The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Packs from the new patch feature uninstalling themselves.

With the new patch that I can easily manage the expansions, twice now I loaded the game to find out the expansions automatically uninstalled themselves. Though thankfully, I just have to reclick them easy as that. But it's still annoying. Keep in mind, I wanted my game to run as fast as possible, so I put all graphics and gameplay stuff to the lowest settings. And have been loading and quitting, while turning off and on various expansions quite a few times the other day to get the game exactly the way I wanted. Maybe I did something to the game?
Any advice?

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    That's the way the patch is you have to check off each ep you play every time you play and start your game.
  • Options
    Dartpaw86Dartpaw86 Posts: 68 Member
    edited March 2016
    Until a few days ago, the checked expansions would stay checked. No matter how many times I loaded the launcher/played.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    They aren't really uninstalling themselves, they are just becoming unselected from what you have described. Forgetting your previous selections in between game sessions is a known bug with the EP selector feature that hits players at apparently random times.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Okay thank you :3 well, I'll be sure to check every time I load just to be careful, who knows maybe those two times were flukes and it probably won't happen again in a long time.
  • Options
    girlwhocriedtaylorgirlwhocriedtaylor Posts: 536 Member
    Dartpaw86 wrote: »
    Okay thank you :3 well, I'll be sure to check every time I load just to be careful, who knows maybe those two times were flukes and it probably won't happen again in a long time.

Mine used to uncheck every single time I played.... I can't remember what I did but they don't uncheck anymore. I don't know if they just stopped unchecking themselves randomly or me deleting the cache files keeps them checked... I don't know.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Like Igazor said, I assume it's just a glitch then (yeah, right, like Sims 3 ever had glitches... ;-) )
  • Options
    Like Igazor said, I assume it's just a glitch then (yeah, right, like Sims 3 ever had glitches... ;-) )

Every time they patch this game it makes more mess :s
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Though, seeing as at least EA IS still patching Sims 3, it begs the question why they don't patch up the data that clogs over time, eventually lagging the game down which is one of the biggest complaints. I mean if they decide to patch they might as well do the patches that matter.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Though, seeing as at least EA IS still patching Sims 3, it begs the question why they don't patch up the data that clogs over time, eventually lagging the game down which is one of the biggest complaints. I mean if they decide to patch they might as well do the patches that matter.

There is no TS3 development team. Patch 1.69 was delivered through Origin and didn't change anything about what happens during gameplay at all. It only changed the way in which the game gets launched.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    :'( that stinks. But... even then, Diablo II just recently got an official update and it was released 9 years before Sims 3. But... I shouldn't use that to justify my hope, as different companies work in different ways. honestly I wouldn't hold my breath that EA cares anymore.
  • Options
    :'( that stinks. But... even then, Diablo II just recently got an official update and it was released 9 years before Sims 3. But... I shouldn't use that to justify my hope, as different companies work in different ways. honestly I wouldn't hold my breath that EA cares anymore.

a lot of companies are remastering old games . EA isn't one of them. I would have loved an updated sims 2 over sims 4 but.......................