Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crystal Creations Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Tiny question re the crystal tree (seed). Will it matter what crystal the seed was crafted from? Will a tree grown from Diamond seed mostly produce Diamond crops? Or is it totally random?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    I believe it's totally random. Mine is still growing and hasn't produced any crystals yet. I used a Jonquilyst crystal for mine.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    Tiny question re the crystal tree (seed). Will it matter what crystal the seed was crafted from? Will a tree grown from Diamond seed mostly produce Diamond crops? Or is it totally random?

It doesn't matter which crystal you use to make the seed. The tree will grow different type of crystals daily.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,853 Member
    I haven’t planted a crystal tree yet but I was wondering how many tiles does a full grown one take up? Both of my gemologists live on 20x15 lots with very little space.

I’m not above using money cheats to get them a bigger lot if needed.
  • Options
    Only one tile. It will fit in a planter.
  • Options
    edited March 19
    Only one tile. It will fit in a planter.

Thank you. I was worried that when it was fully grown it would have like a 3x3 or 4x4 base like regular trees which neither lot has space for.
  • Options
    Hmm 🤔 Now I'm wondering if it does require more space.
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 The full grown ones I’ve seen in screenshots look fairly big but I can’t get a good sense of how big.
  • Options
    yH2kvYn.png
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited March 22

@DaniRose2143
    In one game save I had 3 crystal trees fully grown in the 2x2 planters. If the trees are placed next to each other in a 2x2 planter, they will overlap. You need an extra 2x2 planter space between them to not overlap. I have no overlapping putting one tree on a 20x15 lot outside away from other trees.

If you have cottage living you can use the crop planter, I put a fully grown tree on one. But I didn't plant it there, so I don't know if it can be planted on a crop planter.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Quick question about jade. The description states that while wearing it, "sims will randomly find crystals while doing things around the house". What exactly are those things around the house that you need to do for the crystal to take effect? Because my two gemologists in two different households have been wearing jade jewellery for several days (always charging it at night), yet the only thing they ever got from it was an energetic moodlet. Both have assembled an impressive collection of crystals, finding them in the environment or buying them in the Magic Realm, but so far not a single one has randomly popped up in their inventory for wearing jade jewellery. Or do they show up somewhere else? Am I doing something wrong?
  • Options
    EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    me when i try to be positive about a new dlc:
    tumblr_nqhx6g8iqk1tlbf55o3_400.gif
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • Options
    Isabel completes the Curious Collector milestone of the Gemology aspiration by gifting her mother, Julianna, a piece of crafted jewelry.

pMDQuZO.png

F1KdKJF.png

CHA1kgH.png
  • Options
    That’s sweet of Isabel🥰
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    Quick question about jade. The description states that while wearing it, "sims will randomly find crystals while doing things around the house". What exactly are those things around the house that you need to do for the crystal to take effect? Because my two gemologists in two different households have been wearing jade jewellery for several days (always charging it at night), yet the only thing they ever got from it was an energetic moodlet. Both have assembled an impressive collection of crystals, finding them in the environment or buying them in the Magic Realm, but so far not a single one has randomly popped up in their inventory for wearing jade jewellery. Or do they show up somewhere else? Am I doing something wrong?
    I don’t know, but have you check household inventory? Also do you have room on your lot for things to spawn? I just assumed finding jewelry would be like gnomes showing up.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

When you have the penny pixies lot trait and sims find simoleons around the house, the sims will bend down and take a coin from the floor. Maybe this is similar. As for what you can do to find them, I imagine it could be things like cleaning and maybe gardening as that involves moving things around and you are more likely to find stuff that way.
  • Options
    grnblzgrnblz Posts: 249 Member
    I had my sim wearing jade and I think this is kind of a random thing. She was gardening and when she finished I had a popup that said she had found a crystal. I did not see her bend down to pick up anything. It just happened and went to her inventory. I would not have known she found anything without the popup. I do not think this is just the gardening though because later she was just walking through her house and found another crystal. All I got with either of those was a popup that said she found one.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    When you have the penny pixies lot trait and sims find simoleons around the house, the sims will bend down and take a coin from the floor. Maybe this is similar.
    That lot trait just adds money randomly to the household budget in my game, I've never seen anyone bend down to pick it up. That's why I assumed the crystal thing would be the same, and in fact, it has happened to me once since I wrote my last post. But only once, as in one single time and never again, even after running around with a fully charged jade bracelet for extended periods of time. That can't be normal, so my conclusion is that it must be bugged.

Another crystal that doesn't work as described is the quartz, which promises that "sims gain double satisfaction points when completing wants and aspirations". True for wants, not so much for checking goals off the aspiration bucket list, the amount of satisfaction point remains the same. Tested it with mods off.

Anyway, this is where I'll stop turning the positive thoughts thread into the bug reporting thread. I just wanted to let everyone know the results of my experiments, and I'll finish with this image of my lovely (if slightly invisible) crystal tree.

Kristallbaum-Bug.jpg
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    When you have the penny pixies lot trait and sims find simoleons around the house, the sims will bend down and take a coin from the floor. Maybe this is similar.
    That lot trait just adds money randomly to the household budget in my game, I've never seen anyone bend down to pick it up.

Could be they changed it, I haven't played with it in a while. I remember first time I saw it it happened while the sim was climbing stairs and I was very amused by what just happened.

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    grnblz wrote: »
    I had my sim wearing jade and I think this is kind of a random thing. She was gardening and when she finished I had a popup that said she had found a crystal. I did not see her bend down to pick up anything. It just happened and went to her inventory. I would not have known she found anything without the popup. I do not think this is just the gardening though because later she was just walking through her house and found another crystal. All I got with either of those was a popup that said she found one.

There are other situations in game where sims find items, without actually picing them up. Like when in Horse Ranch you cut praerie grass, your sim will find lots of different stuff, but this is just added to inventory and with a pop-up info top-right corner, no animation. I assume it is the same when finding simoleons when the lot trait allows for it. And, the dusty pack had something like finding coins too, or?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Since Juliette has a very successful retail establishment, Rejuvenate, Isabel has enlisted her help in getting her jewelry store, Eternal Elegance Designs, up and running.

Opening day.

C1prPXD.png
  • Options
    Wishing Juliette and Isabel all the best for their businesses.😊 It looks like they’re off to a great start!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    They look so elegant @simgirl1010 :blush:
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    @simgirl1010 , they look awesome B)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Thanks y'all. 😊

Getting that shot made me remember why I hadn't used poses in a while. 😄 I wanted to do a sitting pose but couldn't get it set up properly.

Then after spending an hour CC shopping for little black dresses I found these two perfectly suitable ones already in game.