Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bunk Bed Bugs

LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
I want to make this clear - this is not because I hate the Devs, but because I hate bugs.

Here's the first bug I found when building - you can move most Beds UNDER the Top Bunk beds just fine, as is intended, but you cannot place Top Bunks OVER single beds. In other words you have to put a Top Bunk down first, THEN move your alternate lower-bunk underneath.

It's hardly a game-killing glitch, but the kind of silly thing I figure could use pointing out sooner rather than later. The sort of silly little thing that could end up snowballing in size as more bunks are added and more functionality is added to bunks.
Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
Post edited by Loanet on

Comments

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Thank you for mentioning that detail. I had a minute to log in and take a quick look at the new bunk beds and i couldn't make the loft beds go over single beds :lol:
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    This sounds inconvenient for some but is it an actual bug or is it intended?
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    According to one of the gurus, this is a first iteration of the bunk beds so improvements may be already being made...
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Aren't the bunkbeds one whole thing?
  • Options
    SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    the loft bed doesnt work if u put like a desk underneath it or a sofa or something...kinda defeats the purpose of a loft bunk lol hope they fix that :)
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,358 Member
    SeanBobbyG wrote: »
    the loft bed doesnt work if u put like a desk underneath it or a sofa or something...kinda defeats the purpose of a loft bunk lol hope they fix that :)

You can put a one tile desk or a chair under the loft bed (with MOO) for now. it's only 2 tile objects that interfere with the routing. Or, more specifically, putting something too close to the ladder, because one tile objects need to be under the pillow. And I'm sure they're working on that.
  • Options
    SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    You can put a one tile desk or a chair under the loft bed (with MOO) for now. it's only 2 tile objects that interfere with the routing. Or, more specifically, putting something too close to the ladder, because one tile objects need to be under the pillow. And I'm sure they're working on that.[/quote]

oh i put a small chair and wasnt able to use the bunk let me try again maybe i placed it close to the ladder
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,567 Member
    Must be the Irish blood in me, but I just naturally placed the top bunk first before snapping another bed underneath, so I didn't really see an issue.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited March 2021
    SeanBobbyG wrote: »
    You can put a one tile desk or a chair under the loft bed (with MOO) for now. it's only 2 tile objects that interfere with the routing. Or, more specifically, putting something too close to the ladder, because one tile objects need to be under the pillow. And I'm sure they're working on that.

oh i put a small chair and wasnt able to use the bunk let me try again maybe i placed it close to the ladder[/quote]

Make sure your chair isn't facing the ladder, it needs to be under the pillow end facing out into the room.

PRoz4cj.png
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Not being able to put 2-tile objects underneath the Loft Bunk is something they're currently aware of and working on. Remember, it's still two functioning objects in one place.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Loanet wrote: »
    Not being able to put a lot of things underneath the Loft Bunk is something they're currently aware of and working on. Remember, it's still two functioning objects in one place.

Also it occurred to me, we got a brand new animation in a free update-crawling, that's a brand new animation for S4. I wonder if this will make sleeping bags possible? If they can make the crawling and getting under the covers animation work on the ground, maybe we can get sleeping bags one day.
  • Options
    @Pamtastic72 I'd love sleeping bags! Remember sims 3 sleepovers when the kids would bring their own and you'd have them sleeping all over the place? 🤣
  • Options
    Sleeping bags would be another kind of bed, behaviour-wise. Most things are portable. Maybe you'd have a different kind of animation to get in.
  • Options
    matheus_mar_1999matheus_mar_1999 Posts: 105 Member
    There is no "Instant Upgrade" on bunk beds
    fK8s4G8.png

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    It’s not a bug at all. The beds underneath snap to the loft beds above. Even the toddler beds snap to the loft beds. It’s done that way so you can interchange which bed is on the bottom.

Now not being able to put things in the middle slot which makes the top bunk not work is definitely a bug that needs fixed.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    edited March 2021
    There is coding apparently to be able to slot more stuff under loft beds that just hasn’t been activated yet, but likely will in future updates.

I genuinely think they pushed these out earlier than they wanted to because they were absolutely inundated (on Twitter at least) with often really rude and aggressive posts demanding these. My guess is they actually would’ve released in May or so had so many simmers not been so aggressive.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,484 Member

I genuinely think they pushed these out earlier than they wanted to because they were absolutely inundated (on Twitter at least) with often really rude and aggressive posts demanding these. My guess is they actually would’ve released in May or so had so many simmers not been so aggressive.

Oh dear. Now the same folks will complain about the “half-baked bunk beds”. 😂
    Must be the Irish blood in me, but I just naturally placed the top bunk first before snapping another bed underneath,
    It’s true. That’s what I do at home. All the time.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,888 Member
    Not a bug, just an observation but there’s no plain white swatch for the wooden bunk bed.
  • Options

Oh dear. Now the same folks will complain about the “half-baked bunk beds”. 😂
    Must be the Irish blood in me, but I just naturally placed the top bunk first before snapping another bed underneath,
    It’s true. That’s what I do at home. All the time.

Well, there’s a definite coalition that just complains no matter what.

Them: “We want bunk beds”! 😡

EA yesterday: “Tah dah! Bunk beds!” 😁

Them: “They should’ve been in base game”, “It’s been 7 years”, “they’re half-baked”, “Not as good as the ones in Sims 1, 2, 3!” 🤬
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Give it another 6 years and it will be fixed. They may add more features in a Kit or Stuff pack.
  • Options
    I think they HAVE been pushed out half-done - like, the Devs were given a deadline and they had to put out the basics, rather than anything in-depth. Everything is always released half-done. And then, by updating them shortly, people actually think they're being listened to.
  • Options
    I don't see what the big deal is about them being this way. In fact, I'd say it's a win for us. The devs have said they are still working on them and we get to play about with them whilst we wait for the other improvements.

It's not like they just rushed them, threw them out unfinished and will never do anything more with them.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,145 Member
    Ok, still don't see the Bunkbed bug. To me it works fine. It's so cool to be able to have any single bed for the bottom part of the Bunkbed. Even my Sims 3 can't do that. :)
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Besides objects placement, I've noticed that when switching to build mode while sims sleeping those in bunk beds ending waked up and standing next to beds afterwards, while sims using regular beds continue their sleeping routine normally without being awaken. This is such a minor irritation though...
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    Besides objects placement, I've noticed that when switching to build mode while sims sleeping those in bunk beds ending waked up and standing next to beds afterwards, while sims using regular beds continue their sleeping routine normally without being awaken. This is such a minor irritation though...

Same, I also have a problem with sims not actually going to bed in the bunk beds on their own. They do if I direct them but they prefer the couch. I like them though! I'm playing a 100 baby challenge at the moment so they are very useful :smiley:
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack