Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

San Sequoia World Discussion

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    SimTresa wrote: »
    You just need to look for a bigger lot that accommodates the lot you're trying to place down entirely, then you can rotate it any way you want. You can even place the same lot several times in a larger lot. But I agree that it's easier to just download lots that were created for that specific lot address. Even so, I've seen people on Youtube build with the front of the house facing backwards to the back of the lot because the lightning was better on that side of the lot and it looked better on Youtube.

Wait! Maybe I'm not fully understanding that statement you made.

Do you mean, let's say for example. I have a house on a 20x15 lot and I want to place 2 of those houses on a bigger lot (like a 40x30 lot), so there's technically twin houses on one lot?

If that's what you mean?

And if so how do you do that? Whenever I place a lot it deletes the current lot.

Save the smaller house as a room. As long as you place that room on a larger lot, you can fit more than one. If it has multiple floors, save each floor separately. To turn it into a room, delete some interior walls. I've done this with entire basements, so the only limit is the size of the lot. It's also how people are able to save apartments to the gallery.

Yes, this basically. Place the lot, then turn each floor into a room and copy as many times you need. This lot below took about 10 minutes to set up, and there are four rooms in each tiny house.

qCyTxMi.png

x8rv2Fv.png

But does it recognize each house and an individual lot?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,434 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    You just need to look for a bigger lot that accommodates the lot you're trying to place down entirely, then you can rotate it any way you want. You can even place the same lot several times in a larger lot. But I agree that it's easier to just download lots that were created for that specific lot address. Even so, I've seen people on Youtube build with the front of the house facing backwards to the back of the lot because the lightning was better on that side of the lot and it looked better on Youtube.

Do you mean, let's say for example. I have a house on a 20x15 lot and I want to place 2 of those houses on a bigger lot (like a 40x30 lot), so there's technically twin houses on one lot?

If that's what you mean?

And if so how do you do that? Whenever I place a lot it deletes the current lot.

Save the smaller house as a room. As long as you place that room on a larger lot, you can fit more than one. If it has multiple floors, save each floor separately. To turn it into a room, delete some interior walls. I've done this with entire basements, so the only limit is the size of the lot. It's also how people are able to save apartments to the gallery.

Yes, this basically. Place the lot, then turn each floor into a room and copy as many times you need. This lot below took about 10 minutes to set up, and there are four rooms in each tiny house.

qCyTxMi.png

x8rv2Fv.png

No, it's same lot, one address, one mailbox, and one bill for all houses. You can set each house to be used by different sims by placing door restrictions, or you could play them with the roommate feature and door restrictions.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Thanks for the explanation and clarification @SimTresa & @crocobaura!

That's not what I thought you were meaning, I have done that before and it's sorta fiddly (at least for me it was). I thought you meant the actual lot, as in trees, landscaping, terrain paint, etc, the full entire lot could be placed several times, not just making rooms.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

If that's what you mean?

qCyTxMi.png

x8rv2Fv.png

No, it's same lot, one address, one mailbox, and one bill for all houses. You can set each house to be used by different sims by placing door restrictions, or you could play them with the roommate feature and door restrictions.

okay. Yeah. done that before with "townhomes and duplexes". So there's really no point to it.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @fullspiral, It depends on what your goal is with the families you move in. I built and use apartments and duplexes. I move in families/singles that I want to have develop close relationships with each other, whether friends or romantic. I don't mind that they enter each other's home, just let them "invite" each other to meals and open up more opportunities for their relationship to develop. At least we can designate a bed so they sleep in their own home and beds. And I lock the computers so they use their own. It works for me that way as I want the relationships to develop fast. It would be nice though if we could have the ability to designate separate apartments for them, but this way I can keep an eye on both families without having to switch back and forth to make each active. It is a challenge and I enjoy it. But I plan to restrict the townshouses to two per lot, which allows each family up to 2 children each. Then I might move them to separate lots if I want them to have more, but their relationship will be high by then so they can remain close with their neighbor/friends.
  • Options
    arletaarleta Posts: 54 Member
    I’m often brutally honest. Getting any world in Sims 4 is great. Can’t say much about this one until it actually comes out. I personally was a bit disappointed. It looks very similar to San Mushino (forgive the spelling). I rather that there is more, but smaller lots then large lots. I would like more 20x20 or 20x15 lots which allows me to also utilize tiny living more. Also, with a city like feel I wish there were apartments. I though Moonwood was such a beautiful, original creation even though it’s not that large. It was more interactive then any world before it. This looks underwhelming so far and a bit of a step back. I might be wrong once it comes out. Maybe it’s more interesting then it looks. I really would like the sims team to just add a empty world like newcrest again. I like the smaller, more realistic challenging lots. I’d like to build cheaper homes, maybe even create a trailer park with more then one lot. It be nice to be able to build apartments. I get there are some challenges with that, but they can be limits to what you can build. Also, I’d like more retail spaces included in worlds. I find my sim shopping and me building stores enriching to the game experience. It introduces game play and creativity. (However retails system needs serious overhaul). tartosa (I know spelling) added some retail. I’m not a fan of the window shopping v. Retail store shopping but it’s better then spontaneous inventory magic.For example Grocery shopping or toy shopping is a nice option to add to family dynamics. My two cents.
  • Options
    RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 135 Member
    Does anyone know what the climate for San Sequoia will be like? Even though it’s based on the Bay Area, I hope it’s able to snow in winter and that the leaves change color in autumn.

I’ve noticed that in the last few worlds like Moonwood Mill, the world is glitched so the leaves don’t change in autumn. So I’m hoping San Sequoia will make up for that and provide seasonal changes in autumn and winter.
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    You can even place the same lot several times in a larger lot.

What a great idea! I've never thought of doing that. Can you place two different 20x20 lots in a 40x20 space?, let's say? I'd consider that, too.

Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited March 2023
    You can even place the same lot several times in a larger lot.

What a great idea! I've never thought of doing that. Can you place two different 20x20 lots in a 40x20 space?, let's say? I'd consider that, too.

Well it would be two 18x19 (gotta leave a gap) rooms, not lots, but sure. Just be careful to place the first one right along the sides and corners of the lot.
    image.png
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Btw can you add the world map and lot sizes to the opening post so its easier to find I keep trying to guess which page they're on :lol:

like this at least
    FqVA4LZXwAAFfYy?format=jpg&name=large

seems like its possibly the 40x20 lot the one surrounded by the roads interesting
    that 64x64 is gonna be death of me though
    I already know I'm gonna be wasting so many hours on it only to bulldoze it probably 100 times

40*20 will be my own townhouse! B)

That's a good choice! The more I study this map the more I like the lot placements 😌
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,408 Member
    With Early Access starting Tomorrow I'm hoping the Game Changers will do tours of this world. The livestream didn't go as in depth. I even want to see the places that don't have lots but sims can still travel to.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Has anyone found any other world tours other than The English Simmer?
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,995 Member
    edited March 2023

this is interesting
    I just might move the rec center to the nearby smaller lot actually

trying to fill that big lot with a building rather worries me but it could make nice park perhaps for all the outdoorsy family activities
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @MichelleW I believe lilsimsie has one.
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,763 Member
    I saw some videos of lots on the edge of water in San Sequoia and I’m wondering if Sims can interact with that water by wading in or fishing?? I saw one lot with a dock in the back but I believe Plumbella said you couldn’t use it at all?? What a waste.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    edited March 2023
    After watching the videos about the world overview, I am desperately disappointed...If you like the rabbit-hole, give us more, such as the greenhouse for attending gardening class, the houses near docks selling something or as the teleport trigger, like werewolf tunnels or the lighthouse in Brindleton Bay. few lots and large-scale useless shells... I am tired of repeating what I have said in this thread.
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,763 Member
    Remember the Rabbit holes in TS3?? They were so extensive. Seems like a lot of the neighbouhhood is a little empty as you’re unable to interact with it
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    If Britechester was designed to be British, that explains the canal boats that frequently pass by my sims house 🤣.
    I don’t know how well traveled all the dev’s are. I’m sure it’s probably easier to make a place that you are familiar with. And if they are like most of us in the U. S. many have lived in dorms in the states.

I think they said they travel on location when they build a world, to get pictures and inspiration. They did that for Batuu.

What, did they travel to Naboo or Tatooine or something?
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited March 2023
    taydev wrote: »
    If Britechester was designed to be British, that explains the canal boats that frequently pass by my sims house 🤣.
    I don’t know how well traveled all the dev’s are. I’m sure it’s probably easier to make a place that you are familiar with. And if they are like most of us in the U. S. many have lived in dorms in the states.

I think they said they travel on location when they build a world, to get pictures and inspiration. They did that for Batuu.

Where is the Star Wars theme park?
    Disney's Hollywood Studios
    Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at Disney's Hollywood Studios in Orlando, Florida.

I think that's where they visited and based the pack on but I could be wrong.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,434 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »

Yes, the Disney park not Tatooine. :lol: Batuu is a copy of the park.
  • Options
    Me2106Me2106 Posts: 9 New Member
    So I know Simsie and Deli made lots for the pack, but who are the other two that made lots?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,981 Member
    Me2106 wrote: »
    So I know Simsie and Deli made lots for the pack, but who are the other two that made lots?

Just one other I believe
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »

Yes, the Disney park not Tatooine. :lol: Batuu is a copy of the park.

Ok gotcha :D i forgot about the Disney park