Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMS 4 TOOK A STEP DOWN... THEY PUSHED IT OUT TOO SOON

Comments

• Options
    SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Veola2013 wrote: »
    These reasons are why I say Sims 4 shouldn't be called Sims 4 it really should be called Sims 2...because it took a major step down as far as game play/and the plum loading screen for everything.

I don't know, TS2 was amazingly advanced for its time, even now.

This. I remember when ts2 came out and I went from playing the first sims to that it was down right revolutionary!

If anything I'd call the sims 4, maybe the sims 1.5? Because at least ts2 had toddlers! Than again I hate comparing ts4 to ts1 because even the first one was amazing for it's time.
  • Options
    SimChickee wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    These reasons are why I say Sims 4 shouldn't be called Sims 4 it really should be called Sims 2...because it took a major step down as far as game play/and the plum loading screen for everything.

I don't know, TS2 was amazingly advanced for its time, even now.

This. I remember when ts2 came out and I went from playing the first sims to that it was down right revolutionary!

If anything I'd call the sims 4, maybe the sims 1.5? Because at least ts2 had toddlers! Than again I hate comparing ts4 to ts1 because even the first one was amazing for it's time.

I have never played the sims 1 (mostly because you can't buy it) and for the time it came out it was revolutionary, it was the best selling game until TS2 dethroned it :smile:
    Soo... When do we get preteens playing in snow?
  • Options
    SimmerferlifeSimmerferlife Posts: 43 Member
    Ok so they reason the sims 4 is horrible is because the laziness of the team and their focus on emotions and personalitys unlike the sims 4 the previous sims games were focused on making a story having family, getting married, having children etc and the sims 2 was great it was a step forward and they added on to the sims 1 and next comes the sims 3 they added story progression and open world. And next comes sims 4 it had some good features but those feature are over shadowed with the missing features for example cars, toddlers babys age into a full grown kid and loading screen where every you for example you are at the library and you see a bar you want to go there oh no there's a loading screen and no story progression I played sims do age but don't get married or have kids they just age and eventually die unless there's player intervention. So my point is the sims 4 is just a bad game and should have never been in the sims series from the start,
  • Options
    SimmerferlifeSimmerferlife Posts: 43 Member
    Ok so they reason the sims 4 is horrible is because the laziness of the team and their focus on emotions and personalitys unlike the sims 4 the previous sims games were focused on making a story having family, getting married, having children etc and the sims 2 was great it was a step forward and they added on to the sims 1 and next comes the sims 3 they added story progression and open world. And next comes sims 4 it had some good features but those feature are over shadowed with the missing features for example cars, toddlers babys age into a full grown kid and loading screen where every you for example you are at the library and you see a bar you want to go there oh no there's a loading screen and no story progression I played sims do age but don't get married or have kids they just age and eventually die unless there's player intervention. So my point is the sims 4 is just a bad game and should have never been in the sims series from the start.

• Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    The worst part as a storyteller is my sims won't look at each other when speaking. They'll address the other sim who isn't asking the question or getting angry. It's plummed up. Now, I almost exclusively use poses, even for regular conversation! That's pathetic and a step backward.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    VirtualPets65VirtualPets65 Posts: 133 Member
    I wish EA would of just forgotten about Sims Olympus altogether and made S4 from scratch. S3 was the worst version of Sims ever, and it looks like S4 is trying to be another S3: Slow,laggy and full of annoying bugs that never get fixed. If S4 doesn't improve soon, I may just uninstall it and go back to S1.
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    I don't think they pushed the Sims 4 out too soon. I think it was a major blunder from the outset with never any chance of matching previous versions of any Sims game. Sims 4 was created as a glorified online chat room which they suddenly turned around into a glorified offline chat room. In other words, it was doomed right from the outset.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited December 2016
    Ok so they reason the sims 4 is horrible is because the laziness of the team and their focus on emotions and personalitys unlike the sims 4 the previous sims games were focused on making a story having family, getting married, having children etc and the sims 2 was great it was a step forward and they added on to the sims 1 and next comes the sims 3 they added story progression and open world. And next comes sims 4 it had some good features but those feature are over shadowed with the missing features for example cars, toddlers babys age into a full grown kid and loading screen where every you for example you are at the library and you see a bar you want to go there oh no there's a loading screen and no story progression I played sims do age but don't get married or have kids they just age and eventually die unless there's player intervention. So my point is the sims 4 is just a bad game and should have never been in the sims series from the start,
    If you knew just a little about EA then you would never have used a word like laziness about the team because if this was true then EA would just have given them a lot of unpaid overtime in the evenings and in the weekends. So no. It isn't at all about laziness because all employees in EA work very hard or they will have to leave. EA isn't at all a workplace for lazy people.

Instead it is all about EA's greed. All EA's games are made in the same way which means:
    1. EA demands new content which is likely to make more people want to try the game. For TS4 this was "new emotions, multitasking and new improved CAS and buildmode". Who wouldn't want to try such a game?
    2. All EA's games usually lack depth because depth is expensive to make and because people will buy the games anyway. They can't either get their money back when they finally realize that the games don't have enough depth.
    3. All EA's games have a lot of minor bugs which EA never attempt to fix because EA wouldn't be paid anyway for fixing those bugs,
    4. EA never puts more content into a game than what is needed to get satisfying sales numbers because adding more than this would only increase EA's expenses without really affecting EA's income.

So no. It is all about EA's greed and not at all about laziness. EA puts enormous pressure on the developers to finish the games with the ordered content and within the budget and time limit. Therefore Maxis can't give us more content than what EA wants Maxis to give us.
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member

THE CAMERA CONTROLS SUCK FOR SIMS 4
    You should be able to tilt, go back, go forth, and rotate the camera all from the mouse like Sims 3...even though it has an option to use the Sims 3 camera (It still doesn't work like the Sims 3 Camera) you have to use the keyboard to tilt. "I REALLY HATE THE CAMERA CONTROLS"..

The camera controls drive me insane!!! I already suffer from anxiety and when I can't move the camera I start to feel anxious and closed in. I can't explain it, but it really bugs me.
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited December 2016
    lasummerb wrote: »

You should be able to tilt, go back, go forth, and rotate the camera all from the mouse like Sims 3...even though it has an option to use the Sims 3 camera (It still doesn't work like the Sims 3 Camera) you have to use the keyboard to tilt. "I REALLY HATE THE CAMERA CONTROLS"..

The camera controls drive me insane!!! I already suffer from anxiety and when I can't move the camera I start to feel anxious and closed in. I can't explain it, but it really bugs me.

One of the best things in Sims 3 is that camera tilt button. Why did they take it out? I play Sims 2 once in a while and that is one thing I really miss.

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

One of the best things in Sims 3 is that camera tilt button. Why did they take it out? I play Sims 2 once in a while and that is one thing I really miss.

The Sims 4 camera was designed for a laptop trackpad. You click and drag to pan the camera around, and can zoom and rotate by using two fingers. It's somewhat handy when playing on a laptop, but on a desktop PC there is no reason the default camera should be anything other than "Sims 3 camera". Using a mouse with the default camera (Sims 4) is awful, just awful.

In regards to the tilt, it drove me nuts when I first started playing because it's positioned at a terrible angle no matter how close or far out you are zoomed. I assume that's just a trade off of a trackpad design, there's typically only two buttons on a trackpad versus three on a mouse. I personally don't see anything wrong with the traditional camera (Sims 3), so why they felt it necessary to force a new camera control system (with less control) on everyone is mind boggling to me.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

The Sims 4 camera was designed for a laptop trackpad. You click and drag to pan the camera around, and can zoom and rotate by using two fingers. It's somewhat handy when playing on a laptop, but on a desktop PC there is no reason the default camera should be anything other than "Sims 3 camera". Using a mouse with the default camera (Sims 4) is awful, just awful.

In regards to the tilt, it drove me nuts when I first started playing because it's positioned at a terrible angle no matter how close or far out you are zoomed. I assume that's just a trade off of a trackpad design, there's typically only two buttons on a trackpad versus three on a mouse. I personally don't see anything wrong with the traditional camera (Sims 3), so why they felt it necessary to force a new camera control system (with less control) on everyone is mind boggling to me.

I have never played any of the Sims games on a laptop, I've always had gaming rigs for desktop. Know nothing about laptops or how they work so thanks for the explanation.

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

I have never played any of the Sims games on a laptop, I've always had gaming rigs for desktop. Know nothing about laptops or how they work so thanks for the explanation.

I play on a desktop primarily as well. Laptop is purely for convenience when traveling or when I want to go to another part of my house without moving all of my equipment.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited December 2016

I play on a desktop primarily as well. Laptop is purely for convenience when traveling or when I want to go to another part of my house without moving all of my equipment.

Same here. Desktop is my main source of gameplay for PC games. I have a Surface Pro that I travel with. It runs S1 just fine, but lately, I'm not travelling much. it has been reduced to once a year now. My Surface Pro is gathering dust and my PC is still running hardcore waiting for something to challenge it.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I have to play Mine on a Laptop, cause in My area, the stores no longer sell desk tops , only Laptops. :)
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member

Laptops are still very important for young teens who use them both in school, at home and sometimes when visiting friends. And in the same ways they are important for young adults who are students. Such people can't usually afford to have both a laptop for studying and a desktop for their gaming. So they usually have to play their games on their laptop too.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Erpe wrote: »

Laptops are still very important for young teens who use them both in school, at home and sometimes when visiting friends. And in the same ways they are important for young adults who are students. Such people can't usually afford to have both a laptop for studying and a desktop for their gaming. So they usually have to play their games on their laptop too.

Part of the problems some have with trying to play games like Sims 3 is the laptop they have chosen mainly for school cannot run the game. You need at least a gaming laptop and they are expensive, I just bought one each for my niece and nephew so they could play Sims 3 (they detest 4). With coolpads, cases and the game they were over $1500 each but I spent much more on my gaming PC.

• Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Erpe wrote: »

Part of the problems some have with trying to play games like Sims 3 is the laptop they have chosen mainly for school cannot run the game. You need at least a gaming laptop and they are expensive, I just bought one each for my niece and nephew so they could play Sims 3 (they detest 4). With coolpads, cases and the game they were over $1500 each but I spent much more on my gaming PC.

Definitely that in the bold - I ran into that problem when I tried to play Sims 3 on my Mac that I used at university. I think I only used a PC back in the Sims 2 days, but now I prefer a laptop (and I'm not a student anymore) for convenience sake. So I'm paying more for a gaming laptop (somewhere in the region of £1700+) to ensure that I can play the Sims 3 properly (which I'm more than happy to do because I love the game)...pretty expensive hobby :wink:
  • Options
    lisamtownlisamtown Posts: 206 Member
    Yes they should play sims 2 and look at the coding for the sims!! They should have done this before they made 3... My birthday is coming up in 2 days I hope another company takes over and makes the ultimate sims game for the old time fans that have been waiting for a long time! Be the best birthday present!!! :smile:
    graphics-wallet-540882.gif
  • Options
    lisamtown wrote: »
    Yes they should play sims 2 and look at the coding for the sims!! They should have done this before they made 3... My birthday is coming up in 2 days I hope another company takes over and makes the ultimate sims game for the old time fans that have been waiting for a long time! Be the best birthday present!!! :smile:

That would be so cool!! For me all i want is for them to let Aspyr add apartment life and free time to the mac version
    Soo... When do we get preteens playing in snow?
  • Options
    JWidanka2006JWidanka2006 Posts: 34 Member
    I have to ask am I the only person in the Sims world that is annoyed that you no longer have the option to talk to the baby in the womb nor do we have the option to listen to the baby. I wanted to see these options come back not to mention I would have liked to see more options such as read to baby, play music for baby. I need to say also while I am sad to see cars go at the same point I can understand why however I was very disappointed overall with The Sims 4. Also please fix the family tree issues here. I hate the fact that an aunt can flirt with a teenage nephew. Family relationships need to be more accurate and we need to have a way to fix them if the game file screws it up.
  • Options
    CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    Yeah ts4 is pretty much the worst

Yet here I am
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited December 2016
    Sims 4 creators are not only missing things that made Sims 3 great but from playing this game for 239 hours so far... im disappointed with game play.

LOADING TO GO ACROSS THE STREET?!! REALLY??!!
    How do you go from driving to lots in the Sims neighborhood to just bringing up a loading screen for everything. You shouldn't have to load the screen to go anywhere in your neighborhood. It really should show the Sims in transit whether they are walking or driving. The only time I wouldn't be mad if the loading screen appeared is if you were going to a different neighborhood; even then the loading screen could be something fun like [hands holding a steering wheel and scenery passing by like what you would see when looking out a window while driving].

MARRYING A SIM/DIVORCING A SIM
    How come last names don't change or at least have an option to change your last name to your mates? Where is the option to move out or purchase another home like Sims 3? My sims divorced her husband and he couldn't move out on his own. This was very unrealistic...there used to be options for moving a sim out.

NO TODDLERS
    the babies go from infants to children...this is just lazy and not realistic at all. You should not need a Expansion Pack to see this stage of life. Its bad enough that the pregnancies are short with no options to extend for sims with a longer life span. Pregnancies should match your sims life span.

HEIGHT ADJUSTMENTS
    the teens being the same height as adults is dumb and lazy. Every Sim in the Sims 4 world is the same height and thats annoying (this should be an advanced feature to take a step up from The Sims 3).

COMMUNITY LOTS
    where are the hospitals and beaches??? In Sims 3 you didn't need an Expansion Pack to get these lots and interact on these lots. I purchased the Get To Work Expansion Pack expecting it would come with the lots advertised but I still don't see a hospital or police station (nothing but retail stores).

SIMS IN THE SIMS 4 AREN'T AS AWARE OF OBJECTS Or SIMS WHEN COMPLETING A TASK....
    An Example;) My sim went to sit down while drinking and sat directly in another sim. 2). My sim was standing in front of the refrigerator getting something out and another sims came up from behind and went through my sim to get something out the refrigerator "ANNOYING". The Sims 4 creators really need to fix this. It happens a lot*

You should be able to tilt, go back, go forth, and rotate the camera all from the mouse like Sims 3...even though it has an option to use the Sims 3 camera (It still doesn't work like the Sims 3 Camera) you have to use the keyboard to tilt. "I REALLY HATE THE CAMERA CONTROLS".

BTW
    Sometimes the loading music doesn't even stop and I have to play with the annoying background music or start the game all over again. This plum

Loading to cross the street: it doesn't bother me anymore, it would've been nice but it's whatever. The blank loading screens are faster BTW.

Marrying and Divorcing: You still can take on the Sims last name, you just have to click the dresser. I prefer it this way so I can pick their name. For my legacy family's the family name is powerful so they never give it up. However a popup after marriage that lets you change their name would be nice. As for moving, you can move out a single sim, you probably just haven't found out how.

Height adjustments: I'm torn, on one hand teenagers get more content, on the other hand they don't have much UNIQUE content. I'm fine with the height now but we need stuff to make them more unique like proms, acne etc. As for a height slider, it's nearly impossible and not worth the dev time.

Camera controls; I use them perfectly fine just like I did sims 3, you're probably playing on a laptop.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Sims 4 creators are not only missing things that made Sims 3 great but from playing this game for 239 hours so far... im disappointed with game play.

How do you go from driving to lots in the Sims neighborhood to just bringing up a loading screen for everything. You shouldn't have to load the screen to go anywhere in your neighborhood. It really should show the Sims in transit whether they are walking or driving. The only time I wouldn't be mad if the loading screen appeared is if you were going to a different neighborhood; even then the loading screen could be something fun like [hands holding a steering wheel and scenery passing by like what you would see when looking out a window while driving].

How come last names don't change or at least have an option to change your last name to your mates? Where is the option to move out or purchase another home like Sims 3? My sims divorced her husband and he couldn't move out on his own. This was very unrealistic...there used to be options for moving a sim out.

NO TODDLERS
    the babies go from infants to children...this is just lazy and not realistic at all. You should not need a Expansion Pack to see this stage of life. Its bad enough that the pregnancies are short with no options to extend for sims with a longer life span. Pregnancies should match your sims life span.

HEIGHT ADJUSTMENTS
    the teens being the same height as adults is dumb and lazy. Every Sim in the Sims 4 world is the same height and thats annoying (this should be an advanced feature to take a step up from The Sims 3).

COMMUNITY LOTS
    where are the hospitals and beaches??? In Sims 3 you didn't need an Expansion Pack to get these lots and interact on these lots. I purchased the Get To Work Expansion Pack expecting it would come with the lots advertised but I still don't see a hospital or police station (nothing but retail stores).

SIMS IN THE SIMS 4 AREN'T AS AWARE OF OBJECTS Or SIMS WHEN COMPLETING A TASK....
    An Example;) My sim went to sit down while drinking and sat directly in another sim. 2). My sim was standing in front of the refrigerator getting something out and another sims came up from behind and went through my sim to get something out the refrigerator "ANNOYING". The Sims 4 creators really need to fix this. It happens a lot*

You should be able to tilt, go back, go forth, and rotate the camera all from the mouse like Sims 3...even though it has an option to use the Sims 3 camera (It still doesn't work like the Sims 3 Camera) you have to use the keyboard to tilt. "I REALLY HATE THE CAMERA CONTROLS".

BTW
    Sometimes the loading music doesn't even stop and I have to play with the annoying background music or start the game all over again. This plum

Loading to cross the street: it doesn't bother me anymore, it would've been nice but it's whatever. The blank loading screens are faster BTW.

Marrying and Divorcing: You still can take on the Sims last name, you just have to click the dresser. I prefer it this way so I can pick their name. For my legacy family's the family name is powerful so they never give it up. However a popup after marriage that lets you change their name would be nice. As for moving, you can move out a single sim, you probably just haven't found out how.

Height adjustments: I'm torn, on one hand teenagers get more content, on the other hand they don't have much UNIQUE content. I'm fine with the height now but we need stuff to make them more unique like proms, acne etc. As for a height slider, it's nearly impossible and not worth the dev time.

Camera controls; I use them perfectly fine just like I did sims 3, you're probably playing on a laptop.

Re the camera controls. I am not playing on a laptop, I have a desktop gaming rig and the camera controls are just one more thing I dislike about Sims 4. In Sims 3 there is a "tilt" button. It's gone in Sims 4, using the so called Sims 3 camera is not the same.

• Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member

NO TODDLERS

HEIGHT ADJUSTMENTS

COMMUNITY LOTS

BTW

Re the camera controls. I am not playing on a laptop, I have a desktop gaming rig and the camera controls are just one more thing I dislike about Sims 4. In Sims 3 there is a "tilt" button. It's gone in Sims 4, using the so called Sims 3 camera is not the same.

If you hit the tab button, you can tilt as much as you want. You just have to get it in the position you desire first. You can scroll high or low angle, too in tab.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg