Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tiny Living SP - Early Access honest review

Comments

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Wall microwaves would be nice, but since they likely require a new animation set they would have to come in an EP or a GP I suppose. I genuinely do think the devs are trying to implement as many of the players wants as they can, and overall I think this looks like a great pack.

Thanks for the info on the lamps everyone. Now I know I can size it down in smaller homes, but full sized will probably look great in a lot of the apartments in San Myshuno with those super high ceilings.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Is it possible to use the space in front of the bed with live drag and drop items? Such as dragging an easel from the inventory and painting in that space and then putting it away before dropping the bed?

I agree about the clothing, I said early on that it would have been good to have less (or even none) of the clothing and more in the way of space-saving objects. Maybe we could have had ladders if there had been no clothes, and a combo oven/microwave unit.

Perhaps they will bear that in mind for future packs.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Is it possible to use the space in front of the bed with live drag and drop items? Such as dragging an easel from the inventory and painting in that space and then putting it away before dropping the bed?

I agree about the clothing, I said early on that it would have been good to have less (or even none) of the clothing and more in the way of space-saving objects. Maybe we could have had ladders if there had been no clothes, and a combo oven/microwave unit.

Perhaps they will bear that in mind for future packs.

They mentioned in the live stream that they created the Murphy bed without a couch so you could utilize the space in front of it. BUT, they also said you have to use MOO. They shouldn't have bothered if they weren't going to really make that space usable. I personally don't use MOO because I share my lots to the gallery, and it often interferes with Sims using things.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Wall microwaves would be nice, but since they likely require a new animation set they would have to come in an EP or a GP I suppose. I genuinely do think the devs are trying to implement as many of the players wants as they can, and overall I think this looks like a great pack.

Thanks for the info on the lamps everyone. Now I know I can size it down in smaller homes, but full sized will probably look great in a lot of the apartments in San Myshuno with those super high ceilings.

I would like a Ultimate Home pack. ALL of the combo items (wall stove + microwave) all in one bathroom, , more love seats, more bar height tables, counters and cabinets. Doors, walls, floors, windows, etc.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Bearly_MediaBearly_Media Posts: 124 Member
    Hey, thank you for the review and informative thread.

I have kind of a specific question: is it possible (with move objects on), to place a Murphy Bed over a flight of stairs going into a basement?

What happens during live gameplay when you place objects (or a secret flight of stairs) underneath the bed using cheats?

Does the bed have an in-game error message saying something is blocking it, or is my secret dungeon idea a bust?
  • Options

I would like a Ultimate Home pack. ALL of the combo items (wall stove + microwave) all in one bathroom, , more love seats, more bar height tables, counters and cabinets. Doors, walls, floors, windows, etc.

Yes, I have wanted wall ovens for a long time. Also cooktops that slot into countertops separate from an oven. One of the cc creators made a kitchen pack with those kinds of cooktops With a separate oven, though the oven can’t slot into a wall, but I am always happy to remove cc in favor of Maxis content.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I think i'll only buy this pack if i need to complete a bundle... the think that excited me more were the books clutter becoming bookstores because i don't like the bookstores that we have. They are either too big or too modern. But this came with the patch. So...
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

Yes, I have wanted wall ovens for a long time. Also cooktops that slot into countertops separate from an oven. One of the cc creators made a kitchen pack with those kinds of cooktops With a separate oven, though the oven can’t slot into a wall, but I am always happy to remove cc in favor of Maxis content.

Theres a bathroom pack thats coming out soon and it looks amazing. I want Maxis to make content like that. It's on trend and everything was thought of.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    The lamp sizes down quite nicely. I sized it down to table top size but wasn't able to place it on a side table. Maybe with MOO.

xmKcLBX.png
    Pic courtesy of EA Early Access.

Great review @AlbaWaterhouse

I'm curious about it now. Does sizing it down still allow you to put something on the bottom tray?

• Options
    fullspiral wrote: »
    The lamp sizes down quite nicely. I sized it down to table top size but wasn't able to place it on a side table. Maybe with MOO.

xmKcLBX.png

I'm curious about it now. Does sizing it down still allow you to put something on the bottom tray?

Good question. Maybe you can still put a small slot clutter item on but sized down for scale if need be.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

A wall-mounted oven above the stove would be a most welcome addition.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member

xmKcLBX.png

Good question. Maybe you can still put a small slot clutter item on but sized down for scale if need be.

You can't put anything on the bottom shelf. Even when using MOO. Unless there is something available in Sims 4 like the invisible OMSPs in Sims 2 that would allow you to raise objects to put them on surfaces.

eoogZ2u.png
  • Options

xmKcLBX.png

You can't put anything on the bottom shelf. Even when using MOO. Unless there is something available in Sims 4 like the invisible OMSPs in Sims 2 that would allow you to raise objects to put them on surfaces.

eoogZ2u.png

Didn't @SimGuruNinja say in the stream that the lamp had a slot on it? I was sure he did.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yeah I just searched the livestream and he did say it has a nice little deco slot. I'll try it again with a smaller object.

ETA: Dave made an oopsie. There is no slot.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    I'd like an oven or microwave to mount on the wall. I also wish we could have a sink in a corner cabinet in the kitchen.
  • Options
    Yeah I just searched the livestream and he did say it has a nice little deco slot. I'll try it again with a smaller object.

ETA: Dave made an oopsie. There is no slot.

Ah well. It would have looked nice with a little plant, but at least it can be resized if needed.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Sorry to everyone with specific questions, I didn't have the chance to play the game since I wrote the review. I will play a little after work and try to solve whatever doubts are not answered yet :)
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    If you get the chance can you check if kids can also use the murphy bed and if they can die from it?
  • Options
    Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    I think they should add animations so Sims can get into or out of bed from the bottom of the bed. That way you could make a REALLY snug home if you wished to do so.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    So I’d like to comment on some misinformation. Two sims CAN in fact use a double bed when placed next to a wall. There’s a scoot over animation that happens.

I have tried since I read your comment without success, then I came accross these:

Very interesting!
  • Options
    SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes they can scoot over, but it does not work always, also the sim on the wall side can't get out of bed if the orher som is still sleeping. I think it's too much effort, to make them scoot over, at least for me.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=LWO7bVl97cA&t=5s
  • Options
    Simsandra wrote: »
    Yes they can scoot over, but it does not work always, also the sim on the wall side can't get out of bed if the orher som is still sleeping. I think it's too much effort, to make them scoot over, at least for me.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=LWO7bVl97cA&t=5s

Agreed. It is too much effort, especially with the murphy bed where you also have to have your sim putting the bed down for sleep. It would require so many interactions just to get them to sleep...
    But, the fact that it is been talked about again and that it actually exists somehow gives me hope that it could potentially be properly implemented via patch.
  • Options
    SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    I think I remember, that they were able to do it in the past. I guess when the BG was released but it broke someday.
  • Options
    I could finally get a bit of time with the game (real life is sometimes such a bummer! haha)
    And I was tryign to solve @Lionflash doubt
    I have kind of a specific question: is it possible (with move objects on), to place a Murphy Bed over a flight of stairs going into a basement?
    What happens during live gameplay when you place objects (or a secret flight of stairs) underneath the bed using cheats?

And hilarity ensued!

First I tried it in this way and it worked for her to even sleep on the bed:
    guQV1NB.png
    DWzfWc1.png
    1R0RPSf.png

Then I was like, let's try again but this time with the bed really on top of the stairs:
    oNU79cD.png

And things didn't go well fot that poor sim...

wwCmsbR.png
    jCgfzAr.png

:D oh boy, it looks deadly, right? Well, it was...
    4JGnKl9.png

The game completely ignored the stairs and the sim behaved like if it was normal ground but the pictures of her hanging over the flight of stairs are scary!