Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What rain/snow options do you use in your game?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    All enabled, rain and thunderstorms & snow and blizzards
    I turn thunderstorms off when my Sims are camping or need to be outdoors a lot (when searching for collectibles, for example). However, that's the exception - normally, I like the weather to vary and occasionally ruin my Sims' plans for the day.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I play with all of these options enabled, even though during thunderstorms and blizzards my game tends to lag from time to time, but it doesn't bother me. It only happens once or twice and then it's over. I guess I like it more this way because it adds realism to the whole thing.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited November 2019
    Just rain & snow
    I am terrified of thunder irl, so I have no desire to experience it in my game. Blizzards are just boring to me.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,192 Member
    I just love storms.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,515 Member
    Other combination
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Everything enabled but I have modded the game to have less rain.

Thank Llama for mods <3

What mod do you use to have less rain? It sounds interesting for some worlds.

lessrainmoresun by Bienchen. She has so many good mods, she is here on the forum as well.

https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/jahreszeiten-seasons/

Thank you. I will go and check that mod out.
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    I use everything, but I modded out Strange Weather (I don't need snow in summer, or other wacky stuff), and tweaked some of the other weathers so they matched each season a bit better. I also use someone's mod that gets rid of lightning strikes on objects (too many), one that gets rid of the pokey blizzard walk style, and one that lets electronics stay out and work in the rain. AND one that gets rid of the umbrellas, because they make interactions so hard. AND I modded the length of the uncomfortably wet buff so it isn't so long and doesn't last until you see them next time, and made them stop running inside just because it's a blizzard.
    It's a lot of work using all the weathers in my game, actually.
  • Options
    musteni wrote: »
    I'm quite surprised that I seem to be the only one utilizing these in game options. I've seen so many people complain about it raining too much. From my experience having just rain and snow makes seasons really enjoyable and balances out the weather nicely. I suspect that the game just slaps on those days with thunder instead of taking the rainy days and adding thunder to some of those. The result is that it rains very often. That said I also think I will try turning blizzards and thunder on again at some point. I miss the lightnings and I'm not against a bit of a challenge either.

I liked the rain, too, but there did seem to be too much of it. But once I built porches with overhangs, it became nice spending time out there while it rained.
  • Options
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Different seasonal annoyances for different neighborhoods. OS, only rain and thunderstorms, no snow, WC gets everything, Sulani gets no snow of course, the rest get the brunt of the weather. :D With that being said, MCCC has a great idea, click on the mailbox to get the weather you want, much easier to use than the weather machine and cheaper too.

That's a thing? If so, then I might get Seasons, after all! I'm often using Sims 4 to set up picture stories, so I need to be able to summon exactly the season and weather I want. And dismiss it again at a whim. Is that possible with MCCC (I already have MCCC, just not Seasons EP)?

As for the poll, no weather at all atm for control freak reasons. I swap seasonal mods in and out for environmental changes and my weather consists of buyable, placeable rain and snow whenever needed.

You couldn't have weather with just mccc; it just gives you an option to control it with the mailbox. But there is a weather machine you can buy inside seasons that controls the weather, too.
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    I have all enabled, I like the randomness of it all. But I have 1 week seasons, and sometimes the rain during summers can get a bit much, so I've started using MCCC a little bit, just to let my sims see the sun sometimes ;)
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I adore storms and made many of my sims storm chasers. With Dr Junes Weather machine to drop on a community lot, mermaids weather changing and 'climatio' from a lovely modder for witches there's lots of options to clear weather up.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Everything is enabled.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I keep everything on. I love the weather and how it's ever changing.
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Just rain & snow
    I've had to turn off thunderstorms. It makes my sims too tense to function and causes too much stress for myself.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited December 2019
    Except that when I'm sending sims on vacation I now disable blizzards and thunderstorms, or Granite Falls is guaranteed to have one or the other. Selvadorada is a bit better, but I still disable the thunderstorms just in case. There are enough ways to get electrocuted in the jungle as it is.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    All disabled, no rain or snow
    Shut it off - got tired of it especially playing in Uni a lot. Shut off the calendar too.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    All disabled, no rain or snow
    I have everything turned off, but it doesn't help much. It rains and snows anyway. :P
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Just rain & snow
    Thunderstorms became annoying really quickly for me, so I turned them off. Where I live, the weather is always pretty nice, so I don't really find much use for extreme weather. I also have it set so Sims don't experience adverse effects from cold or heat.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,215 Member
    Other combination
    Normally rain and thunderstorms are turned off as it seems to rain all the time in my game no matter what world I am in. However snow and blizzards are turned on for the winter season.
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I haven't noticed this problem in my game yet, most of the time my game weather is pretty balanced between sun and rain. The only world where it seems to thunderstorm constantly is Forgotten Hollow but I don't mind since it fits the aesthetic. I just buy the Storm Chaser trait for all the vampires so they don't get tense.
  • Options
    randy2355randy2355 Posts: 157 Member
    Just rain & snow
    IceyJ wrote: »
    musteni wrote: »
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Frequency of rain and storms depend on the world you're living in. Brindleton Bay is the absolute worst for rain. If I want to avoid it, I just choose wisely when selecting a world to live in. (The deserts, obviously, are best for hot, sunny weather and little rain.)

I play rotationally and my sims live in all of the worlds. I originally got tired of the storms & blizzards when playing a trailer park kind of lot where sims had to go outside to get to the kitchen etc. I really like that lot and seasons ruined it, lol.

I'm playing a trailer park lot, too. :) It's in Brindleton Bay and they have to do laundry outside. The clothes have to stay dry for a certain number of hours and in Brindleton it's nearly impossible to accomplish this. So believe me, I know how frustrating it can be, lol. I just roll with it and consider it a challenge to check the weather and find the best time to do laundry. I'd rather do that than move this particular family because I like the lot I've chosen for them. It keeps things interesting.

Where I live in RL is very rainy. In 2018 i recorded 253 Inches (642 cm) of rain. This year has been rather dry, Ive only recorded 115 inches (292 cm) of rain. Here when people have their clotheslines under the extended overhang of their roof....or they have a small roof on posts over the clothesline...maybe you could try something like that.

Build a small room, put a roof on it, remove the room, and place four posts at the corners of the roof. Now that we can extend the pillars in height, if you have foundations...its no longer a problem to put the posts right on the ground.

Then your Brindleton Bay sims can do laundry in the rain like people do here!
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    @randy2355 Now, that is a good idea. I'll give it a try.