Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims if it's in your way move it!

I just would like some more AI in this game.

When a Sim cannot eat at a table because there's something on it ... move that something somewhere else!
If there's something preventing you from using the washing machine... move that something out of the way!
If there's someone in front of the TV and you can't see the picture, tell him/her to get out of the way!
And so on and on and on........

Don't keep waving at me telling me to do it. Do it yourself Sims!

Sorry, rant over.

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    edited August 2021
    I feel your pain. It's a lot like wrangling children in RL. Instead of taking care of a problem, themselves, they holler "Mommy. Mommy!"
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited August 2021
    I feel your pain. It's a lot like wrangling children in RL. Instead of taking care of a problem, themselves, they holler "Mommy. Mommy!"

To tell the truth, if they started to do things like that for themselves it would scare me silly! :o
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    If I had a Simolean for every time a sim trapped themselves in a corner with a violin ...
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    Here's an example from a recent game.

The Problem: Katie, a teen Sim with almost no Cooking ability, decides it's time to prepare a meal. While I applaud Katie's initiative, she's not nearly as skilled a cook as her parents and, what's more, everyone in Katie's family is in the green zone for Hunger. Katie catches the stove, and herself, on fire.
    The Problem Worsens: Ron, Katie's dad, is not far away, and he is understandably alarmed by his only daughter's plight. However, a few minutes before Katie caught the stove on fire, Ron had been playing a guitar. He set it down when he was through with it...and now he can't figure out a way to move between the guitar and a sofa. Nor can he remember that if he turns around, he'll be able to walk through the living room, exit through a door, and follow the usual route to the kitchen--a route everyone in the family uses constantly.
    Ron's Solution: Ron decides to stand in place, waving his hand back and forth. The frustration is identical to that which he feels when I try to make him solve his Bladder issue by sending him to the wrong toilet.

I was able to turn Ron into a hero by having him put the guitar into his inventory before clicking on Katie and having Ron extinguish the blaze. I'm glad I was paying attention, or Ron's inability to get past a guitar on a stand might have been disastrous.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    Here's an example from a recent game.

The Problem: Katie, a teen Sim with almost no Cooking ability, decides it's time to prepare a meal. While I applaud Katie's initiative, she's not nearly as skilled a cook as her parents and, what's more, everyone in Katie's family is in the green zone for Hunger. Katie catches the stove, and herself, on fire.
    The Problem Worsens: Ron, Katie's dad, is not far away, and he is understandably alarmed by his only daughter's plight. However, a few minutes before Katie caught the stove on fire, Ron had been playing a guitar. He set it down when he was through with it...and now he can't figure out a way to move between the guitar and a sofa. Nor can he remember that if he turns around, he'll be able to walk through the living room, exit through a door, and follow the usual route to the kitchen--a route everyone in the family uses constantly.
    Ron's Solution: Ron decides to stand in place, waving his hand back and forth. The frustration is identical to that which he feels when I try to make him solve his Bladder issue by sending him to the wrong toilet.

I was able to turn Ron into a hero by having him put the guitar into his inventory before clicking on Katie and having Ron extinguish the blaze. I'm glad I was paying attention, or Ron's inability to get past a guitar on a stand might have been disastrous.

Yes, that's typical!
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    One reason to like vampires. With wings, they can just fly anywhere, nothing gets in their way.

I don't get why Sims can't at least scoot a chair in to walk past it, or pick up the item that's in the way.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

For moving, this has been sorta solved. Now they walk through things instead of getting stuck all the time. Looks weird, but hey, better than a couple years ago when they got stuck on everything.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Always wanted this!! Would love to see sims pick up a box or chair or certain things and move it out of their way. Doubt it would happen in ts4 but it would be sooooo cool and advanced.
    Ever since I tried it I can't live without tmex live drag objects mod. No more in and out of build mode atleast I drag any object out of the way.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    bluedanube wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    I just would like some more AI in this game.

When a Sim cannot eat at a table because there's something on it ... move that something somewhere else!
    If there's something preventing you from using the washing machine... move that something out of the way!
    If there's someone in front of the TV and you can't see the picture, tell him/her to get out of the way!
    And so on and on and on........

Don't keep waving at me telling me to do it. Do it yourself Sims!

Sorry, rant over.

There is actually a mod for this. It comes with scumbumbo's (R.I.P.) "Teleport any Sim".

pc4mnje8y7zyumg7qhr0.png

You are still playing the Sims on your HP Omen, right? Or did you switch to a gaming console?

Still using my HP Omen but I'm not using any mods until all packs and patches are over. I'd prefer Maxis to sort it out. I had too much trouble with Sims 3 messing about with them.

• Options
    jbadger12jbadger12 Posts: 321 Member
    Not exactly the same situation, but a very similar one: My sim was in the same room as her baby who had a dirty diaper. Mom couldn't change the diaper, though, because a guest in the house was coming up from downstairs to do the (presumably) wrong thing to try and quiet the baby. Mom waves her hand and says "I can't get there!"
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
    Gallery ID: jjbadgett12
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,975 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

To tell the truth, if they started to do things like that for themselves it would scare me silly! :o

Lol….. this made me laugh!
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited August 2021
    jbadger12 wrote: »
    Not exactly the same situation, but a very similar one: My sim was in the same room as her baby who had a dirty diaper. Mom couldn't change the diaper, though, because a guest in the house was coming up from downstairs to do the (presumably) wrong thing to try and quiet the baby. Mom waves her hand and says "I can't get there!"

@jbadger12 Oh, dear. I would understand the problem if Mom had been downstairs, too...but not if she's in the room with her baby! And even if Mom had an interaction with her house guest queued up (probably something mundane like Ask if Mermaid), she wouldn't do the Hand Wave of Helplessness move.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited August 2021
    tbh id hate this because sometimes i don't mean for sims to walk past objects or be able to move them and i actually use them to block my sims from for example cooking in a dang bathroom or something (though it hardly works cause theyll use literally everything but a kitchen counter p_p)

and most things that really do get in the way you can just drag around yourself

+you can always teleport sims using shift click on ground anywhere
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free