Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horse Ranch Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 883 Member
    edited March 28
    @Umbreon12 please do share your pics. Either here or in the Horse Ranch screenshot thread. I absolutely love this pack.
    I will try, and figure out a way to do that. I got it for my console version for now, but I will try and keep posting about them. I may put some horses on the Gallery if I create some.
    I have been waiting for Horse Ranch to go on sale for ages.
    Edit: The Elsa and the Nokk from the Gallery were moved into the new world. The first time Elsa tried to get on the horse, she was kicked off. I had her try again, and she hated riding, but I made her do it anyway.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,903 Member
    Say hello to Angel. She's an Andalusian mare. New companion for Domino. I hope they get along. He's so extra. :D

T0haoAW.png
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,685 Member
    edited April 10
    Congrats @simgirl1010 on all those gold winnings! Is it possible to go for the ultimate champ multiple times, is there a cool down period? And I wonder what the value of Domino is now with such a great merit list. Not that I expect you to sell Domino, but anyway :) Will be interesting how his success will affect a foal.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks! @Simmerville The Ultimate Horse Championship is a one time competition. After you've qualified in barrel racing, endurance racing, show jumping, and wester pleasure the Ultimate Horse Championship becomes available. There are cool down periods for all the other categories, only once a day. I do have a mod for those categories which allows multiple tries per day.

Domino is currently worth $46,250.

Ernh5gf.png

I'm eager to see what Domino and Angel's foal will be like. I read an article on horse breeding and wish I'd read it before creating Angel because apparently horse traits matter in breeding.

Breedable Traits
    If you’re going to be delving into Sims 4 horse breeding for profit, you’ll need a good understanding of how to breed certain traits into your foals to increase their value. The benefit of Sims 4 horse breeding is that there are certain traits a horse can only get by being bred and raised from a foal.

https://simscommunity.info/2023/07/27/sims-4-horse-breeding-guide/

Domino and Angel seem to be getting along pretty well.

Zmm0Yhz.png

BIMuUHI.png
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,954 Member
    edited April 10
    Domino is currently worth $46,250.
    SELL!SELL! SELL!
    regards, Rosalie.

o:) ust Llamaing my business..-->
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu never. 😮 😄
  • Options
    Wow...! §46,000 - I think more of my finer families should be into this business! Such a pity I play on rotation an that they will probably need 10 real life years to reach as far as you did ;) Congrats on your achievement, it sounds like lots of fun!
  • Options
    I accidently deleted my ranch hand in Manage Households so the game generated a new one. Of course Domino couldn't wait to let her know about his championship status. :D

cBbNHD8.png
  • Options
    Time for another celebration!

1Ae6U1F.png

Angel is expecting!

UZjglay.png
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 , congrats, Domino and Angel <3

• Options
    Thanks @Ellupelluellu. I'm so excited. 😊 A bit disappointing that the foal is going to be an exact copy of either Domino or Angel but still curious to see which one.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,437 Member
    @simgirl1010 I am still working very hard on getting all the medals for the championship. If I remember correctly you had a mod that shortened the cool down between compititions. Would you be willing to tell me where to find it?
  • Options
    https://www.seebee.de/sims4me/index.php?list=0

No horse competition cool down.
  • Options
    I'm having fun arranging my "Queen Evez Championship", the event where aristocrats attend to watch show jumping and to show of their hats (royal Ascot, anyone?). This year the Crown Princess did sign up for the contest!

20240417d.jpg

The ten participants are all focusing on their equestrian skills these days, while the duchesses and their likes do polish their jewels and having the Maid prepare their floral hats. There's info on my blog, and I can't wait to post "live" from the event in a few days ;)
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,437 Member
    https://www.seebee.de/sims4me/index.php?list=0

No horse competition cool down.

Thank you
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,188 Member
    Congrats!!
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    Don Gooseman... no offence , but you clearly do not know how to ride a bike (feet).. stay with horses.. you control those better than my sim behind you.
    Hwawz2o.png

• Options
    @Ellupelluellu don't be too hard on him. Looks like he's just getting started. :D
  • Options
    Meet Domino and Angel's new foal, Annie.

ksilCGa.png

x6KyMUQ.png

GGzqO5b.png

0iayzIX.png

iqoQiSH.png

yXGspd4.png

Annie inherited the intelligent trait from both her parents, and the Mellow trait from Angel.
    l1HR92A.png
    Tp01mk5.png
  • Options
    A little tutorial on horse traits.

CAS Traits

Aggressive
    These Horses are cranky! They act meaner towards other Sims and are more difficult to train.

Brave
    These Horses tend to be stout of heart, unfazed by bad weather or danger. They also have a higher chance of succeeding when using Horse Jumps and Barrels.

Defiant
    These Horses tend to be more ornery when it comes to training and will develop skills more slowly. They also have a higher likelihood of failing Horse Jumps and Barrels.

Energetic
    These Horses are full of energy! They gain athletic skills faster but are slower to gain the Temperament Skill.

Fearful
    These Horses are afraid of everything and will often become spooked. Due to their fearful nature, it will take them longer to gain Temperament Skill.

Free Spirit
    These Horses thrive in the open outdoors and will become sad if left inside for too long.

Friendly
    These Horses love all things social! They are more likely to have positive social interactions.

Independent
    These Horses are content on their own and don’t need as much attention.

Intelligent
    These Horses are all-around rapid learners, giving them an increased gain of all skills. As an added bonus, they’re also brilliant conversationalists!

Mellow
    These Horses prefer relaxing over everything else! Because of their laid-back nature, they are quick to gain the Temperament Skill and slow to gain athletic skills.

Needy
    These Horses need social interaction often. They will frequently approach Sims in the hopes of getting their attention.

Reward Traits

Champion Horse
    A champion through and through! This Horse’s Foals will gain skills and that fighting spirit faster and have higher value.
    Rank on any Master Level competition. (Bronze, Silver or Gold) - Ultimate Championship is not required.

Well-Mannered Foal
    {Horse Name} got a good head start on Temperament skill as a foal, s/he is primed to learn more skills.
    Foals with high enough Temperament skill will obtain this upon becoming an adult horse. (It doesn't require to be maxed.)

Breedable Traits

Champion Genes
    Horses with Champion Genes have winner’s blood coursing through their veins! As a result, these Horses will gain skills faster and hold a higher Simoleon value than the average horse.
    At least one of the parents must have Champion Horse trait before breeding.

Curious
    These Horses are naturally more curious and enjoy exploring objects and using Horse Jumps and Barrels
    Random

Hardy
    These horses are born to run! They can train for long periods of time without getting fatigued and work up a horse-sized appetite.
    Random

Playful
    These Horses love playing with toys and other Sims!
    Random

https://gamerant.com/the-sims-4-horse-ranch-all-horse-traits-how-they-affect-gameplay/
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,881 Member
    @simgirl1010 Annie is beautiful! 🥰
  • Options
    Annie is a sweetie <3 , @simgirl1010

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,551 Member
    edited April 23
    I didn't know horses had a value. Duh! I have a sim in my rotation who is doing the racing champion aspiration but it will be slow going, playing her one week per sim year and she is also still in high school so only has time to race at weekends. She's got two gold and a silver so far... long, long way to go!
  • Options
    Thanks @DaniRose2143 and @Ellupelluellu. I love her already. 🥰
  • Options
    Congrats on the lovely foal! Such a nice family! :)

I finally had the time to arrange my Queen Evez Championship. It was great fun preparing the 10 contenders + dressing the crowd up in a touch of "royal ascot" way. Scores were based on skills + a dice representing "good luck". More pics and einfo on my blog.

One of the popular contenders at this year's event:
    20240423j.jpg

Everything needs to be a bit low scale in this game, I just pretended the audience was in the hundreds... ;)
    20240423a.jpg

And Malcolm Landgraab was there, mingling with the royals :)
    20240423u.jpg