Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 gets maybe 64 bit Version

What does this mean? Will the Game run faster?
[img][/img]mRpocmr.jpg

Comments

• Options
    popalopnpopalopn Posts: 95 Member
    Wouldn't they have to rewrite the whole game though?
    One thing you learn when you've lived as long as I have - people aren't all good , and people aren't all bad. We move in and out of darkness and light all of our lives.
    -Neal Shusterman, Unwind.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    popalopn wrote: »

No. They only part they need to work on is any 32-bit libraries used by C++ codes.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited August 2015
    I can't believe The Sims 4 wasn't originally 64bit I'm guessing they are working on it to improve performance with more expansions and content ;)
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    It means more Sims around, and more stability as the EP gets added to the game, basically more ram for the game to use.
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    So if this does happen, TS4 might not end up to be a bloated, laggy mess like TS3 was after 11 EP's. TS4 load times and performance might actually improve! :D
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    SugarysimSugarysim Posts: 440 Member
    Good news to me!
    E6Gi2HA.png
  • Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    I have a Question, would i lose all my Saves, if i wanted to get the 64 bit Version?
  • Options
    As long as load times improve, I'm happy.
    One thing you learn when you've lived as long as I have - people aren't all good , and people aren't all bad. We move in and out of darkness and light all of our lives.
  • Options
    TheSimer wrote: »
    I have a Question, would i lose all my Saves, if i wanted to get the 64 bit Version?

Your saves would probably be fine, but I would back them up just in case. ;)
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    Screech666Screech666 Posts: 119 Member

The game version for Mac is 64 bit. The engine they use can support 64 bit already so it's just a matter of tweaking a few things. Good riddance that lame 4gb ram limit.

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,917 Member
    If they are thinking of upgrading to 64 bit it is the best news I've had from them ever. :)
  • Options
    Don't get your hopes up though, they are just looking at the idea, they might not ever actually do it.
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    Such good news! YAY
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Seriously, this news beats everything. For the first time last night, the patch gave me massive memory problems. This could not come faster!!!
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Don't get your hopes up though, they are just looking at the idea, they might not ever actually do it.

Yeah additional beards, bear npc, and lounge chairs are 'too hard' for them as they stated in Tweets, so don't get your hopes up on something that could really help TS4 become good either.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    well that not was the first time they told it which this is on they 'to do list" a few months ago if you look at the "ask the gurus" this already on they "to do list" which well can take from months to years.

while nowdays every new game made for aaa companies already are 64 bit we are still stuck waiting for then "to do that" one day who knows.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    Sanriel85Sanriel85 Posts: 362 Member
    And may be for the first time haters shall say nothing^.^
  • Options
    fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member
    That would be awesome! Crossing my fingers! <3
    Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
  • Options
    savkethekingsavketheking Posts: 184 Member
    I hope that means open neighborhood, and no loading screens to a house next door
  • Options
    I hope that means open neighborhood, and no loading screens to a house next door

I'm pretty sure open neighborhood would mean having to rewrite a large portion of the engine. :'(

I'd love for the devs to prove me wrong though. Hopefully they'll find a way to implement an open neighborhood.
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    You mean they be able to use my 12 Gb of Ram. And now my ram wont feel like it being wasted.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I hope this means they will end culling, or at least drastically raise the game-killing 180 sim population cap.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,511 Member
    edited August 2015
    This is freaking awesome. Hope it happens.