Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Spa Day- Announced!

Comments

• Options
    fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member
    I'm not buying this. I can't believe that they are still doing these pack when what we need is more interaction, like generation... I get so bored when I play the sims, I don't know what to do anymore. I want to have fun like in the old times, but each time I start the game, I play 10 minutes and I close it... :'( :'(
    Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    marcellala wrote: »
    It's not all about the family-orientated players! Bring on the single/couples content!

But when has it ever been about us in this iteration?!
    Let me answer that; never. Unless Outdoor Retreat counts.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    my sims need a dishwasher, give me a dishwasher, how hard can it be? Im not buying a bloody sauna until I can have a dishwasher
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    my sims need a dishwasher, give me a dishwasher, how hard can it be? Im not buying a bloody sauna until I can have a dishwasher

lol. Why do they need a dishwasher? They wash dishes very fast in game!
  • Options
    moniquehmoniqueh Posts: 129 Member
    I'm excited for this! Yay! It's different to the normal packs they release and I love that. I'd still love some of the old stuff like seasons,e tc, but this is great. :) I'll buy it.
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    Maybe toddlers will age up at the spa!

Fine... I'm just pulling at straws here...
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited July 2015
    xBob18 wrote: »
    marcellala wrote: »
    It's not all about the family-orientated players! Bring on the single/couples content!

But when has it ever been about us in this iteration?!
    Let me answer that; never. Unless Outdoor Retreat counts.

It kind of is, that's why i gave in and bought it in the end. But it's not only about familys and i want a GP/EP really catered to it.
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    Awesome news! I love the sound of thisnpack but np doubt the rest of the community will tbrow a strop and have a massive backlash about this new content. Sometimes they act like a bunch of....Toddlers :smile:
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited July 2015
    fullspiral wrote: »

They may indeed wash dishes very fast, but getting to the sink they choose to wash the dishes in, takes ages.

As for the OP, yay... Yet another pack where they sell a mix of what should've been in the base game with requested features from previous base games.

raw
  • Options
    Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »

They may indeed wash dishes very fast, but getting to the sink they choose to wash the dishes in, takes ages.

As for the OP, yay... Yet another pack where they sell a mix of what should've been in the base game with requested features from previous base games.

Yes! Isn't it wonderful! Can't wait for more info tomorrow. :p
  • Options
    JoshuaSkylarJoshuaSkylar Posts: 158 Member
    Well this seems lackluster :disappointed: . But I guess we should be glad they haven't left the game for dead. :neutral:
  • Options
    nicolethebowlnicolethebowl Posts: 121 Member
    I'm tired of stuff packs. It needs some more of the classic expansion packs back already.
  • Options
    JackPipsamJackPipsam Posts: 115 Member
    Let me guess, it will cost $30 AUD again!

The pricing for these are ridiculous when you consider how much they really add, particularly when these's still so much missing from the game mechanically.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »

These sims require a bit of training. In most of my households, they go straight to the kitchen sink. In other households, they have gone to other sinks on other levels so that makes me ask why. I reconfigure the house and wa-la, they use the kitchen sink.
  • Options
    I_M1LOS_II_M1LOS_I Posts: 256 Member
    I am so excited about this game pack. I hope, it will be so cool!
    I'm actually a game developer, and playing Sims just inspires me.
  • Options
    DarkSlayer1331DarkSlayer1331 Posts: 429 Member
    I still haven't sent my Sims on a vacation with the previous GP because... it costs so much money to send them! Why are they throwing more luxuries at us when the game makes it hard enough to live day to day? And I need more things to do when they're home... it's kind of boring just doing work/gathering items, building skills... they need more "normal" activities!
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Hmmm. So what will the "unfixed" bugs do in this "recycled" items gamepack?

Maybe Dad can "sauna" with his daughter in the nude (incest bug.)

Maybe the spa will face upside down instead of backwards. ( Newcrest lot bug)

Will the sims miss out on an invitation to the Day Spa because the post card did not arrive in the mail? (Mail Box Glitch)

If they eat in the sauna will they like what they are eating? (Fruitcake bug)

Will the TV remote work from the sauna? ( sims not turning off tv w/ remote)

If you place the sauna in the basement will it create a terrain hill? (Creating Basement Causes Terrain Slope )

If your sim slips and falls in the sauna will there be a doctor at the hospital to treat them? ( doctor in the hospital leaves at 9.00 and isn't replaced )

If you stack the saunas in your inventory will they too get stuck? (Inventory bug)

And what new and wonderful bugs will this rehash of the "same old same old" bring??

Nope. Not buying.

kim :/
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Oh Plum to the no I ain't buying a Game Pack when it costs $40 here, the most expensive price for a GP in the world, not to mention I could just buy Expansion Packs which are only $10 dearer with about 5 times more content.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,511 Member
    Everything about this pack is perfect except for the release date. Late July is so long to wait. I'm hoping they meant early July and said late by mistake.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    So basically all the features of Bon Voyage will be split into one GP per location and per feature. Ten to one we get an At the Beach GP, followed by a haunted Pirate ship GP, then one more GP with an Asian theme, followed by a Make New Memories / Honeymoon GP. At $20 a pop, by the time you get something that adequately resembles BV you'll have spent about $120... and still no word on the incest bug, the culling, the borked emotions, etc.

Hope this makes your game more fun. :unamused:

BTW: if the way EA has been publishing this game were comparable to how a cable company distributes media, then it would be like a cable company charging premium pay-per-view for re-runs. Bleh.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,284 Member
    Everything about this pack is perfect except for the release date. Late July is so long to wait. I'm hoping they meant early July and said late by mistake.

That's what I'm hoping also CLP. :)
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    I didn't much use the spa items in Sims 3; why spend money on something I'll never use?

One word for the new game pack: Yawn.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member

That's what I'm hoping also CLP. :)

Hoping they meant mid-July.
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    kimjo313 wrote: »
    Hmmm. So what will the "unfixed" bugs do in this "recycled" items gamepack?

Maybe Dad can "sauna" with his daughter in the nude (incest bug.)

Maybe the spa will face upside down instead of backwards. ( Newcrest lot bug)

Will the sims miss out on an invitation to the Day Spa because the post card did not arrive in the mail? (Mail Box Glitch)

If they eat in the sauna will they like what they are eating? (Fruitcake bug)

Will the TV remote work from the sauna? ( sims not turning off tv w/ remote)

If you place the sauna in the basement will it create a terrain hill? (Creating Basement Causes Terrain Slope )

If your sim slips and falls in the sauna will there be a doctor at the hospital to treat them? ( doctor in the hospital leaves at 9.00 and isn't replaced )

If you stack the saunas in your inventory will they too get stuck? (Inventory bug)

And what new and wonderful bugs will this rehash of the "same old same old" bring??

Nope. Not buying.

kim :/

Do you actually have all those bugs or are you just trying to be unpleasant? The so called incest bug is a graphical glitch more than anything, the Sims do not actually act in a incest us manner. And what you said about Dad and his daughter is disgusting even as a so called joke.

• Options
    gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    This is going to be the first Sims add-on that I am not purchasing.
    I bought OR, used it once and have not felt the need to use it again.
    Have bought both the Stuff packs and regret buying them. I have not used anything except the hot tubs and even they aren't enough for the $15 AUD Price tag.
    Maxis/EA needs to get their priorities right. This pack is not needed right now, they need to get the basics back into the game.
    For everyone buying it, I'm glad that you are excited, at least they are pleasing some people.
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif