The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

40% Is Not A Good Sign in a General Pack

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,016 Member
    edited March 2021
    telmarina wrote: »
    @SimmerGeorge @Triplis oh ok i can see that now... anyway, like i said i'm not dismissing the people that are not satisfied with sims 4. There's a lot more people disliking it in youtube and that's something i would try to understand and look at if i were maxis/ea. Anyway it's still not relevant statistically because we still don't choose the sample. Random people (again, this is not a dismissive therm) answers this kind of polls and in youtube people can even vote twice if they are that dissatisfied/mad...
    Since these packs probably take a whole lot less work, and time, they probably don’t need to sell as much to turn a profit. I’m sure it won’t take long to see what people like the most just by looking at sales than they will looking at random polls. I like them a lot, and I bet a lot of builders are going to end up liking them too ( I’m just mostly a player ), I love using others buildings, if I can find what I want. I’m sure some kits will bomb, and some people will love. My daughter plays on console, so doesn’t use CC either.... she loves the kitchen and the vacuum cleaner kit. Whereas I got all 3. It’s great for those who don’t use CC and for console players.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,056 Member
    EGDvgrL.png
    Unrelated, but Plumbella's review of packs has more views, despite coming out a day later.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    @SimmerGeorge @Triplis oh ok i can see that now... anyway, like i said i'm not dismissing the people that are not satisfied with sims 4. There's a lot more people disliking it in youtube and that's something i would try to understand and look at if i were maxis/ea. Anyway it's still not relevant statistically because we still don't choose the sample. Random people (again, this is not a dismissive therm) answers this kind of polls and in youtube people can even vote twice if they are that dissatisfied/mad...
    Since these packs probably take a whole lot less work, and time, they probably don’t need to sell as much to turn a profit. I’m sure it won’t take long to see what olpeople like the most just by looking at sales than they will looking at random polls. I like them a lot, and I bet a lot of builders are going to end up liking them too ( I’m just mostly a player ), I love using others buildings, if I can find what I want. I’m sure some kits will bomb, and some people will love. My daughter plays on console, so doesn’t use CC either.... she loves the kitchen and the vacuum cleaner kit. Whereas I got all 3. It’s great for those who don’t use CC and for console players.

I like it too and the possibilities that can come with kits concerning new niche content that i can get in my game. For console players the possibilities can be even greater. But i do understand the complains... i was interested in 2 of the 3 kits and yet have only bought one of them because i do find the cas and bb packs a bit expensive for me. But like you said at the end sales are what will dictate the future of the kits. Twitter polls or youtube dislikes are not going to have any hand on that, specially because a lot of people who vote negativelly do buy the kits.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Like/dislike on YouTube is far from a sure thing to measure popularity. If you like a video it ends up among your liked videos, for myself I only like videos I want to see again. A sales video would never end up there no matter how much I liked the product.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    Like/dislike on YouTube is far from a sure thing to measure popularity. If you like a video it ends up among your liked videos, for myself I only like videos I want to see again. A sales video would never end up there no matter how much I liked the product.

@Peral And then me on the other hand, as I'm sure many people, like videos as a reflex. The moment a video starts I press the like button, even if I don't like them. It's the same with scrolling instagram, you instantly like everything you see. A lot of people have this habit, especially younger people.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there, just a quick heads-up: I removed a few comments because they were out of line. Please keep the forum rules in mind. Thank you!
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Paigeisin5
    I'm done with the Sims franchise as soon as Sims5 arrives. Maybe sooner if the content I am waiting for doesn't come along in the next couple of months. If a competitor comes along or not, I won't be investing any money into yet another iteration in this franchise. And I have been an avid Simmer for years. It is beyond sad to find myself feeling this way, but EA has only itself to blame if many of us turn our backs on The Sims. You are so right about EA digging a grave and burying this franchise. The Sims is hardly the first of it's titles to meet doom and gloom, then disappear. So I'll be one of the first in line to try whatever new life simulation game hits the market first. I hope whichever one it is blows the wheels off EA's cart. I also hope the creators of that new life simulator take note of what happens when a corporation allows greed to override quality and integrity. EA has invested very little in making Sims4 better than the previous versions, and it's lack of integrity is so blatant I am almost ashamed of my part in it's success as a game publisher. I will always play Sims3 and 4, but Sims5 will never be on my PC. [/quote]

I pretty much agree with this apart from the fact I will still be playing series 2,3 and 4 when S5 finally arrives. I am not a gamer by any sense of the word but I did think when a game iteration changes I naturally assumed it was supposed to be an upgrade on the series before it and while I quite like S4 for some of it's features I certainly don't believe it outshines other iterations of the game at all.

• Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Since these packs probably take a whole lot less work, and time, they probably don’t need to sell as much to turn a profit. I’m sure it won’t take long to see what olpeople like the most just by looking at sales than they will looking at random polls. I like them a lot, and I bet a lot of builders are going to end up liking them too ( I’m just mostly a player ), I love using others buildings, if I can find what I want. I’m sure some kits will bomb, and some people will love. My daughter plays on console, so doesn’t use CC either.... she loves the kitchen and the vacuum cleaner kit. Whereas I got all 3. It’s great for those who don’t use CC and for console players.

I like it too and the possibilities that can come with kits concerning new niche content that i can get in my game. For console players the possibilities can be even greater. But i do understand the complains... i was interested in 2 of the 3 kits and yet have only bought one of them because i do find the cas and bb packs a bit expensive for me. But like you said at the end sales are what will dictate the future of the kits. Twitter polls or youtube dislikes are not going to have any hand on that, specially because a lot of people who vote negativelly do buy the kits.

I don't understand the comparison of kits to cc? Can some explain please?
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I've came to the conclusion that kits are like marmite, people are either going to like or dislike it, I would definitely say this, that the sims team needs to take another look at prices globally and make the price fair all planet round
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited March 2021
    Gordy wrote: »
    EGDvgrL.png
    Unrelated, but Plumbella's review of packs has more views, despite coming out a day later.

The trailers for kits are also on Twitter and Instagram, it has 300k on Instagram and 200k on twitter. A lot of people probably didn't bother to watch on Youtube aswell as there's not much else to see. Plus videos talking about them is more interesting than watching their marketing videos
    Post edited by Onverser on
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    In Bust the Dust it's easy to keep an apartment clean, but anything more than two floors and people have to clean constantly. I think my points previously made on 'I don't play Sims for realism' are now fully validated.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.