Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA is taking down the Sims Forum Soon, please follow me on Tumbr for future news on my custom worlds

Here's the link guys
Damienf519 on Tumblr

Comments

• Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,443 Member
    edited February 12
    Maybe we can all start posting links to our various blogs, YouTube channels, etc. so everyone can keep track of everyone. I am always at Mod the Sims, but you can check me out at Tumblr as well or https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKnO6yg3QfXbcx7CkjMfeCw and site, The Sims Depot.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,000 Member
    @ts1depot
    I hope we all do and I really hope that we can save a significant number of the Sims 3 worlds that are currently only available via the forums.
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member
    edited February 14
    Posting here to provide links to all of my blog sites (located in my signatures). Although from what I understand, "What happened in your sims 3 game today?" is one of the forums that will survive this restructuring of the forums.
  • Options
    edited February 26
    If anyone's interested, you can also maybe drop by MTS. Some of us post there, and the more the merrier! :D
    Post edited by ts1depot on
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    Sorry for my ignorance @ts1depot, but what is MTS? I don’t think I’ve heard of it before
  • Options
    edited February 26
    Damienf519 wrote: »
    Sorry for my ignorance @ts1depot, but what is MTS? I don’t think I’ve heard of it before

Mod The Sims.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    @ts1depot
    Thanks. Sorry I can't believe I didn't get that immediately
  • Options
    edited February 26
    @Damienf519 : Sorry, but I am pulling my recommendation of Mod the Sims as of today. I've been posting at the site for years without any issues, but it seems as if recently, the site started getting a lot of posts from unstable people. (Maybe because they knew this site was closing and went there or it's a full moon out?) Yes, you will have people like that on *any* site, but the problem is that it seems as if the policy at the forum just remove their unstable posts and allow their accounts to stand, even though they spent days making paranoid accusations, cursing people out or making nonsensical posts about a fixation they have about a certain sim. I can't support a forum that thinks it's okay to have people like this be part of any community.

What's so embarrassing about all this is that I defended the forum last week when someone else said that it had a negative reputation. So now I have egg on my face.

Keep in mind that the site itself--with all its tutorials and downloads--is still invaluable. But forget about the forums, at least for now.

EDITED FOR CLARIFICATION
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    edited February 26
    @ts1depot That's so upsetting. Perhaps you should contact EA directly and complain to them. Perhaps that will do something. I came across this one guy, I think they were a teenager ( can't remember if they were a girl or a boy, it doesn't matter ), they kept posting straight up hardcore naughty images on this cite and it took awhile for EA to punished them for it

In the meantime this other user kept lengthening their twits in such a way as to try to hide the other guys in appropriate adult content so that children would not see them
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,147 Member
    Mod The Sims isn't an EA site, so I don't think that would help much.
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    @ts1depot That's so upsetting. Perhaps you should contact EA directly and complain to them. Perhaps that will do something. I came across this one guy, I think they were a teenager ( can't remember if they were a girl or a boy, it doesn't matter ), they kept posting straight up hardcore naughty images on this cite and it took awhile for EA to punished them for it

In the meantime this other user kept lengthening their twits in such a way as to try to hide the other guys in appropriate adult content so that children would not see them

This happened at Mod The Sims, not this or any other EA site. I'm sorry that I didn't mention it before. I guess I had a brain fart when I was typing out my response and forgot to be more specific.

I remember when there was a huge problem at this site with X-rated images, which is why they had to implement the post count minimum.

EiFlric.png
  • Options
    @Sprottenham
    @ts1depot

Sorry for misunderstanding. I thought you were talking about the new forums for some reason, guessing that you had been give a preview of them somehow
  • Options
    edited February 26
    @Sprottenham
    @ts1depot

Sorry for misunderstanding. I thought you were talking about the new forums for some reason, guessing that you had been give a preview of them somehow

@Damienf519 The new forums at EA Answers HQ are fine. They've been around forever, actually, and I used to lurk/post there. Everyone can start posting there right now, as a matter of fact, because it's been up and running awhile, but only for technical questions: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/the-sims-3-general-discussion-en

EiFlric.png
  • Options
    Thanks @ts1depot