The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Going Solo Challenge (main) Updated to include TS4

Comments

• Options
    french_vanilla13french_vanilla13 Posts: 586 Member
    update 1
    update 2
    update 3

So....I apparently lost the stats so they're not listed at the bottom. I've lost all of the information on my computer and transferred the stuff too many times to even figure out where it would have gone.

Update three is the end of the challenge though. Next I'm either going to work on their actually story or start working on A Clockwork Heart or Dreki Seidr.

Also, since I know a lot of people will be busy or gone for the next little while because of the holidays, I'd greatly appreciate if we didn't discuss the winners on here until everyone has had a chance to read it. I'll catch up with the comments in the next few days.

I hope everyone had a great evening!
    polariod_1

• Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    @french_vanilla13 - Read and commented on all the updates...well, except the one where you sad the day went missing. Strange about that happening. :( Comgrats to the lucky winners, and may they all have a happy and long life together. :)
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    Hi everyone just dropping in to say that today should be my last really busy day. I actually have three days off next week including New Years Eve and the schedule is extremely light. I do plan on getting caught up her and hopefully getting some more writing done on the update. Well that is after I catch up on some housework I have been neglecting as I have been too tired to do just about anything this past month.

@french_vanilla13 I'm looking forward to reading the bachelor challenge :)

@LittleMinxUndr The house that you are making for your new story is beautiful :)

• Options
    ELIROCELIROC Posts: 2,318 Member
    Hello everyone!!

I passed my assessment but twisted my knee in an accident... That's about life, isn't it? LOL. Well, it's not that bad, I got my promotion anyway. I'm just grounded for a few months. I shall return to my flights by April.

I haven't been playing Sims since I started preparing myself to that assessment. I plan to get back to my stories on January.

I hope you enjoyed Christmas Eve and I wish all the best for 2016! All the best to you all!!!

EliRoc
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited December 2015
    Hey guys!
    I'm decorating Cold Harbor and am making some progress there. It's definately easier to approach Going Solo as a rags to riches kind of thing, as the house they live in becomes more organically personal. On the other hand, since I wanted Cold Harbor to be steeped into the history of my Nephalim-universe, there is simply no way to do it otherwise. A place that you see grow during the story can impossibly have a deep history and age old legends attached to it.

So here's a screenie of the second floor landing that is meant to enforce the fact that the old mansion has roots deeply tucked away in a history every Sim thinks is mere fiction. No Sim ever saw a Nephalim and if they did, they wouldn't know they've ever met one.

alegendarything_zpsrq4qsvrh.jpg

According to the Vampires of Clan Sanquine this depicts the Daughter of the Blood, the chosen one who'll end the reign of the Nephalim and will set Simmity onto a course free of nephalimic manupilation. The Lycans believe that the Vampires of Clan Sanquine are mistaken. To them, the fact that the Daughter of the Blood is flanked by four Dragons can only mean that one the day that the four winds will blow in unison, the Lycans will be re-united with their Guardian-patroness Luposa and she will lead them to final victory over the Vampires.
    Historians who out of interest approach the Nephalim-idea semi-seriously theorize that the tableau merely depicts what it is meant to depict, the Nephalim Vuneca during her exile under the vulcano that became known as Mount Vuneca, in hiding from the four riders of the Apocalypse, Pestilence, Famine, Conquest and Death, who were oftenly symbolized as Dragons because Dragons are believed to eat worlds in ancient texts.
    What no one can figure out though is why the tableau was installed in a mansion that pre-dates the founding of Moonlight Falls, and why the mansion was called Cold Harbor. There must be some significance there...

But Cold Harbor is not only of interest to the Vampires and the Lycans. The Mage's Council and by extension Eleanor Wasimton are maintaining ties with the mansion. Polaris, those enigmatic Simminati, are rumored to have interest in the mansion too. And then there's Boudica, future mistress of Cold Harbor, who's a vunecan-pollinated. Have the four friends of the Original One Hundred set another one of their spiels in motion?
    Does that mean that all of this links back to... Chandell?

(The TS3 story takes place before the Cataclysm in the TS4 story.)

First floor is done!
    1stfloor_zpsv1apcrha.jpg
    It has the premium-content from the Green House store-content included and I have drawn from my entire TS3 collection of goods. So once the Mansion is in my studio and you grab it for yourself, be ready for it to not look like this in your game. The only two people I can think of who'll be able to 1:1 download it once done are Pi and Vanessa. :'/

That view!
    amazinggrace_zpsb5idzfpr.jpg
    The view from the bathtub is amazing and you'll realize that you've been taking too long bathing once the bathwater has gone cold and you're about to show signs of hypothermia.

Second floor is done!
    2ndfloor_zpspb6squk4.jpg
    Master- and guest bedrooms and the children-wing. Now All that's left is the Loft, where the current leading gen has their stuff. Right now, it'll be Bram Nocturne's base of operations, but he won't live forever. (I hope, for Boudica's sake.)

Post edited by LittleMinxUndr on
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    @MischiefTheKitten It's nice of you to drop back in and sometimes its good just to play the Just for Fun saves. I seen on both Facebook and Twitter that you are getting back to Jamie's Baby Challenge which made me start to miss Raven a bit. I look forward to seeing how things are going with Jamie. I also have an unpublished Iron Man in Sims 4 and I wish you luck with the Sims 4 baby challenge.

@Jazen That happened to me too the last time I was in a clone file. Holly and Emmett decided to get pregnant in the clone file and I will always wonder how that baby turned out. Well anyways I bet Grace and Jonas will be populating your town with more babies soon enough in the main file.

Bae does look more like Chrissie but I can see Mickey in him too now that he is a teenager.

Hoping your trip to AZ is fun and that you are enjoying the holidays.

@Shafer249 Oh Look at Baby Flynn! The Burnbright Eyes are still strong and he is turning out to be a cutie. I look forward to seeing him age up.

@sweetnightingale Yes Alina looked very beautiful in her wedding dress and I loved the wedding venue. Thank you so much for the gifts that you sent. :)

@french_vanilla13 After I post this I am planning on reading your bachelor challenge and getting caught up with everything here now that everything has settled down with my job.

Edit-I just finished reading the challenge and I love it and I absolutely love the relationship between the two sister. They act just like real sisters would :)

@ELIROC I'm so sorry to hear about your knee but very happy to hear about your promotion! Congratulations!

@LittleMinxUndr Love the house and you are right I do have the Greenhouse items from the store.

Post edited by Piazzagirl1015 on
  • Options
    Cold Harbor is finally done, guys!
    It is in my studio here: Cold Harbor

Here's the loft, where ancient knowledge is locked away. Will Boudica or her descendants ever be able to decypher the secrets of the loft, where people have spend centuries fruitless before?
    loft_zpsolmuu0sw.jpg

The outside of Cold Harbor at night:
    xoutsidex_zpslahlv2gi.jpg

Cold Harbor has a cellar, and right now it is empty apart from the beginnings of an indoor swimmingpool and a yakuzi, but since I have plans there with CC and stuff that can't be uploaded with Cold Harbor, I left the cellar for people to do with as they please. Mostly though, It'll be a place to store collections and such and I have no plans to extensively feature the cellar anyway.

Right now I'm debating on whether or not I should rebuild Wasimton Point. For canon and continuity, it would be nice for the landmark to be there, especially since I have plans to cameo Eleanor a few times. On the other hand, would people miss the place during the story as out and about scenes don't show it?
    Decisions!

Anyway, for those that download Cold Harbor, have fun with it! =)
  • Options
    @sweetnightingale I have a feeling the pictures are in there somewhere I just lost the planning for it and I'm not sure which pictures would go into it or not cause I did have a lot of pictures I think it was 10k? I took all together for the challenge. So there was a lot. I just used like a very small fraction of it. Either way, I moved computers too many times to even try and track all of that down.

@Piazzagirl1015 Thanks, that's actually exactly how me and my sister act. Although she's Isolde and I'm Lenore.
    Every year my mom gets the pair of us something with the naughty and nice thing on it and every year she always takes the naughty one. She fights me over it too, lol.
    polariod_1

• Options
    VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    Hello!

@MischiefTheKitten I am so happy you're continuing your baby challenge. I read and commented until I started getting the error I usually get from your wordpress. >_< It hates me I swear

@ELIROC Nice to see you. Congrats on your promotion! that's exciting stuff. Sorry to hear about your knee, I hope it heals quickly.

@french_vanilla13 I am so behind on ALL of your stories! I need to just open them all up and go through them. I feel left out, ha.

@LittleMinxUndr WOW! the house looks great!! really great! I will rec'd and DL now that you have it on the exchange :-) I can't wait for updates on both of your stories now....You're not giving up on TS4 already are you?

@Piazzagirl1015 HI there! Have you recovered from all your long hours at work?

@sweetnightingale I am also super behind on all of yours. I started go back through them from the very beginning with Lenora's bachelorette challenge but got distracted.....*opens up in a tab*

All-

I had an excellent Christmas and I hope you did too. My comp seems to be back up and running great now that I have figured out windows 10 and how to go back and forth to my solid state drive. I have been going through all my various games to makes sure things are linking up right and are playable. but I have barely spent any time on my very fast computer this week between work and my kids new obsession with Pokemon playing cards. I have had to learn how to play and may or may not have created a couple of decks for myself.......
  • Options
    @Vuneca It's okay, I haven't had a chance to update a whole lot. So I got my CC back in my computer because I realized that I wouldn't be able to do my challenges without them as I've incorporated a lot of it in there. Well, I got it working but when I went into CAS it crashed. I don't know if it was because my computer over heated or what, but I'm going to try again tonight and hopefully it works. If it doesn't...well I may not be able to continue my stories not for a long while anyways. I do know for a fact that I can continue to play my Hemlock legacy though.

Hey, I still have Pokemon playing cards.....although I'm a bonafide geek according to my sibs. Sounds like a great Christmas though.
    polariod_1

• Options
    @french_vanilla13 I hear you about the sister thing as I have two sisters and that is my relationship with both. Another thing that was very believable about them is even though they were different you can tell how close their relationship is and how much they love each other.

@Vuneca Yes I'm recovering starting this week from all the crazy hours and they actually gave me three days off this week. Glad to hear that you had a great holiday and that you figured out Windows 10. I'm still too chicken to make the change myself I'll probably wait for my nephew to work on it.
  • Options
    @Piazzagirl1015 yeah, the really do. That's how I pictured them so I'm glad it came through my writing at least. I know at least I'll be able to continue playing them so far.
    polariod_1

• Options
    VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    Just FYI if you go to your mypage on the ts3 site there is a link that says redeem free simpoints. They updated the sites policy and if youagree to it you get 1000 free points.
  • Options
    @vuneca awesome, although I tried to find the link earlier and I couldn't. :(

polariod_1

• Options
    MischiefTheKittenMischiefTheKitten Posts: 3,635 Member
    Happy New Year, guys!! :D Happy simming, I hope 2016 brings you all a lot of success and happiness :)
    I vow to be around more :P

~MischiefTheKitten

Signature3_zpstzfs3ywq.jpg
  • Options
    Nancy01905Nancy01905 Posts: 3,929 Member
    Happy New Year everyone in the Solo Challenge family :smiley:
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Hey girls and guy(s),

Happy 2016 and may only the best of things befall ya!

Aside: I have checked my studio, and certain buildings like Piazza's PI and the Simton Ministry 24H Wedding Chapell aswell as the Mattpad are still available there. (Also, Eleanor's original City-depot that later became Wasimton Point and her waterline-house in Isla Paradiso). So if you're still looking for some builds in your TS3 game, take a look at my studio if you like.
    The Auboriginal Community Center is still there too.

If you're looking for some extra TS3 Sims, Garth Wasimton, the Simcity Marine with honor and principles and Eleanor's father is up for adoption. In all these years, the poor guy was only embraced 27 times... There are others there too, some you might remember, some you might dislike (if you're aware of my stories), but all of them will brighten up your TS3-world! ^^

And did you know that you can't say s.tilt on here? I used to be very good on s.tilts as a kid. o.0
  • Options
    @LittleMinxUndr I hope you had a great start to the year :)

I'm always looking for new sims for my towns, will definitely take a look at your studio :) How strange that they censor s.tilts oO I was never any good on them but that doesn't mean I want them banned! :P

~MischiefTheKitten

• Options
    Sarina: Yeah, I'm trying to figure out in what scenario someone can be triggered by being confronted with the word 's.tilt'. Political correctness is pretty much screwing with my vocabulary and I have not a good enough command of english to keep coming up with novel ways of describing something mundane. It's pretty much rather tiresome.
  • Options
    I want to wish everyone here a very Happy and Healthy New Years :)

dFdt5g.jpg
  • Options
    @LittleMinxUndr Ha, that sounds like a challenge :P I'm sure we could come up with some form of horrendous insult that would make the ban more worthwhile :P

@Piazzagirl1015 And to you, PG!! Hope your festive days were good ones :)

@Everyone The new year seems like a good time to update you all on my plans for this year. First I'll finish my mature 'legacy' The 7 Fates of Night, then I'll focus on finishing my rainbowcy (there'll only be one generation left after Rainy) and then I can really focus on my Challenges here, with you guys <3 Of course all that is only happening when I can fit it around my book, that still has top priority (never mind the sequels), but that's the plan for this year. I'll probably still squeeze in Joel and Sophia as well here and there, but mostly I want to finish 7Fates and Whispers. It'd be great to be done with them.

Hope you guys got through the holidays well :)

~MischiefTheKitten

• Options
    edited January 2016
    @MischiefTheKitten Wow, sounds like you've got a busy year. I need to get caught up on Whispers actually, hopefully I'll have time this year to do it.

Happy New Year everyone.

happy%20new%20year%20every%20year.jpg

Edit: I should probably explain the picture. Last year I found it on Facebook and I started writing a page every day until the end of the year. Which I'm going to do again. Just a short story a day for a whole year in my case. I'm going to do the same thing again this year but it's my New Year's post.
    polariod_1

• Options
    jeapos88jeapos88 Posts: 28 New Member
    new chapter. This is the final one for Ryu, I know it's kinda short, but he didn't do much in his life. Next chapter will be Isabella's and her generation is much more eventful than her fathers :wink:

lifeorsomethinglegacy.blogspot.com/2015/12/author-27.html
  • Options
    @french_vanilla13 No worries, Whispers isn't going anywhere :) It'll be a long year, so I'm sure there'll be time :) (then again, I know what I'm like with catching up on things, so...) No rush :) Keep an eye out on the facebook page and the forum page here for any adorable teasers, though! ;)

~MischiefTheKitten

• Options
    jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    Happy-New-Year-2016-hd-Images-Wallpapers-Free-Download-11.jpg

Well back from my 2 weeks in AZ!!! Hope everyone here had a wonder holiday! :) Man my husband booked the worst flight ever I think. We took off around 1am today and arrived around 6. That put me up for about 24 hours since I couldn't get any sleep on the plane. :( I did take a nap when I got home so I'm feeling a little better.

You ladies have been some Chatty Cathys while I was gone. Will go through to catch up on everything in a bit.
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top