Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let me explain myself

Ok as you know in my past threads i said i was going to release some sims to you guys and poofed for about 1000 years. Well , My computer crashed after windows 8.1 update you could say so i had to refresh it , with file wipe. I basically trashed the project since all my sims were gone but thats what i get for not backing the game up i guess? If you guys still up for it i'm down .:|

Comments

• Options
    AlyxMSAlyxMS Posts: 22 Member
    Bad luck, but you don't have to wipe the data.
    My old laptop broke down a month ago. I unscrewed the entire thing, took the hard drive out, bought a USB to SATA adapter, connected to another computer and got all the data recovered. Including all the mods for the Sims. It's kinda hard since NTFS had this weird read/write authority system and it took me quite a few hours but it was worth it.
    Next time your computer broke down you may think again before wiping the data. As long as your hard drive is not broken, most files are recoverable.
  • Options
    KoariMisukaKoariMisuka Posts: 109 Member
    AlyxMS wrote: »
    Bad luck, but you don't have to wipe the data.<br />
    My old laptop broke down a month ago. I unscrewed the entire thing, took the hard drive out, bought a USB to SATA adapter, connected to another computer and got all the data recovered. Including all the mods for the Sims. It's kinda hard since NTFS had this weird read/write authority system and it took me quite a few hours but it was worth it.<br />
    Next time your computer broke down you may think again before wiping the data. As long as your hard drive is not broken, most files are recoverable.

It wasn't that kind of crash. There was an update for windows 8.1 but i reverted by computer back to windows 8 . Early and i guess
    there was some kind of conflict because it didn't take. This made the system completely unassailable.The update would show a blue
    screen saying the Update had failed and not to turn off the computer. Harmless right? this screen would last forever with no end.
    If you tried to shut the computer down anyway , The computer would boot back into the same screen or give you a 5 second five
    screen of death and then boot back into that screen. This happened to people who didn't want to deal with windows 8.1 and
    tried to revert back.