May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disabling Walk-bys and Keeping Residents in their Own Neighborhood

Is there a way to stop having walk-bys in neighborhoods that don't make sense? Like the little neighborhood in Willow Creek that is a cul de sac, why would anyone be walking around there. You live on a cul de sac to not have random people walking or driving in your neighborhood. I want to eliminate people walking there. I don't know why it bothers me so much.

And then the other thing...how the heck can I keep sims in their own neighborhoods and worlds? Like I don't want my Sulani and Mt Komorebi sims walking around in that same little cul de sac. Why the heck would they be there?

Comments

• Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    This is one thing I really hate about the game. Random sims from random worlds walking around with no purpose. Especially in places where it makes no sense, a public area makes sense but not a neighborhood with no community objects.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,742 Member
    edited June 2021
    There is a mod that does that.

But I have completely forgotten what it was called.

Edit: Sharonia found it.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    There is a mod by Lotharihoe that can help if you are not opposed to using mods. You can find it here... https://lotharihoe.tumblr.com/post/622921247655919616/sso-sim-spawn-overhaul-download-google-drive or you can just google Lotharihoe Sim Spawn Overhaul if you are not comfortable clicking on links.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,475 Member
    Thanks for the link. If I had known about this mod, I would have gotten it ages ago. I will definitely start using it.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Omg...thank you! I hope I can turn off walk-bys. They annoy me so much.