Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Official Countdown Thread (Now Available)!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Wait, i thought it was 22 of this month. Noooo! :'(
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    So they named it Cottage Living?

I did like the look of the world but it appeared more of a watered-down Windenburg than anything.

The success of the pack hinges on whether they can eradicate the gardening bug. They need to fix it - and fast!

I loved the music in the trailer.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    So they named it Cottage Living?

I did like the look of the world but it appeared more of a watered-down Windenburg than anything.

The success of the pack hinges on whether they can eradicate the gardening bug. They need to fix it - and fast!

I loved the music in the trailer.

Pretty confident they'll have a final fix in the pre-pack patch at the very latest -- evidently not everyone is experiencing it so it's hard to track down.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Can we pre-order already?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Can we pre-order already?

yes i already did.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Grocery ordering and picnic baskets are coming in this pack.
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    @catloverplayer Where did you snag the grocery ordering from? Did you see something in the video or was that posted somewhere?
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    @catloverplayer Where did you snag the grocery ordering from? Did you see something in the video or was that posted somewhere?

The blog.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    It so has an Alice before Wonderland meets Little House on the Prairie meets Dorothy before OZ meets Anne of Green Gables. This new world will be very very useful in my Historical Game Saves. ;)
  • Options
    simslover1145simslover1145 Posts: 304 Member
    edited June 2021
    Mareah wrote: »
    Wait, i thought it was 22 of this month. Noooo! :'(

omg same :'( I was so excited we didn't have to wait for too long lol
    Starry-Night-Over-The-Rhone.jpg?ts=1459229076
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Why do you think they announced it so far away from release?
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    first song for the count down
    https://youtu.be/tTUZswZHsWQ
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I could move my Belle & Beast in the new town. Right now they live in Winderburg.
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited June 2021
    bebop da whop --deleted--
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    edited June 2021
    troshalom wrote: »
    Holiday wrote: »
    Anyone else having the Wednesday showing on Origin? This is what I'm seeing, but not sure if this is normal?

HTEMhvp.png

@Holiday look at the time zone BST so in the Americas 7/22

That would be 1pm ET and 10am PT on 21st as the UK timezone is ahead.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Gordy wrote: »
    I wonder if animals can get sick? If this pack has some compatibility with vets, I would be incredibly happy.

@Gordy would be nice if they built interactions for people who have cats & dogs. To have the vets see cows, llamas etc would be cool. They might have to travel to the lot for farm animals and you bring bunnies to the vet clinic.

@Holiday yeah, I caught my foo par after I posted the comment.

Soooooo there is alot going on in this picture
    screen4ep11.jpg
    1. boy wading in pond
    2. ducks swimming in the same pond
    3. free ranging chickens and cows, not stuck to the asset like in TS3
    4. free ranging bunnies and LLAMAS
    5. cute animal fixtures on the roof
    6. new bunny & chicken clutter
    7. picnic basket

Definitely want to update my farm lots. I have a huge farm in Newcrest on the largest lot that my botanist sim manages and I took the largest lot in Del Sol valley and put an urban farm on it.

This pack with the eco farming stuff from Eco Lifestyle and the gardening from Seasons and fishing nets from Sulani really rounds out farming. I said I wouldn't buy any more packs, but I really am inspired to build with these latest two packs. Plus you can convert Strangerville into a western ranch farming town.

ooooo the ideas!
    Post edited by troshalom on
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Those are some low-poly ducks.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Those are some low-poly ducks.

I hope we can feed them
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    More to unpack in these images too:
    screen2ep11.jpg
    1. children COOKING
    2. hand embroidery - looks like a nice addition for those who have nifty knitting
    screen3ep11.jpg
    1. Toddlers playing with trowels, maybe they get to dig in the dirt
    2. Jam/Preserves - I hope they worked with the modder who has the jam mod I no longer need
    3. stuff growing on the vine - pumpkins, egg plants, & melons, wonder if there will be grapes & nectar too

Looks like the pack is an immersive family pack for family players and with lots of pretty assets for builders.

Kinda worried about what Jim Parsons will do

Not sure of the link to the blog is, but Sims community reposted it if you want more details: https://simscommunity.info/2021/06/10/the-sims-blog-breathe-in-the-fresh-countryside-air-with-the-sims-4-cottage-living/
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    @troshalom I am dubious about how far the cow and llama can roam from their little houses. I believe they probably are tied to them, because I haven't seen any shot where there isn't that little hut in the background. But maybe they can walk all over the property. That would be cool!
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I wonder what kind of new landscaping we're getting...
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    I love this pack so much, like EVERYTHING, THE animals, city CAS BBmode EVERYTHING, i think they easily garant my top best expasion of the sims 4, also pick the place of seasons....

and although I think there would be fairies, by the hints and even the beginning of the trailer, I didn't really care, they could have added what would easily make the best expansion of the sims 4 without any opposing opinion (but I still believe that for me it's the best expansion) . but wow, the trailer and the whole composition made me feel that smell of the sims that I haven't felt for a long time. llamas finally in the franchise, my only sadness is it's only in July.

anyway about fairies i think we will have it sooner than i can think, the amount of farm hints were huge in the previous packs and now fairies seem to appear everywhere. maybe in a gamepack in september? honestly only generations feel that the game is complete. I hope they take a period to update and fix the game's bugs in particular the lag simulation, otherwise I just need more information about the pack :D
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I'm actually glad they announced this pack so early. I think the whole farming contingency were going to bust a gasket if this wasn't a farming pack. Happy the chickens are free range, and excited about the LLAMAS.

But come on, where are the DRAGONS 🤗😱

Now if they can throw the faith community some love, we can all be happy about representation in the Sims 🙃.

For real tho, glad the farmers get more assets and animals. One lady on YT posted she gets to hug cows in real life & in game awwww

@GirafHuntr yeah, might cows be tied to the lots. The blog mentions cows on a community lot too.
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    42 days.. Oh god.. I need to forget about this and remember around july 22 at 17 gmt
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/