The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Going Solo Challenge (main) Updated to include TS4

Comments

• Options
    french_vanilla13french_vanilla13 Posts: 586 Member
    edited February 2016
    @jazen sorry this took so long to post. I finished it awhile ago honestly.

Toothless This should work, I think anyways.

S4 is funny that way. I found that out by mistake once, my sim died actually.

I'll write a longer update later as right now I feel like tutus in frilly land.
    Post edited by french_vanilla13 on
    polariod_1

• Options
    ELIROCELIROC Posts: 2,318 Member
    @jazen I saw you have the "CC Magics" installed in your game. I was trying to install it but I saw that instead of a .package file, it's a .exe file. Do you remember how you installed it in your game? I mean, where? Does it go together with all other mods (mods > package) ? I think not, right? After all it isn't a .package file...

Thanks a lot and a great weekend!!!
  • Options
    jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    @MischiefTheKitten Amari and Marcus do have a lot to work through. Hopefully they can get on track.

That's how I feel about Kiss. It's time for it to end. 4 years is a long time so I need to just get it done then I will have focus left for my other projects.

I read Joel's update, just need to go back and comment. :)

@French_vanilla13 that link didn't work. :(

@ELIROC I do have CC magic installed. You have to let the .exe program run and then it will install it in your folder of choice (pretty sure it gives you a choice) Mine is installed in my Electronic Arts folder. Hope that helps.

@Everyone I hope you all have a great weekend!!! I am hoping to get some work done on Matt's next chapter soon. I am trying to work on a house for Carter. He has a new woman in his life and I need to move him out of his bachelor pad into a more family friendly place. All the other couples have houses so it's time for him to get one as well. :)
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

• Options
    edited February 2016
    @jazen Thanks! Almost... You said Electronic Arts folder. Do you mind checking in which folder inside the Electronic Arts folder? I mean the whole path, like "documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > ??? > ???"
    I'm a bit scared that if I make a mistake there it could damage my game. And I didn't find any explanation in the page either.
    Thanks thanks a lot!!! :)
  • Options
    jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    edited February 2016
    @ELIROC It's just the Electronic Arts folder. No other sub-folder so Documents>>Electronic Arts that's it.

a tutorial to maybe help you. :)
    https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012/06/03/tutorial-getting-started-with-cc-magic/

15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

• Options
    @jazen I fixed the link....might have helped if I didn't add a quotation mark in there lol
    polariod_1

• Options
    @jazen Ahhhhhhhh! Oh great, thank you soooo much!!!! <3
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    @Everyone This feature activating/deactivating the expansions is great but when the game decides to unclick all of them and we play the game and save before we notice it... well, this isn't so good...
    I'm currently building a prison. I had it almost done yesterday. Today I logged and played a bit before continuing with the prison. When I checked, all my edited stuff were replaced by base game items... I could cry... :'(

Well... a great week to all of you!
  • Options
    @ELIROC I've done that before and for me at least....if I remember this right, once I added the packs back in the stuff reappeared I believe even after I saved, although I could be wrong....it's been a while since that happened.
    polariod_1

• Options
    VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    Oh No! @ELIROC I'm sorry to hear that. Did any of it return when you re selected everything?
  • Options
    MischiefTheKittenMischiefTheKitten Posts: 3,635 Member
    @ELIROC My game de-selects all expansions here and there, too. I've attached a note to my screen to check before I load the game but I'm silly and forget the note is there. When I do load the game without them active, the games needing them to play are greyed out. I can still load them but they'll be greyed out in the save selection screen. Do yours look the same as they always do? That's usually how I know that I need to quit out and re-activate my expansions.

It's such an annoying addition -.- I can see why it's useful for a lot of simmers, but I'm just getting annoyed with it.

~MischiefTheKitten

Signature3_zpstzfs3ywq.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    @MischiefTheKitten I should have noticed but since it was the first time it happened I may have disregarded any message of signal the game tried to give me lol. And I went far enough to save the game twice or three times... so everything changed didn't change back. The prison I was building got so crazy different that I decided to start over. At least the idea is there and the second time goes always quicker ;)

@french_vanilla13 and @Vuneca It would have most probably if I wouldn't have screwed up saving it a few times before noticing some stuff was missing... It's like, the game screwed up and I said "Amen" to it... :D

The good thing is that I wasn't playing with any of my stories, so they're safe for now lol
  • Options
    @ELIROC I'm sorry you lost so much :/ At least rebuilding it went all right! I don't usually have the patience to rebuild exactly as it was before I lost my progress. Fortunately it hasn't happened often, but when it did I just started over with a different design. I'm glad you could put it back together!

~MischiefTheKitten

• Options
    @MischiefTheKitten Oh don't worry too much ;) I don't have the patience to rebuild the same way it was either and, besides, I always get new ideas while I'm building. That's also a reason why I decided to start over. I'm making something much better hehe :p
  • Options
    @ELIROC Do share when you've finished it! :)

• Options
    edited March 2016
    @MischiefTheKitten Oh, I didn't think about it. I was only building because I wanted for a Sim I've been playing with. I was actually building a cell but.. you know... one idea leads to another and another... Now I'm building the whole prison with a police office.

But I can also put in the store, sure. I'll then take all CC away.
    Post edited by ELIROC on
  • Options
    @ELIROC I didn't mean you have to upload it, you could just share some pictures with us :) I'm sure there are a couple of us who might have use for a prison with a police office!

@Everyone Tomorrow is Friday, and therefore my official simming day. I'd love to update Joel again but will prioritize my rainbowcy tomorrow. If I can do both, though, I will :)

~MischiefTheKitten

• Options
    @MischiefTheKitten LOL I know I don't have to upload but it's a pleasure for me to do it. :)

I have a blog for all my creations, I just don't remember the name anymore. I'll check and put some pics there while I'm building.

A good day to all! B)
  • Options
    @ELIROC Haha, I know the problem :P I have so many blogs I'm surprised I manage to remember what they all are! If you could give me the link when you find it, I'll keep an eye out for pictures :)

@Everyone Writing all my updates today was going well, so I thought I'd update Joel and finish his generation, but I don't actually have that many pictures for it :/ Six pictures don't make a very long chapter. I'll write it and see how I feel once it's written. I really want to start Luca's gen but I do want to end Joel's story in a good way, not a rushed way.

~MischiefTheKitten

• Options
    I decided to publish the chapter now, and then there'll be another chapter either next week or the week after. So Joel's gen isn't over just yet ;) I've got a bit of building to do for the next chapter, though, so it might take me a while :)

~MischiefTheKitten

• Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited March 2016
    Hey girls,

I have struggled with a relapse that really devastated me. But I'm bouncing back now and am fighting to regain lost ground healthwise. I have not been able to game much of anything, Sims or other.

I want to write a Going Solo story, but I also want to drop things like the Aubies, Edgers and Foursies and the colonial/auboriginal strife in Isla Paradiso. Instead of that, I've been taking notes and writing small outlines for something totally different. I'm thinking of taking Bridgeport and put it into perma-frost. Geographically that city would be in the state of Simberia in the People's Republic of Simmunist Simmia. I'm thinking of calling the city Simanoffgrad. Even if the city is in the perma-frost region of Simmunist Simmia, it's a metropolis for the priveledged Simmians who live in a society not unlike it is in capitalist-democratic communities.

The founding gen is a young girl called Idonnowai Simmanski, who has peculiar talents. Her parents are lowest class labor and can't afford to raise a kid that needs special and therefore very expensive care, they fear. So, Idonnowai's father takes her into the woods and abandons her. She's then found by a werewolf who takes it upon herself to raise the girl and when she becomes a teenager, the werewolf sends her away, telling her to go to Simanoffgrad to try and make a life for herself. Of course, since she's raised by wolves (lol) this goes wrong, but then Chandell finds her way into Idonnowai's life. The adventure then starts in earnest.

What do you girls think about it? I have lots of ideas (The Vunecans and the Nephalim are canon in my stories) of adventures that can take place in a city governed by totalitarian rule, where people are without worth if they don't carry a membership-card of the Simmunist Party.

I hope you guys are well and are looking forward to spring just like I am! =)
  • Options
    @LittleMInxUndr So good to see you pop in! I'm sorry to hear about your relapse. How are you feeling now? It sounds like you want to start over altogether! It's very exciting <3 Your idea about Simmunist Simmia sounds very interesting! I'd definitely read it ^^

I'm definitely looking forward to Spring! Little flowers are popping up everywhere (and have been since January), the temperatures just need to rise now :)

~MischiefTheKitten

• Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    @LittleMInxUndr So good to see you pop in! I'm sorry to hear about your relapse. How are you feeling now? It sounds like you want to start over altogether! It's very exciting <3 Your idea about Simmunist Simmia sounds very interesting! I'd definitely read it ^^

I'm definitely looking forward to Spring! Little flowers are popping up everywhere (and have been since January), the temperatures just need to rise now :)

~MischiefTheKitten

I'm slowly getting back up. Most days are touch and go still, lots of pain despite heavy painmedication, and are mostly spend on the couch with a blanket. But the knowledge that I'm bettering again is exciting too and I'm making plans to go outside again, doing little things like getting small groceries and stuff.
    As long as the relapses don't happen sooner each time, I'm not done for yet! ^^

Yeah, I've come to the conclusion that the Isla Paradiso canon is awesome, but I personally am done with it. I have the ideas (ideas aplenty, really), but no longer the interest in fleshing them out. The People's Republic of Simmunist Simmia and a new spiel for Chandell keeps tickling my fancy and I think that I'd do better if I just give in to my imagination. =)

I agree! And if that coincides with me going outside for the first time again, then so much the better! I don't ask for much... 15/16 degrees? That should be doable at around the 21st of march!

• Options
    @LittleMinxUndr I'm glad to hear you're getting better. It'd be amazing if you could venture out, even if it is just to get some groceries! You must miss the feel of a breeze on your skin! Keep fighting, sister!

I know what you mean. I have plenty of ideas for stories - both for TheSims and for books - but the excitement has died down after the initial thrill. Working with an idea that's exciting you now is definitely the way to go! Write while the inspiration lasts! God knows it won't stick around :P

15/16 degrees would be wonderful! I'm not sure how much we have during the day but it still freezes at night. The sun is gaining in strength and it can be warm-ish as long as you avoid the shade. I wore a short summer top I bought last year on our cruise a few weekends ago. I hoped it would charm the summer out of hiding but it didn't work :/ I'll try eating some ice cream with it, maybe that'll do the trick :P

@Everyone I'm not sure if there genuinely are more chapters in Joel's gen or if I have seperation issues oO After I said last week that the chapter I posted on Friday would be the final one, I now have another two lined up! I built, or started to anyway, the Hangout I mentioned in the last two chapters which is turning more into a small mansion, and I may have built a dog shelter. A really nice dog shelter, for the sake of two or three pictures. I'm beyond excited to start Luca's generation, but I guess Joel isn't ready to leave me just yet :P We both need to realise that he'll still live in the same house, I think. We both need to get over ourselves. It's not like I'll kick him out and leave a young teenage Luca to fend for himself.

... Fun as that sounds.

~MischiefTheKitten

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top