Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch: April 16.

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,401 EA Community Manager
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I just heard from Sim Yin that since the patch update some people are missing items from some of the packs. Anybody know if that is because people are using CC or mods? Or if it’s happening in a vanilla game too?

I play vanilla, but played offline last night, decided to wait till I get the new kits to update.

This may be in reference to an error that was popping up if you installed the first, but not the second of the two patches that were released yesterday.

The second patch resolved an issue with the game (falsely) throwing an error that some content was unavailable or missing.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 257 Member
    Sticks head out of bunker and sniffs the air.

A patch? to patch the patch?

Dives back into the bunker and goes and plays offline for another couple of days.

See ya's.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,998 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »
    I just heard from Sim Yin that since the patch update some people are missing items from some of the packs. Anybody know if that is because people are using CC or mods? Or if it’s happening in a vanilla game too?

I play vanilla, but played offline last night, decided to wait till I get the new kits to update.

I've played since the patch and i've not had any warnings about missing or removed items.

Thank you!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,800 Member
    What was really a surprise to me, is that after I changed the saves file for the backup one, I had to patch a second time. I had no idea that said patches goes into the saves file. That is the ONLY thing I changed. I did not repair the game this time. I may do it today, however, after MWS wasn't truly functioning.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,149 Member
    edited April 18
    At this point I went back to the habit of the older gamer generation. Never play on a patchday! :D
  • Options
    What was really a surprise to me, is that after I changed the saves file for the backup one, I had to patch a second time. I had no idea that said patches goes into the saves file. That is the ONLY thing I changed. I did not repair the game this time. I may do it today, however, after MWS wasn't truly functioning.

@ GalacticGal is your MWS functioning functioning now?
  • Options
    EA_Cade wrote: »

This may be in reference to an error that was popping up if you installed the first, but not the second of the two patches that were released yesterday.

The second patch resolved an issue with the game (falsely) throwing an error that some content was unavailable or missing.

@EA_Cade. Thanks so much that explains it!
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,228 Member
    Daravi wrote: »
    At this point I went back to the habit of the older gamer generation. Never play on a patchday! :D

That EA app is a sneaky sucker..beware. I haven't loaded my sims 4 game since For Rent and my game is waiting to update the minute I load it. I turned off automatic update too late and now the update is looming over my game. 😭
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 717 Member
    @MiataPlay If you put the EA app in offline mode. You can launch the game and the update will not load.
    p1isQmZ.png
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations | 🌌Galaxy Far Away - Adventures on Batuu | 🌃Dark Matters - Crime stories
    My CC: 🎨 Caerfinon's Sims 4 Custom Content
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,228 Member
    Yes you are right! I usually play offline but sometimes I go online to post memories in my sims 3 game onto my sims 3 page. That's when it got me! :p
  • Options
    edited April 22
    Well, I did it.
    I updated the game yesterday.
    My PC didn't blow up.
    All the little ones and zero;s are still safe on the hard drive, and the game runs like it should.

Edit,
    Oh and yes, I usually play offline too.
    I use a cunningly crafted special game load for online stuff, only to go to the gallery for "plunder".
    That game is bare, all lots bulldozed and a single EA made sim not in world, just so the game will save.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,916 Member
    I was in the middle of building a house and the whole game closed down and the patch was installed. I've turned off the Delivery service altogether. Luckily I had saved the house a couple of additions before but still lost a lot. Very annoyed.
  • Options
    Simburian wrote: »
    I was in the middle of building a house and the whole game closed down and the patch was installed. I've turned off the Delivery service altogether. Luckily I had saved the house a couple of additions before but still lost a lot. Very annoyed.

Ouch.
    It's that kind of thing that made me disable all automatic features in the EA app.
    The delivery stuff only checks first game start of any day, and, has to ask my permission to actually download.
    And, EA can't snoop in my PC due to some cunning edits in my firewalling.
    No, I don't trust the big corporations much.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,470 Member
    I started up my game and the patch started downloading immediately. I have automatic game updates disabled! I know the settings and have a habit of postponing updates for a few dates to get mods sorted. But this update seems to be more aggressive than usually and install anyway.

I am very disappointed about the fact that settings to disable automatic updates are ignored.

I hope EA starting the update without warning or asking permission, so before I removed my mods won't damage my game.
  • Options
    LittleMissLimosLittleMissLimos Posts: 26 Member
    Hi there, does anyone know if the game is stable now? Once I heard about all the glitches in the first patch and the 2 additional "E-Patches" that followed afterward, I chose not to update my game at all and simply play offline. I just want to make sure I don't have glitches or broken save files now just because I'm now updating it.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,987 Member
    @LittleMissLimos Define "stable" ?

(I don't intend to be snarky, but there are various glitches going on at all times-- which ones do you mean?)

There is a current list of open issues here
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Issues/m-p/3445209#M223825

• Options
    LittleMissLimosLittleMissLimos Posts: 26 Member
    @mightysprite Ha ha this is too true. I meant "stable" as in: If I update Sims 4, will I end up with corrupted saves just by opening them up and playing, or have major game-breaking errors or codes be thrown my way?

But I'm very grateful for the link, I will be sure to look through it unless you believe my above definition of "stable" is accurate
  • Options
    @mightysprite Ha ha this is too true. I meant "stable" as in: If I update Sims 4, will I end up with corrupted saves just by opening them up and playing, or have major game-breaking errors or codes be thrown my way?

But I'm very grateful for the link, I will be sure to look through it unless you believe my above definition of "stable" is accurate

I updated a couple of days ago.
    Mod folder chock full of CC and game play mods.
    Game seems "stable" so far, and, I have even started to build up a couple more game saves for rotational play.
    I'd say go for it, things seem to be about as stable as Maxis can make it for now.

I also took a look through that list of bugs, It's mind boggleing to see how much is actually going wrong for folks around the world.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    May I presume the smoke has cleared and dust settled? Trinity term began last week so have been otherwise occupied. Victorian literature seems calmer than simming of late.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,987 Member
    @LittleMissLimos This is the worst offender for save corruption
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Orange-Exclamation-signs-over-lots-Houses-disappear/m-p/10533991

It was an older rare bug, but now is way more frequent for people who bought For Rent.
    If you didn't buy For Rent, you're most likely safe.

This one also seems to affect mostly people with For Rent who changed a lot from residential rental to something else (so, again, is mostly a For Rent bug). There is a workaround described in post #2 by crinrict, but it requires the MCCC mod.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Lot-in-World-corrupts-Map-doesn-t-load-anymore/td-p/13299392
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,470 Member
    edited April 24
    shorty943p wrote: »

I updated a couple of days ago.
    Mod folder chock full of CC and game play mods.
    Game seems "stable" so far, and, I have even started to build up a couple more game saves for rotational play.
    I'd say go for it, things seem to be about as stable as Maxis can make it for now.

I also took a look through that list of bugs, It's mind boggleing to see how much is actually going wrong for folks around the world.

I think this sums it up pretty well. The game will never be bug free anymore. The huge amount of DLC has created a very wobbly tower that can tip over if pushed to hard. At this moment it seems to be in a decent state, better than it was with the crystal creation bug. (I don't own for rent, so I have less risk of the lot corruption bug.)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,800 Member
    edited April 24

@ GalacticGal is your MWS functioning functioning now?

I should disclose that I made another copy of the back up and put that one in. The game didn't update this second time. Phew. As for whether MWS, I have to say it was certainly better than the last time I attempted this wedding. However, again there was no dropdown. I made certain, too, when I set up the Event, that the goal box was checked. Must be something in my Mods folder running interference. This time when I sent the family to the venue, I had Erik take some of the Wedding Party with him, so at least they would be on site. I divided up the large group and did the same with the other Sims.

I left Peter at home with Michael, so they also traveled with a group, as it were. Didn't do what I had hoped it would do. Ah, me. I have no idea of what the possible stats are regarding mishaps at RL weddings, but something inevitably does go awry. I now have BE installed, so I'm no longer plagued with exception notices. Plus, I was able to update some mods that weren't okay with the patch. I'm a little concerned because the cc hair I use on Erik when he dresses up, is showing some kind of problem via BE. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/