to share with Tal and Mochi 😆 which btw
    I'm hoping to have these two meet soon 😁

@Brd709 Lol she was late but at least helpful. Fingers crossed no issues there 🤞
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves
    But they haven't seen each other in a while, Pico
    Lousy excuse, ask any dog :p:D

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,694 Member
    edited April 24
    The Party, a NEW Erik Cantrell Save

The call went out for the guests to gather for the First Dance. Sadly, the Guests were having way too much fun with the bubbles, almost like children, making Harmony nearly regret her decision putting the protection of the birds, first. No rice would they throw just to have the winged beings swoop down and eat, the end results being the rice bloats up in their bellies, and could possibly kill them.

So, the couple started the dance without them.
    “Let’s just dance, all right?” Travis said. “Trying to round up this bunch is a lot like herding cats.”
    RqTMuED.jpg
    “Don’t I know it,” Harmony laughed. “We’re all just too independent.”
    5cdqSYj.jpg

“My father used to complain all of the time at just how difficult it was to get the plenary to enact a law... I wish my Father was here . . .”
    QUJnghz.jpg
    “He’s here in spirit, I promise you. And your mother, too. I know both of them would be so proud of you.”
    To that Travis just quietly nodded.

The only regret to this decision, was that for the very first time, they got through the whole thing without a single flaw. They were just winding up the dance by the time people found their way downstairs.
    hoZNc8D.jpg

K8xXBYo.jpg

Once everyone was on the main floor, they settled into their allotted dining room to eat.
    759KooL.jpg
    2bFjvwA.jpg

The Archbishop sat with them and called for a toast.
    xdWc6Vu.jpg
    “May you grow old together, in health and happiness. With many children ‘round about your table.”

aFe93ws.jpg

As the evening grew long, it was time to cut and serve cake. They learned at their rehearsal dinner that waiting too long to serve the dessert, guests would just call it a night and leave. And the family burdened with all of that huge cake, as a result. Both her father and older brother were constantly keeping tabs on their physique, being in the limelight as each were. And there mother worked to keep her figure, too.

Across from the tables in this room, was an archway leading into a small secluded alcove. The couple called for their guests to gather for the cake cutting, only to recognize moments later, it was a bit too crowded. Still, they carried on. They wanted this room specifically for this alcove.
    uxOj5x5.jpg

“Tradition dictates I help you with this. It’s to be our first act together as man and wife. Man and wife, I can’t believe we’re finally married. Seems like a dream.”
    nCqXS0q.jpg

“I love how you remember these little details,” Harmony said, with a smile.
    fwdiaUF.jpg
    UonR95v.jpg

The morning stars were out by the time the family left His Majesty’s Table. All had fun, Kayleigh danced so much she needed to remove her shoes, Instead, she waited until Erik drove the Hovercraft around the front and they all got inside. This was a wedding none would soon forget.

mePIBDM.jpg

All for now. Thanks for reading! :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    @GalacticGal , Harmony is a beautiful bride :) I love the cake pictures.

• Options
    edited April 24
    @BlueSeaWaves
    When you said froze to death, I thought you meant they actually froze to death. :open_mouth: Phew! Fun update.

@mightysprite
    Wow, that was jam-packed fun. And I'm very glad that Emmeline will keep both of her little blue wee ones, even though Grilled Cheese, for one of them was an epic fail. Toddlers can often be picky, and some do grow out of it. Hang in there. I hope your hand is doing well.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    @GalacticGal , Harmony is a beautiful bride :) I love the cake pictures.

Thank you so much. I had a better time, with this second attempt to play through a wedding. :)
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,944 Member
    @mightysprite I'm happy your hand is healing. I missed seeing your updates with Emmeline. It's good to be the boss, sometimes. 🤣

@luciusstorm Herding cats or toddlers on a sugar rush is the only tasks harder than getting two or more sims to follow orders. 🙂

@RedDestiny92 Brady looks so adorable 🥰

@Ellupelluellu Julia is sooo not into Knox. 😆 I'm looking forward to more of her story!

@GalacticGal What a beautiful ceremony! Harmony is a lovely bride. ❤️

@Lucy_Henley I keep forgetting about Mysterious weather day. I don't think I've ever had one in my game. Congrats to the birthday boy! 🥳

@BlueSeaWaves Thank you. ❤️ I'm learning to embrace free cam mode. 🙂 My game needs more Kyle! Everyone's a critic. 😆 I love seeing Cat and Alexis together. 🥰

@Caerfinon I love the bargain. 😆

• Options
    @Ellupelluellu Pico their new biggest hater 😂 They’ll make it up to him y7OHxcM.png

@GalaticGal Fun events after the wedding, the dancing and the cake cutting ☺️
    Haha no if they came close to freezing I would’ve closed the game. They just kept turning blue, had to keep removing the moodlet and after removing it a few times I had to accept it

@DaniRose2143 Thank you I love having them together☺️ I don’t want to think of Cat leaving but she has to save Kyle from ranch duties.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,932 Member
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves Or does she need to save the ranch from Kyle?

Taking a quick break from the storytelling work. I paid a visit to Aurora and the girls.
    WX82xZi.jpg
    ADyiDmL.jpg
    QQHe7uJ.jpg
  • Options
    @mightysprite , I somehow missed your update, I apologise :) Funny update, the poor dude in spice fest, lol :smiley: And congrats to Bess and Jules, an eveningstar <3 they have 2 toddlers in my main save.

LMAO at keeping them both , even if only other one likes grilled cheese :D

@DaniRose2143 , aww ... the animals are all so cute <3

• Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,665 Member
    @BlueSeaWaves and @DaniRose2143... my problem with the pizza thing is, while I get can them to all grab a slice, they promptly scatter to different parts of the house to eat said slice. There doesn't seem to be any way of controlling where they'll go to sit and eat. If I try to route the wayward diners to the seat I want them to have, they still complete their autonomous seating journey, take a bite and then gather things up and move. By the time they arrive where I want them, everyone else has long finished eating and is cleaning up. This time, I'm going to yield... I'll work around it.

Yeah, so I'm falling behind again... at least it looks like I have not one but two of @GalacticGal's chapters to go back and read. Which I will do, hopefully later today, because I really want to see what happens. Sorry.

For everyone else, also sorry. I'll make sure to leave lots of Awesomes because you're all Awesome. :)
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    edited April 25
    @Ellupelluellu Thank you 😊

@luciusstorm There is mod called ’Steady Sit’, I can’t remember the name of the creator, but it works. They will sit still until you tell them to move. I used it for the last award show with Danielle and Londyn. They stayed seated until their names were called.
  • Options
    edited April 25
    @DaniRose2143 Thank you. I love her dress. It's so Sleeping Beauty!

@BlueSeaWaves Thank you. I was just so thrilled to get photos this time around. One day, maybe it won't be necessary to do a 'dry run' prior to an acceptable real event. LOL

@luciusstorm No worries.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,104 Member
    I love the play on words of my sim self's grandson Eric's last name in this notification!
    ogejyus.png
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143
    Or does she need to save the ranch from Kyle?
    🤣 Its starting to make sense why Tal took him to the other side of the map and left him there while he hurried back home
    Careful sleeping there Piccolo, Tal hasn’t worn his hat in a while, seeing Peanut in hers makes me so happy ☺️
    Also is it this one? Having patrons actually sit at their tables at diners would be amazing https://www.patreon.com/posts/mod-steady-sit-83645525

@Brd709 Gallagherade, it plays well on the name! Thats awesome
  • Options
    edited April 25
    @BlueSeaWaves I’m like 99% sure that’s the one. It works fantastically. 😃 I really enjoy the seat any sim feature. For those who haven’t seen it, if you click on a seat it brings up a list of all the sims in the area and you can choose where to seat them. I found that feature right near the end of the award ceremony. 😆
  • Options
    @mightysprite , here are todds of Jules and Bess in my game. Ben and Jules Jr.
    tTnNOiS.png

• Options
    Brd709 wrote: »
    I love the play on words of my sim self's grandson Eric's last name in this notification!
    ogejyus.png

Even zooming the page to 200 I couldn't read the message in the screenshot. :(
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu Ben and Jules Jr are so cute! 🥰

@GalacticGal His character created a drink called Gallagherade. 😊
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 674 Member
    We only think we are training them, but they are really training us.

hhjq1yY.png
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top